10,000 Watt Mother Room

PNutGallery

Greetings. I figured this as good a place as any to introduce myself, since I really enjoy the art of keeping mothers. Personally, keeping bonsai moms for a number of years taught me a lot about growing weed and container growing, in general. It taught me all about weed's response to pruning and shaping, how to water properly and avoid long term salt build up, etc.

All kinds 'o neat stuff.

This was a medical garden, but it was over x,xxx in plant count, located in a county that had a ban on medical grows, and lacked supporting paperwork. So, basically, it was a 100% illegal weed grow in the x,xxx range. Mildly asshole puckering in those numbers. It was supposed to be up to snuff and legit (I had a business partner that, well ...) and this was a few years ago right before the legislation regarding dispensaries in Colorado passed.

Keeping all of that in mind, I was judicious with the pics I took. Namely, not many, and, unfortunately, I can't show you a clone closet full, with x,xxx cuttings in it, 'cause I never wanted to have a pic of that available to the po-po ...

In addition to supplying my garden with clones, the new legislation required dispensaries start growing their own, versus what had been going on with most of them, which was dudes walking around with a pound of weed in a backpack, knocking on dispensary's doors. Most dispensaries were NOT started by growers, expert or otherwise, so they couldn't really supply all their own weed. But, with the legislation, there was a mad rush for clones.

Enter, well, me.

This is looking down a row of a 24 site RDWC system that was lit by 6 vertical thowies. I obviously had it top fed, a chiller, a big daddy air pump, etc. There are 24 different strains in that system, all on the same nutrient solution which starts at about 5.2, or so, runs to about 6.1 over the course of days and then is dumped and changed. Something, if you believe the 'weed forum banter', can't be done without issue, as each strain requires its own mix and I am in "like, totally the wrong pH range for weed and RDWC, dude." The exceptions were Sativa or heavy Sativa dominant hybrids, but for most Indicas and Hybrids, they are not as individually finiky as people say.

High production Bonsai Moms. PNutGallery style ...

I had just gone down this row and done a little maintenance haircut:

MothersBuckets1.jpg

Another shot, with some mothers in PPV and Homers fighting for light:

RDWC&DirtMoms.jpg

Some smaller moms in an 4x4 Ebb & Flow under a bat wing thowie, with 5 gallon PPV buckets ringed around the tray:

MothersTray.jpg

The plant you see with the three woody stems is a Bubblegum mom that is probably 7 years old in that pic and spent most of her years in a 6" pot, bonsai'ed and under a CFL. When I opened that room, I up-potted her a couple times and buried the meristem, and she grew to fit a 5 gallon pot quickly. Bonsai plants can be, after years, grown out:

MotherPPV2.jpg

That plant center top that you can just see the woody stem and bucket? Right below the vertical light bulb? Well, that just so happens to be a Super Silver Haze. Probably 7-8 years old at the time, previously bonsai'ed for years. STILL one of my all time favorites. Kudos to the breeder of that beauty. That's an AK-47 on the right, also an ex-bonsai. It and a couple others got tagged hard by fungus gnats not too long before I upped their production. Got the fungus, lost a couple major stems coming off the meristems on a couple plants (that Bubblegum used to have two more major branches, too), and it took a while for stem strength to recover on the plant:

PPVMoms&Clones1.jpg

This is just some random mother, couldn't tell you what strain as I was running 60, or so, at any one time in that room and probably had 80 different strains run through there:

MotherPPV1.jpg

Earlier on in the room, seeing how many plants I can get under one light:

PPVMoms&Clones2.jpg

A random tray of rooted clones ready to go. I usually had multiple strains per tray:

CloneTray1.jpg

Me getting some freshly rooted potted up and ready to go to another dispensary, and BubbaDog keeping an eye on things. RIP BubbaDog, RIP buddy:

CloneBubba1.jpg

A look at the closet with some clones in it:

CloneRomm1.jpg

Of course, you need power. My boot and some big ass electrical cables:

PowerMomRoom1.jpg

I'll take some 'o dat. Please and thankyou:

PowerMomRoom2.jpg

When that boot wasn't hanging out around clone trays and power cables, it was walking around ski area mountains in the summer, doing random, fun things and kicking ice off of a snowcat in the winter. Retired from all of that a few years ago and now at 42 and beat to shit with nerve damage, needing multiple back surgeries, etc., already having had multiple broken bones and surgeries. Lot's 'o crashin' going way too fast on too many things over the years ...

I'm obviously fan of the average grower keeping bonsai moms. Even if you just have a one light 400 Watt grow. You can keep half a dozen moms, your own strain bank, under a 27 watt CFL in a closet for years.

Being a Strain Chaser doesn't really pay off, these days. There are so many bullshit named strains out there, it ain't funny. Saw it with my own eyes - people taking a strain and renaming it for business purposes, to make it 'more appealing'. I guarantee you Shanti's SSH is being sold in Colorado dispensaries under another name or two, 'cause I personally put a whole bunch 'o those fuggin' awesome genes into the system a few years ago ...

But, we live in a world where names sell, most breeders are just Seeders, chuckin' pollen, chasing dollar bills, like dispensary owners, so they'll call it whatever they think their customers want to hear it called.

One other thing I want to point out, is my take on pH. All of those plants, including the mothers in peat/perlite/vermiculite (PPV), were fed the exact same nute regiment (ppms varied, but pH and proportions the same). And a fresh nutrient solution for them started at about 5.2, or so.

I know many weed forum veterans have seen this chart:

SpH.jpg

It isn't any good. The guy who made that, St0ney, was a mediocre hydro grower when he made that chart. No insult, just an objective observation of a knucklehead, me, who happened to be a member of the same site, Hemp Cultivation, that he was when he made it. He was also a mod, so we all know how that works. Every new member assumes mods are kick ass growers (whether they are or not), and people like to kiss mod's asses and lavish praise on them.

No offense, anyone. Considering the intent here was for no mods, I hope ya'll understand that I am trying to explain how that chart is incorrect, yet managed to get popular and plastered everywhere, not comment on anyone here. Incidentally and tangentially, it's not funny, but I did snicker when I read it was Japan Freak that pushed things over the edge - I've dealt with that knucklehead jackass on the weed forums over the years.

Anyway, that chart is incorrect because a bar graph does not accurately represent the process. Absorption occurs at different rates at different pH. Further, St0ney's numbers are wrong. Certainly for hydro. This is what I believe to be a much more accurate pH chart to consult:

Soil_PH_chart.jpg

One of the reasons I wanted to bring that up in this thread, is because it pertains to the maintenance of those mother in PPV. PPV is NOT soil. It is a soiless mix, for it lacks clay and sand, which affects ionic exchange. I always add more perlite, and once you do, those 5 gallon Homer buckets are nothing more than a Hand-Watered-Drain-To-Waste Hydro system. They are soiless hydro gorws, NOT soil grows.

And respond very, very well to being treated such and with the soilless pH ranges of 5.1, or so, to 6.1-2, or so. Feed low pH, as medium dries out and exchange occurs, the rootzone pH will swing, floating a range. 10-15% runoff to clean out the old, get the pH back down.

There are obviously some nutrient manufacturer selection issues (like choosing one that starts in the low 5's when mixed), but I've seen a lot of issues, over the years, for trying to treat Indoor PPV like soil. It can be pulled off, but ...

And there was not one drop of Cal/Mag, one lick of Epsom Salt, nor any pH Up or Down every used in those nutrient solutions. With the pH I run being anything but coincidental to that. It, I believe, is responsible for my not needing any of that stuff. Stuff, that when used, can actually create problems, more so than is pointed it out or discussed on the weed forums ...

So, I'm a farmer. Figured my introductory post belonged in a farmin' sub-forum. And I looove the art of mother keeping.

So, Howdy MNS Folks, how the hell all ya'll doin'?

Last edited:
Bravo you must have tons of great knowledge for us! I live out west but my brother is from Breck! You still in CO? So what was the purpose of all those mothers, were you guys just supplying clones, or did you need all those for flower rooms? Keep posting please!

Hi Pnut

Serious op there .
I agree with you re the chart . My guru told me it was pretty to look at but not the bible .

One question what is PPV for us outside Merica ?

Welcome aboard .

Bravo you must have tons of great knowledge for us! I live out west but my brother is from Breck! You still in CO? So what was the purpose of all those mothers, were you guys just supplying clones, or did you need all those for flower rooms? Keep posting please!

Born and raised in the High Country. Stuck down in the Dirty D area (Denver) right now, but soon to head back for the hills for some more elbow room. Set up a greenhouse/supplemental lighting medical grow for people with real deal medical issues (I'm an ex-skibum, snowcat operator, whitewater raft guide, bartender, bouncer, etc., so no problems with recreational use - my best work in a cat was when stoned (which was most of the time)-, just wanna grow as much digity dank as I can, and not for profit but for people to use to seek relief from real deal ailments).

I have me sum supplementally lit greenhouse RDWC plans and then perhaps large amounts of that into concentrates, like Phoenix Tears type stuff for those that are interested in pursuing that, and other stuff. Plus bud. Get a few 'patients' (I'm cringe a bit with that term as I ain't a Dr. - I'm a farmer), grow what I need on a few greenhouse RDWC trees and utilize extra plant counts to then run a real deal breeding operation with a lot of stock over the course of a few years in some specifically set up rooms.

That there is my plan. All within Colorado, the High Country, of course. Only a couple other places I could live and be content in my surroundings ...

Those mothers served both. I was moving a lot of clones/week to dispensaries for their dispensary grows, plus supplying my own veg and flower rooms. I was also asked to consult on. like, 3 IIRC, large grows and several smaller grows, so I made sure to gather any strains I saw that I wanted when in those other gardens.

It was a nuts-o, hectic scene for a while in the dispensaries popping up everywhere in Colorado - and most of them not having an f'ing clue on how to grow weed, let alone in a commercial environment.

Left it all with a pretty sour taste in my mouth, actually. I'm not a businessman, and I have never been motivated by money. Not a personality suited for that game. I'm a farmer. I'm a dude that likes to mind his own business, hang out with my doggies in the middle of nowhere and grow weed.

I dunno about tons 'o knowledge, but I have definitely screwed a few things up and learned from those mistakes ...

Last edited:
Hi Pnut

Serious op there .
I agree with you re the chart . My guru told me it was pretty to look at but not the bible .

One question what is PPV for us outside Merica ?

Welcome aboard .

That chart is my bane, lol. It is nothing personal against St0ney, but it is just both so damn wrong and plastered everywhere and referred to as The Chart. It has led many growers astray.

I miss weed forums and talking about growing. But I just haven't been able to get into it much in the last few years, I am an OverGrower and then PlanetGanja after that and starting over on anew forum lost appeal and then it has been a wave of new growers and new participants with all of the medical stuff in the last few years, made me feel homeless in the weed forum sense.

I've visited this place before, and I really like the vibe here and the conversations. Thanks for the welcome.

Plus, Shantibaba's work kicks ass, so might as well post on the forum of someone I deem to be professional in breeding and professional in approach in an other wise seedy bsuiness ...

Last edited:
Nice! I agree with you I wanted to grow weed before I knew the concept "money" so to speak. So I know I love the plant more then anything! I hear a lot of Bruce banner #... in co not much out here though. How much do you know about Scott at rare dankness and his genetics? I think he's pretty legit all regular beans like mns. Don't want to get into his strains names or anything just wanted to know what people out there thought of the guy. Peace for now :)

Mary Mary

I forgot. PPV is what I use when talking about your standard 'ol peat/perlite/vermiculite mix. Like Pro-Mix, Sunshine, etc. Incidentally, I came across that stuff in that pink bag in that pic with my good 'ol mountain dog, and really like it. The mfg. is Fafard, and that mix is 4P, with P being extra perlite, to which I always add more, to any PPV mix, as I like it airier, at which point it works for me very well as a hydro system in the rootzone. I don't know if it is available for retail, as I got it from a nursery wholesaler.

I mention that because I think it is made in Canada, and with you not being 'Merican and on a weed forum, first guess is Canada, than the U.K. So you, or anyone north of me in Canuck Land, ever comes across it and are looking to try something new, it certainly met my criteria and I really liked the consistency and overall texture of it.

That's a lot 'o words for a simple question ... guess I'm a weed geek, lol.

I hear a lot of Bruce banner #... in co not much out here though.

It's around a few of the dispensaries I know of. The problem is finding it, or any strain, really grown to a top-notch level, to really tell how good it is. I've sampled it, and it wasn't nuttin' I hadn't smoked before. I really gave up on paying attention to all of the new strains out in the last few years.

In addition to loads of the White Demon (powdery mildew) and The Borg (spider mites) that actually seemed to enjoy being doused in things like pyrethrum that came in from California when the dispensaries blew up here, I saw so many strains come in. A whole bunch 'o clone only stuff and names that were the obvious work of pollen chuckers. Seeders, not breeders.

I got soured on the breeding game as it is going on today and has been for a few years, saw too many instances of names being changed or just flat-out made up. People calling themselves breeders that are anything but, and engaged in anything but a real breeding operation. There are some quality breeders today, but I think they are few and far between.

I would say that most people in the seed business are simply in it for the cash. You can make some bank on seeds. You can get a lot of money throwing seeds out of 4000 watts worth of lighting. Reservoir Seeds was a great example of all of this - not that I wish him ill, or anyone to deal with the po-po for growing weed, but he is an example of what is wrong with the current status of the 'breeding' industry.

A bunch 'o smoke and mirrors and flat out bullshit on a lot of stuff.

And I don't think selling seeds for money is a bad thing. I think being a mediocre grower, not practicing true breeding, creating a bazillion crosses, calling oneself a breeder, and doing all of that for the sole purpose of making as much money as possible from growing a few weed plants is a bad thing.

And I think that most of the 'breeders' today fall in the latter category.

It doesn't just matter what strain it is - what really matters, first and foremost, is how it is grown. Then, if that is equal, what the strain is comes next. It's true if you think about it. Suppose Strain A is your favorite. But suppose you are given the choice of Strain A out of a mediocre garden, or Strain B, itself pretty damn good, grown by a top-notch grower, really pushing maximum genetic expression for potency, aromas, etc. I think most will choose Strain B, even if Strain A is their favorite, because it will be smoother and stonier and of an overall higher quality.

And if it was a blind test, where you didn't know the strain names, you would judge B better than A, not because of the genes, but of how it was grown. I always try to keep that in mind when I see fad strains. What's it being compared to? A great set of genes, like Strain A, but was grown like crap? Who knows.

This name stuff and pollen chuckin' is way out of control, IMO. I don't support it, and I am done with clone only strains, too. If it isn't well bred and available in seed form, I'm over it. Just a personal choice.

How much do you know about Scott at rare dankness and his genetics? I think he's pretty legit all regular beans like mns. Don't want to get into his strains names or anything just wanted to know what people out there thought of the guy. Peace for now :)

I've returned to my hermit nature, and am not really rubbing elbows with anyone in the industry at the moment. I can't speak first hand about his stuff, as I haven't grown any of it. And I cannot speak of him as a person or how he does business, 'cause I don't know any of that.

But, since you said 'legit ... like MNS', I would offer this analysis and opinion, based upon what anyone can see on his website. He started in 2010 and is offering around 75 strains, it seems.

This dude has bred out 75 stable strains in 4 years, huh? Where as Shantibaba has only managed barely more than half that number in decades. That tells you a little something about how well bred his seeds are. Or aren't.

Add to that his philosophy:

Our work is not meant to replicate the "mothers", but to compliment the genetics by breeding with superior males.

Maybe it is just me, but I dunno what the hell that means for his breeding objectives. Maybe that is his 'cover' for a lack of consistency in seed? I dunno, just speculating ...

On top of that, if you look at a lot of those pics, the guy could use a little help in the nutrient area. Some of those plants aren't just a little zapped, but pretty overnuted, probably with some type of bud swell product, using too much to try to make his stuff look good for the camera.

(EDIT): Add to that I wouldn't be surprised if a little Photoshop was used to 'frosty up da beeotches', make 'em look like they are the most swollen trich loaded buds around. Not saying he did, just wouldn't be surprised to find out after looking at a few of the pics, like this one of his AfghanAbusive - not a real natural looking contrast ... :

AfghanAbusive_bigthumb.jpg

Based on all of that, and my experience, I would say he and MNS aren't in the same league when it comes to actual, real breeding.

The guy you are talking about looks to me like a pollen chuckin' seeder. I don't know and am not asserting it as fact, but that is the overall impression I have at this point.

And me personally, I wouldn't buy from him, just because I am so over all of that pollen chunkin', 'creating' 75 strains in 4 years, without ever being a good grower. You can find a lot of growing mistakes in many 'breeders' gardens. That, before anything else, will prevent me from buying seeds from someone. How the hell can you actually know the genetics you are breeding when you can't grow them yourself without burning the shit out of them and stressing them? You can't ...

But, you can probably find people that have grown his stuff and will speak well of it. You then have to determine what kind of grower that info is coming from ...

There are actually some older Colorado strains. Who the hell really knows, but there is one take that has the Chemdawg/Diesel stuff coming out of Colorado, originally. That those seeds came out of stuff called PBud grown in SW Colorado in the Durango area. OG has been tied up in it, too.

We don't have the outdoor growing environment, overall, so Colorado has been way outshadowed for supply by the Emerald Triangle, but there has been really good weed in Colorado for a while. It was over a decade ago when I read it, but the major Denver newspaper carried a little story that named Colorado as the state with the highest population, per capita, of adult pot smokers. Colorado has always been filled with stoners and has always been tolerant of weed. Lot 'o weed in the mountains ...

Hell, the first dude arrested on the 193-whatever year- Tax Stamp Act was in Colorado.

That's the best I can answer that question, although I really didn't and it was a long as hell answer ...

Last edited:
4 years ago is when he started his seed company not breeding I'd guess. He uses 1 male for most of his crosses. Plus this guy has shown on forums doing over 100 light grows with this kind of space, you can speed up nature pretty quick. So I wouldn't jump to a bunch of conclusions just yet.

Also most breeder pictures are of test growers pictures. Shanti does this.

Yea, I am definitely jaded on it all and jump to conclusions on it easily. Concerning the test grow stuff, I know it rolls that way, but multiple pics of different strains are showing the same over nuting, to the same extent. Some of those pics are his ...

And while test grow pics are definitely a norm, I would bet guys like Shanti and a few others have actually grown out more individual plants from the strains they breed. I just don't think that 4 years is enough time to actually breed 75 strains - and know how they grow out, what they are capable of, etc. Like really know.

If this guy is donkin' pollen from one male on basically any strain that comes his way with a good name, like Kush, OG, Trainwreck, etc., well, I will stand by my 'dude is probably a pollen chuckin' seeder' assessment. He appears, at this point to me, to be a Seeder, not a Breeder.

I, personally, don't see how 75 random strains out of one male can be called a real breeding operation. Just my opinion, which you, or anyone else is free to have another take on without my panties gettin' all bunched up. He doesn't seem to have any real breeding objectives for selection purposes, just 'what catchy named strain can I cross my male to'.

I want to iterate that I am jaded overall on a lot of this, lol, and I am not trying to dissuade you from trying his stuff. After all, that is one of the only real ways to know - to get some of his beans and grow them out. I was just doin' the forum thang - one person asks another their opinion and that person gives it, usually not holding back much on da net.

You're going to have to get some of his beans and let us know how they grow. Me? Well, there are a couple more things from Shanti I want to try, based upon growning his stuff in the past, that I haven't yet grown. His stuff has actually near the top of my list for next seed purchase for a bit.

And I also feel that some of Shanti's stuff has a place in breeding programs, that they are a more refined, stabilized strain.

I'm just a random knucklehead that hasn't grown any of his stuff, so take my opinion on his operation with a grain of salt, of course. I am making surface judgements, to be sure, but judgements based off my experiences.

Git 'er done, weezy. Get some of his beans and let us know how they grow. Everything else is just internet banter, including anything I say about it all.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at his large grows, if you have a link handy ...

I want to emphasize, in case any of that came off wrong, that all of those opinions are based off of seeing some of the underside of the industry. I made a decision a couple years ago about what direction I would go with weed.

Breeding is ultimately my only real home in any 'commercial' aspect of weed farming. But, a breeding op ain't a small chunk to bite off in a lot of ways, including time. When I think about the kind of four year benchmarks I would want to achieve in the project, I think about things like having 4-6 well bred strains completed, having drawn from a pool that certainly included more than one male, and included plant numbers in the thousands for the number actually grown out in that time to achieve those few strains. And also utilizing the various lab testing procedures becoming more available in med states at points in the process.

So, I just have, by nature, a very different take on what breeding is, the direction it should go, etc.

And a lot of people dig this kind of stuff this guy and others are doing, clone only stuff, etc. I mentioned Reservoir Seeds as being an example of what I think wrong in the industry, but lot's of people paid big bucks and crashed servers with his seed drops and were sad to see him go.

To each their own.

I really don't want to come across as telling you I think it stupid to try his stuff, or anything like, that. A good lookin' man and a good lookin' lady will probably have a good lookin' kid, so you may try his stuff and really enjoy it and find a keeper you'll grow for years.

I've become one of those 'snooty weed elitists' in my grumpy 40's, lol. So, that's where my opinions come from. Sounds like your bro in Breck needs to scrounge up some of that dude's seeds for ya. Incidentally, I threw out a lot of Super Silver Haze into the Summit County (county Breckenridge is in) dispensary system in finished bud form a few years ago. That, some old Colorado Sour D and a Colorado AfghaniXBubblegum plant I had for years, I couldn't grow enough of for them.

I was running a 4000 Watt sealed and CO2'ed flower room, fed by about 1500 Watts in veg, out of my house, living at 10,000', that was setup before that big warehouse op with the mother room I showed. I would harvest a 4X4 E&F tray under a thowie every two weeks, or so, and could get 4-5 lbs./month pretty easily.

Last edited:
Your fine don't trip, I know the feeling of being mislead in this world weed/seed game or life in general. I am very fond of the of bag appeal and flavour of OG. Also I enjoy the bud structure and caylax (wrong spelling) size. Now I know alot of people will say oh it's not true breeding and such which is correct. But I proper breeding and stable genetics are awesome, but for this one strain I enjoy it didn't matter how I have to find it I just want to find the pheno that suits me best. Also I don't plan to ever release seeds or start any kind of seed company. But when it comes to all the other types of weed skunk, haze, Afghan I prefer to go with stable genetics from people like mns. So enough on all that. Let's get back to you and your garden :)

Welcome to the board and looking forward to reading your posts. I'm not a big poster but I do like to read a lot and I do like this board since most of the posters are experienced growers unlike most of the other boards are. I tire greatly scanning through threads by newbies who act as though they don't even know what dirt is. Those threads are tiring. I enjoy the pics from experienced older posters like one guy named doublejj.

Personally I'm not an experienced inside grower but have been doing so for several years but really just use my inside rooms toget read for my gorilla grows. I have a greenhouse with around 150 plants in it right now and more plants here and their. But one thing I would like to comment on is breeding. I have purchased around 150 or more different strains that are in my fridge. I have done my own breedings as well and it has taken me years to dial in a plant to see what she will do under various circumstances.
I have a few MNS crosses with some old school Sativas that seem to be an interesting smoke. But I do understand you saying about having 70 strains in just 4 years time unless they had been working with them for many years prior and have a team of people working for them in greenhouses and warehouses.

I have thought about doing a 5 gallon bucket system in my greenhouse using just perlite as my medium and flowering outside in the sun. It seems to me that outside ganja is just better. Could be that I don't know what I'm doing on the inside or maybe growing in good soil taste better or maybe the sun adds to it? I have a relative that grows and I'll take a cutting off a plant the same time he does and mine will yield 3x or more and taste much much better. But I could be biased lol.

I am still embarrassed by how much the demise of OverGrow affected me. Truth be told, I still miss it.

Mid 40s hermit myself. As such, we have come to many of the same conclusions. I was involved in the "backpack a 1000g in the backdoor" days of the Cali scene. I was also involved in black market 10lb interstate sales arranged through the same clubs.

Actually refreshing to see someone mention environment. In my opinion, the only skill in growing is creating/maintaining an environment in correct ranges, and in handling/drying the finished flower. The plants grow the buds; that's what they do.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in to say I just read this thread from the beginning. Hopefully it gives you peace to know you are heard and that its not just you.

I'm liking this thread. You've come to the right place. Sensibility is appreciated here! You'll find a lot of like minded people who are fed up with bs & stupidity! :)

Use coco and CFL or T5 lights .

Coco allows for more roots to medium ratio before root binding . CFL and T5 / PLL have the blue spectrum to keep nodes tight and run cool so can be close to plant tops for less stretch .

On compact mother plants...

BullDogDad-

I always thought that the bonsai mothers method developed by OT1 was a really good system for holding mums for a long time. Check it out here.

Just trying to help,

phrank monklin

Last edited:
Pnut, I have to say, I read your thread again & want to add its not just that pH chart thing that's full of shit, but over half of what the nute/soil companies shove down your throat. I came from many generations of dirt farmers from the Appalachian mountains. My daddy taught me to bud & graft fruit trees as a child. He did this when I was young because I could always grow anything. I acquired a bs in hort, early 70s & let me tell you, they taught a lot of bs. Worked in commercial nurseries/greenhouses (among anything else that caught my interest, like the dog show industry) & made most of my mistakes (that I learned from) on everything else before I had the chance to mutilate & murder the poor innocent cannabis plant. My biggest mistake with cannabis..... ah ha! Following the manufacturers recommended dosage of their nutes! Fox Farms ocean forest + their nutes at recommended strength= burnt plants! Don't get me wrong, that some of my fav (after pro-mix organic), but most companies selling nutes over do it. I'm 60 & have been growing mj for over 40 yrs. I'm pretty much a hermit & a jaded cynic myself. I don't post pics for the popo to use against me either, should that ever arise. Most of the members here are old growers from way back. I've said this before, here it is again.... you're in the right place with like minded people. We've all seen the hype & bs & are tired of it. My days of mass production are over with. I grow what I like, & may chuck a little pollen to make a cross here & there just because I feels like it would make something good, or sometime the cross was a necessity due to only getting one sex from a strain I like. Those who sell such seeds as a strain aren't breeders. Your right. It takes generations to stabilize an IBL. You're as likely to get something you like from bag seed. At least you've tried it & liked it. Could have been pollenated accidently by a strain other than the mother, who knows. But it will probably be as good or better than seeds from a fly by night. If you want to buy seeds for your breeding, buy from Shanti. You know his gear is stable & suitable for breeding. BTW.... anybody who's ever worked 'em will tell you, GREENHOUSES ROCK! :)
- Keep posting man, love what you're saying! Lost of wives tales need busting. I will mention 2 that are spot on though, willow water (& aspirin water, samething), salycilac acid (spelling) & grandmas old trick of using water house plants were rooted in as a rooting stimulant for both seeds & cuttings/sorry, clones. There's natural rooting hormones in that water produced by the rooting cut.
- Have a great grow. Looking forward to your next post! :)

Back