Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > NL5 x Afghan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2019, 02:06 AM

hot stuff!

from Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Fire....

Many things are said to be passed on. Sleepiness can be passed on, and yawning can be passed on. Time can be passed on also.
In large-scale strategy, when the enemy is agitated and shows an inclination to rush, do not mind in the least. Make a show of complete calmness, and the enemy will be taken by this and will become relaxed. When you see that this spirit has been passed on, you can bring about the enemy's defeat by attacking strongly with a Void spirit.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 AM

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

@Reason thanks for the love braddah!
@CannaFish appreciate your depth braddah!
8522s.jpg

The NL5/Afghan is trimmed and now beginning cure. Random sampling confirms most to be effective in pain management and stress reduction. In fact, a small popcorn bud of #7 at 11am this morning put me out until a little after 2pm today lol. I am pleased with this crop. Some low yielding plants while others were over 3 oz! Found 3 seeds in the batch which is acceptable to me. I will run #6, 7, 8, and #10 again before making another round of cuts. The others will be discarded. This will make great medicine!
The ACDC/Ortega also turned out well. Yield was modest around 2 oz/plant. FYI- they were in smaller 3 gallon pots. This too will be cooked up. #1 will be discarded this round leaving #2, 3. I will continue to explore this cross with several plants currently outdoors to see how they fare in that environment. Hey CannaFish what are we gonna call her? And then there is the "found her among the camellia trees on Toshima Island after she was lost 30 years ago" story we gotta make up har har!

weight.jpg
Weigh in

medicine.jpg
Medicine- NL5/Afghan and ACDC/Ortega

acdc ort 3.jpg
ACDC/Ortega #3

Shaka
Mu

Last edited by musashi; 06-20-2019 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM

Hahaha! I was thinking Night Nurse (RIP Cool Ruler) if it was narco and quenched Jah's thirst

I think AC/DC and Ortega have enough stories behind them already.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:04 PM

Indica dominant is not my thing, but this stuff might change my mind.

Superlative my friend.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM

Really nice grow, Musashi. Beautiful flowers. On to The Doors! I dig the old-school HP calculator too! Long live RPN!
Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 PM

30 years ago AC/DC released a song called Moneytalks. Back in Black would be a good name but misleading, as album was made 40years ago......
Old 06-21-2019, 09:01 PM

What's your favourite MNS indica dom that you've grown so far Musashi ?
Old 06-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Aloha CF, PMB, Marcus and GS thanks for the love braddahs!

Hey braddah Dkeppel! Now that‘s a great question that has me wrestling with how to answer it. So far out of the MNS catalogue, I have grown:

Critical Mass
Master Kaze
Master Kush Skunk
Medicine Man
NL5/Afghan
Nordle
Ortega

For ease of grow I like Medicine Man, Nordle, Ortega.
For yield I like Critical Mass, Medicine Man, Master Kush.
For aroma I like Critical Mass, Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For flavor I like Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan
For after work I like Master Kush, Master Kaze.
For sleepy time I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For straight up medicine I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.

For various reasons, I like ‘em all but right now I am discovering NL5/Afghan. My second grow; smoked half a joint of #8 last night at 9pm, woke up at 1am, TV and lights still on, doors wide open. This is serious knock out shit.
Critical Mass is very appealing for yield just have to watch the mold on those big buds. Master Kaze offers a variety of phenotypes and Master Kush is an all time favorite for many years now. Yummy stuff.

But if I had to pick one “Indica” it would probably be Medicine Man for ease of grow, yield, effect. It is excellent medicine.
mm#2 6.jpgmm#5 6.jpg
Medicine Man

I am interested in what others think; their experience with these MNS plants and look forward to their feedback.

Good hunting braddah.

Shaka
Mu

Last edited by musashi; 06-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:32 PM

Phew, sounds like lots of good stuff, would you say the NL5XAfghan is great if your focus is good flavour and pain relief / sleep aid? What is its flavour like ?

I mostly smoke sativa but it's not helping me sleep, I've been put off indicas a bit by werid flavours and hangovers in the past but I had some recently that's changed my mind.

Last edited by Dkeppel; 06-23-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:23 PM

So many on this site with more experience with aforementioned MNS indicas- wish they would comment.

You are right brah, lots of good stuff!

For me, it depends on the individual plant. Some are earthy and hash, others more fuel, pinene. Difficult to puzzle out as chances are that you may perceive/observe differently than me. Weird flavors for you might be very pleasant to me, e.g. my father would routinely consume thai peppers while my taste buds can’t tolerate spice.

They all have pain relief in varying degrees; somewhat dose dependent. They all have good flavors depending on selection.

IME, the best way to minimize taste objections or more importantly get sleep and pain relief is to derive oil from the plant. Capsule it up according to your chosen dose. Take it one hour before bedtime. Simple and easy and just about any of these strains will do if you bring them down to their essence, i.e. oil. /my 2 cents

So are you the intrepid adventurer or the instant gratification guy? Are you willing to discover through your own selection? Right now NL5/Afghan, Master Kaze, Medicine Man are at auction for €12, Ortega for €21.

Best way to find out is through personal experience but most will agree, you won’t go wrong making an oil out of Ortega, Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan for pain relief and/or sleep.

Shaka
Mu