Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Super Silver Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 04:13 AM

SSH13;

SSH14;

SSH15;

SSH16;
Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 AM

I've been feeding very light amounts for the past week since transplanting into the 1 gal pots, using Canna's Bio-Vega, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, Botanicare's Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, and Thrive Alive B1.
Next week they'll be placed into the HomeBox XL where I plan to flower them eventually, depending how many females there are, I can fit 9 nicely under 1K HPS. If more, I can fit them into the main room, time will tell the sex of these magic seed/seedlings!
Here's a shot of them in the pantry, it's getting a bit crowded in there, but they'll have to stay another week, I can always pull them apart if they get too tight.
Sorry about no updates in awhile, once in the tent they'll be easier to access for photos so i'll strive to keep you updated on a more regular basis, cheers.

Last edited by Medicine Man; 11-19-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 AM
SativaFan

Those are looking really nice mate!! I have to learn to use that word. I love seeing nice healthy plants.

I loved my SSH plants. Hang on when you put them in flower. They'll stretch 3-4X. Looking at yours, I'm thinking they could go to 4-5 feet pretty quick.

Are you going to top them once more before flowering?

What size pot for final flowering?

Looking very nice. Well done.

SativaFan
Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 AM

Thanks SativaFan for the stretch tip, I'll keep it in mind and will prolly have to begin bloom sooner than anticipated. (which is alright by me )
I'll top them one more time in a week after transplanting to keep them as bushy as possible. I'm gonna prolly go with 3.5 gal. pots to finish in.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM

Wow, I'm surprised nobody else has replied.
I would'nt bother now with updates in future, but i feel I owe it to Shantibaba to complete this, and I will.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:18 PM
barletta

Don't worry, MM. I've seen your grows, you know what you are doing. People will start to show up along with the crystals - during flower.

Well grown (and photographed, lol) SSH = a happenin thread.

Keep doing the updates, dood.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM

Smile

never grown them and prob wouldnt ever(im an indica man) so i cant comment.
nice n healthy looking plants though
good luck with the grow
and good on you m8.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:23 AM
SativaFan

Hey don't give up here. You have a great looking grow going.

I finish mine in 11L pots. same as 3.5 gallon essentially.

I'm betting yours get around 4-5 feet tall if they are like 16-18" when flipped to 12/12. Some phenos won't get over 4ft. I had a couple like that. The sativa/haze leaners will grow like a m'fer though. Under 1000W I bet they'll grow 2-3"+ a day the first few weks of stretch. Mine grew 2"/day under a single 400W. That tapers off after about 2-3 weeks.

I used those green 4 foot bamboo stakes to LST the taller plantsI bent the major branches in an "S" shape sorta. Lotta different ways to do it depending on what style of grow and how much room you have.

SSH is a great strain IMO. Go easy on nutes till you see they really need it. SSH is quite an efficient feeder IME.

I bet Barletta has some ideas too.

SativaFan
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 AM
barletta

I get ideas, but then I ferget em before I can manage to coax the proxy here. Then my posts read like: "17 XYZ vegging ok, 3 look shitty, Superspices look great, smoking some ABC right now..."

I'm interested to see this grow, cause I know MedMan likes to juice his plants. I'm thinkin that with 3.5gal pots, and ALL the goodies, you should have some monsters. IME, the SSH's feed heavier than they look/smell. The other Sativa dom's I've run (G/Sk, pakalolo, mmg, sweethaze, s.cough) seemed to react MUCH more quickly to a heavy nute feed than the SSH. SSH has been relatively thirsty as a seedplant, with the clones drinking relative to the cuts' 'vigor' (lil, quick cut sips; big, hazy cut chugs...)

I found the SSH's to be pretty simple for me. I had great success topdressing and letting them go bone dry every 2-3 watering cycles. Kelp sprays just after lights off never hurt nobody. Best tasting SSH seems relative to amount of castings that I add during flower???

GoMedManGo

Last edited by barletta; 11-21-2008 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Did you know that GALLON is almost 4 LITERS??? :P
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM

I feed my plants lightly, just finished a run using AN's Connoisseur V 2.0 and used just 100mL's of A&B each, for the entire bloom phase for 25 plants in 1.5 liter containers. (began @ .5mL's per liter, peaking @ 1mL per liter, half of what AN recommends) I'm very pleased with the results but the remainder of the Part A seperated

I'll be using Canna's Bio-Flores as a base for bloom with these SSH.

Last edited by Medicine Man; 11-21-2008 at 11:17 AM.