Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Project Z

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2016, 12:33 PM

Default z8 x ah hamper style

Picked up these in a 2015 hamper auction. I assume these are stock from 2013 when the accidental z8xah cross occurred. 9/11 germed and looking very robust. Thick leaves, lush growth, fast growers. Moving them to flower room in a week or so.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:19 PM

Nice Bro, let me get a front row seed on that one.

I have a few people who aren't too familiar with Canna and was thinking I might grow the Z8xAH for them to get them used to it without sending them on too much of a trip the first few experiences they have with Canna.

So very curious to find out if they are indeed high CBD not too high THC or if I just have to get that Therapy from somewhere

Stay frosty Bro and good luck with this!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM

Looking Afghan dom as you would expect w/ doubled up afghan males. These need to go into flower room asap once room is made. Yeah, no idea about cbd but other reports seem to indicate this one may lack cbd dom traits, who knows. I suspect the end result will be strong weed regardless.

Last edited by sysadmin; 11-30-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:19 PM

In the flowering room about a week+, looks like 5 females, 2 males, 2 likely males. Two basic phenos showing one shorter and squat, the other quite large (applies to both males/females). Otherwise they look like what I would expect from af x sk x hz mix with heavier af/sk dominance. A bit crowded but should free up space within next 1-4 weeks as shit and nsk are harvested.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Thanks for these posts sysadmin! I'm excited to see what'll happen. I'm thinking about adding these to my xmas list!
Old 12-27-2016, 03:32 PM

Pretty interesting mix so far, one tall monster setting up, the others seems pretty sat/skunk dom based on the leaves. Bushlike and very hardy I can see how outside these would probably do well in most settings, flowering looks to be on a roughly 9-12 week cycle from seed.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:56 PM

A very interesting mix, the z8 with the AH male seems to throw some variation for sure. So far you can see the 1)skunk/afg influence 2) haze influence. Three plants look like skunk variants with some darker bluish sativa leaves, one looks hazy with a light green very sativa leaf (and slow flowerer) and one huge bush that looks like it could be the like the burning bush of the OT. Huge plant! I threw some MHI pollen on the very hazy and the beast, the pollen has been sitting for about 6 weeks so may not do anything, but what the hell huh?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Default 7 weeks flower

z8ah appears to be on track for 10+- week flower from seed. I had expected a bit more afghani plants but the general appearance it one of robust af/sk crosses with a touch of haze.

this one has a sk1 look, in fact you can see that sk1 sativa type leaf in many of these plants.

this one is the haziest of the bunch, very thin sativa leaf and not a big yielder but looking like hard sparse nuggests ala old school mexican or maybe a af/hz cross

another shot of #1 above

this one if the most indus leaning, looking pretty af/sk with heavy resin production already

this one is the beast of the group, a huge plant with large chunky buds forming.

Overall these plants are very robust, hard to go wrong with this strain it seems. Outdoors I could see vg production from two of these. From clone probably a 8-10 week strain depending on pheno. I expect another 3-4 weeks to finish.

Last edited by sysadmin; 01-20-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Default 66 day flower

A very interesting/fun strain to grow and diverse for sure. I probably would not have picked this strain by itself but as it turns out a great mystery grow. At about day 66 and all look to be ready in next 2-14 days. From a small low yielding sativa runt to possibly the chunkiest hybrid I have grown in years/ever!. Will get some pictures up as the harvest sets in. Can already recommend z8 x ah even without harvest/smoke reports. From indy to sat dom expression and very robust nice job to resin/mns on this one.

"the beast", looks like it sprang from the devil pack then added some haze! Large chunky buds, very heavy yielder and needs support. Enough hybrid to give the buds a more sativa look (airy vs afghan leafy).

and indy dom, very resinous and fastest one

a sat dom leaning towards the sk/hz side,probably the slowest on track for 11 weeks

Last edited by sysadmin; 02-06-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:41 PM

harvested the indy dom today, at approx 70 days. Hashy, sticky, hint of baby shit (for those lucky enough to sling diapers). Tossed a cutting at 8 weeks in some water and it has thrown rootlets, may re-run again. Outside should finish early but possible mold due to heavy compact flowers.