Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Charmilles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The backwash of Fennerio
Posts: 583
Default

[QUOTE=HHHG;168295]Harvest day 91 (13 weeks flowering)


Hello HHHG,
I really like the shape of this plant. It's classic Japanese Bonsai.
I've always had the Neville's Hz on my radar,maybe next year.
As far as photos, I shoot an Olympus E-30. I use a macro lens for my close shots(camera close to subject). These usually have shallow depth of field do to being so close. To stop it down ,for more depth of focus adds to the shutter speed. This makes it hard to hand hold. I use a tripod if I want best results.
If I want a full plant or entire cola in focus,I go back about 7 feet on my tripod with my telephoto and long exposure with manual flash fill.
I have live view on my camera so I can compose and focus manually on the screen.
On critical work I delay the shutter and use a remote release so I don't bump the camera setup!
Canons and Olympus can do the same things but the controls are slightly different so I can't be specific as to your Canon settings. I encourage experimenting at all levels.
Keep up the great work HHHG,
Peace and regards,
Charmilles
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,094
Default

Looking very nice HHHG.

I prefer your lst'd plants as opposed to your single colas.

GM1
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmilles View Post
Hello HHHG,
I really like the shape of this plant. It's classic Japanese Bonsai.
I've always had the Neville's Hz on my radar,maybe next year.
As far as photos, I shoot an Olympus E-30. I use a macro lens for my close shots(camera close to subject). These usually have shallow depth of field do to being so close. To stop it down ,for more depth of focus adds to the shutter speed. This makes it hard to hand hold. I use a tripod if I want best results.
If I want a full plant or entire cola in focus,I go back about 7 feet on my tripod with my telephoto and long exposure with manual flash fill.
I have live view on my camera so I can compose and focus manually on the screen.
On critical work I delay the shutter and use a remote release so I don't bump the camera setup!
Canons and Olympus can do the same things but the controls are slightly different so I can't be specific as to your Canon settings. I encourage experimenting at all levels.
Keep up the great work HHHG,
Peace and regards,
Charmilles
Thanks Charmilles. Two things I need to learn are how to use my camera without full auto, and how to speak Spanish. I've always wanted a zoom lens, but that much money could buy a nice LED panel
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
Looking very nice HHHG.

I prefer your lst'd plants as opposed to your single colas.

GM1
Thanks GM. The single cola mini was just an experiment to see how short I could grow NH. The height is a good quality, especially if I ever use the mini girl to make a new hybrid. Plus the high, strength and scent are great so it's all good.

Also, that mini was grown under the 126w panel. The newer single cola plants flowering under the 205w panel seem to be producing at least twice as much as the 126w.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,960
Smile Buds from the latest mini NH harvest...



Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:26 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,960
Smile Little Big Haze

mini NH vegged for a couple months and switched to 12/12 LED today




Last edited by HHHG; 10-27-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 322
Default

lookin great! is this the thai dominant or the one with nl5 structure?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-27-2013, 05:47 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by multistrain_gardener View Post
lookin great! is this the thai dominant or the one with nl5 structure?
NL5. I don't have the Thai anymore
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-27-2013, 05:50 AM
arpege's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sugar Mountain
Posts: 1,298
Default

I love this thread. So much info for the micro grower yet again haze grower.Standing 0.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL