13 plants and 3 hermies

Well decided to start a fresh seed run after enjoying Nordle for two cycles with clones I selected...have 7 CBD Shark and 2 have shown hermie in the last week (28-35days flower) and 6 CBD Nordle and 1 showing hermie...my last run was of 7 Nordle in same conditions with no problems, the new seed run is awful...some plants look to finish in 10days as the plants show no bananas but seed pods developing on the middle of the plant mainly on the small buds on the stalks and not the head buds...I cloned em all so I have 2 clones of each, one to flower a second time and another to keep as a mother until I can figure this out. I figure a second chance is ok unless I find something spectacular in the 10 unaffected plants. Wish me luck i'll keep everyone informed but I am ultra disappointed.

Not to add to fire as well but I've seen lots of hermies in a couple of shanties seeds and to a small grower like my self is a massive downer
Shit and nev skunk have been crap
I've told shanti and he was very willing to offer more seed for a second run but there is only soo much disserpointment I can take

Be good

9 Nordle plants and 2 went hermie weeks 4-5 on me...other plants were excellent
I think with fems expect 10% minimum to hermie
I know that some may argue about the figure which is fine
Clone the TRUE females so you have some high CBD plants to use.
Peace

not saying this is the case with you, but many people seem to mistake swelling calyxes for seeds.
there will be no seeds unless there was pollen.
there is no pollen unless there are male flowers.
if you have not seen any male flowers, then you have not been paying enough attention to your plants, or there never was any male flowers to begin with.

Peace

G`day Curious

Why would 10 % herm ?
If Shanti is using Non Herm parents .
The femming changes the plants hormones not its genetics ...

G`day Curious

Why would 10 % herm ?
If Shanti is using Non Herm parents .
The femming changes the plants hormones not its genetics ...

i see herms quite often with mns strains, i kinda expect it now and just look for and clone the ones that dont herm

yeah people might say its my fault or use the excuse i should cut off lower growth, but none of that is the reason

no matter what though, nice plants can and are found within mns strains

I used to find some hermies in MNS plants and would get upset and blame Shanti - then I discovered it was all environmental (i.e. my own fault.)
I improved my garden and feeding techniques and now, honest to God, I haven't seen one for many many many MANY plants.

MNS seeds do not have a hermie problem but you need to understand them, perhaps, a little better than some hardier - but ultimately less impressive - other breeder's offerings. Some of Shanti's plants are very fussy - especially the haze hybrids...

I think overfeeding is the no1 cause for plant stress and 'nannas - just choose your favourite plant, regardless of 'nannas and feed her properly second time around - she will be fine. If you go by the charts that are produced by the nutrient companies you will have a big problem. Their suggested doses are WAY too strong.

I used to find some hermies in MNS plants and would get upset and blame Shanti - then I discovered it was all environmental (i.e. my own fault.)
I improved my garden and feeding techniques and now, honest to God, I haven't seen one for many many many MANY plants.

MNS seeds do not have a hermie problem but you need to understand them, perhaps, a little better than some hardier - but ultimately less impressive - other breeder's offerings. Some of Shanti's plants are very fussy - especially the haze hybrids...

I think overfeeding is the no1 cause for plant stress and 'nannas - just choose your favourite plant, regardless of 'nannas and feed her properly second time around - she will be fine. If you go by the charts that are produced by the nutrient companies you will have a big problem. Their suggested doses are WAY too strong.

ive kept moms and run clones multiple times, over fed, under fed, and everything in between, nothing stopped them, other plants/strains didnt hermie growing along with them either

not dissing mns/shantibaba, just posting my experiences with the plants/strains

What I have found over the years as far as hermies go is that they can pop up from a lot of different breeders. I.e as the hermie trate is in cannabis plants dating back to year 0 and as ALL the strains we grow and smoke all come from those plants from year 0 it can show out in any strain if stressed or the conditions /time of flower ect is right for that hermie trate to show.

The only thing a breeder can do is try and breed a stable strain that will take more stress before it will hermie and these plants make for a better resale aswell as a plant us growers want.

I have said this before on here that I paid top dollars for seeds from one of the top breeders/company's and they hermied like mad so I spent a long time making all the grow conditions, feeding ect spot on and they still hermied so I guess the hermie trate must of been strong in that batch of seeds which again would of come from the parents and for some unknown reason showed easly in the seeds/plants i had. I think the only thing we can all do is grow the best we can/know and hope that the hermie trate doesn't show. But just as the hermie trate can show so can the less hermie trate girls which would be our keepers.

I know this doesn't help you with the plants you have now ect but it is some info that will help people understand cannabis plants a little better.

Sorry to here this bad luck you have had.

Above average hermies

I had with MNS strains.
And I tried a lot of different breeders.
Nevertheless genetics of MNS have potential.
More stresstests should be done.
:confused:

Peace

U expected right on fems... I feel for a wasted run.:(

Back