10,000 Watt Mother Room

Phrank, bonsai plants have been around for centuries! (Seriously, CENTURIES! look up the history of bonsai). Orientals started & spread the practice. It was a popular thing in the 70s during the houseplant fad. I bonsai'ed cuttings (not yet called clones back then) from my fav fem for mass seed production back in the mid 70s, for the purpose of keeping pollen covered seed mommas out of my sensimellia grow. Chance of the fans spreading pollen. Didnt know or care if anybody else was making bonsai herb plants or not, it was just my thing to try & it worked. I'm constantly suprised that everybody thinks this is a 'new' thing.
- Sorry Pnut. Had to make a point. Scrog isn't as new as everybody thinks either. Back in the 60-70s, all we had to grow was bag seed from sativas. Knowing it would never finish before hard freeze in late fall, we bent them over & held them down with rusty chicken wire to hide those tall bitches & to make it easier to cover with shading material to get a 10/14 photoperiod to induce flowering earlier. Scrog came from that. Just remember that very little is actually new.
- Sorry again Pnut.... here's your thread back! :)

P.S. I first heard of the chicken wire 'scrog' from tomato farmers having problems with land turtles taking a bite from the bottom of each tomato, thus ruining their profits. They'd grow through leaving the chicken wire between the ground & the fruit.

Last edited:
Just remember that very little is actually new

When in fact, NOTHING is new. no word, sentence, idea, is new. We are just continuing the cycle! Everything comes from somewhere, and in the canna community it would be good for the egotists and megalomaniacs to remember. Im sure screens, induced flowering, bonsai's etc were around before there is any possibility of a record existing.

bonsai..

catbuds-

Yep, bonsai has been around forever. We have two in our family that have been handed down for well over 120 years! I will pass them on to my children if I ever have any... lol. I really like the OT1 tutorial, as it is canna specific, and perfect for the neophyte. Maybe soon I will post up some of my work - I have a C99 mum that's been around for over a decade using similar methods. I am in awe of PNut's work, and have much love for all the folks here. It really is a pleasure to "chat" with y'all.

phrank

Last edited:
Back