Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:00 PM

Default Differences in chop times...

I always hear seasoned NevHaze growers suggest allowing the plant to amber up at least 40-60% before chopping.

I also hear that the ambering doesn't happen until about a week after all the pistals have turned red/brown,

Supposedly this settles the high a bit and takes away edginess and also adds to flavor, smell, yield, and potency. I hear with the hazes the high gets better with ripening whereas with indicas the high degrades and actually changes to couch lock.

My question to you all is .... what is to be expected of a NH picked with no amber, 80% cloudy and maybe 20% clear. Will it be any good?

Also on a side note, I imagine the more NL5 leaning phenos are less important to let ripen than the hazy leaning ones ... to a degree.

I'm just curious about the ripening aspect though and the difference between a NH picked all cloudy and one picked cloudy and amber.

thanks all!

Last edited by Puday; 12-05-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 PM

I chopped when about 80 percent were milky, your in for a real treat thats all I can say. I wish I was about to chop some Nevilles Haze lucky bastard lol
Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesefucker View Post
I chopped when about 80 percent were milky, your in for a real treat thats all I can say. I wish I was about to chop some Nevilles Haze lucky bastard lol
your response is appreciated cheese, thanks! Much obliged. Incidentally, did you have any amber or none at all? Seems like you were pleased so that's good.

any other opinions? Don't be shy, sharing is caring

thanks again Cheese ... cheers!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:28 PM

No probs mate I had no amber trichomes what so ever. In my opinion its a bastard of a strain to grow if you a bit of an amateur which I was at the time I think I chopped at about 13 weeks. But seriously mate the high was like nothing iv had before. When your used to buying crappy UK street weed and you smoke a 75 percent sativa for the first time its something you dont forget lol. Its probably the only strain iv tried so far that has truly lived up to the hype. Just when you think you smoked to much the indica side of the plant kicks in and levels things out beautifully. God I wish I had some haze lol
Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 PM

I understand your sentiment completely.

Let me ask you this ... did you find it too racy or paranoia or was it pleasurable?

sorry to be such a nag lol
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 PM

Nah you eant nagging mate I love talking haze lol. I did find it very racey to start with yeah almost to so. I stupidly vaped some before I started a class I had at college once, during the lesson my heart was pounding so loudly it felt as though they could here it from the other side of the classroom lol I only liked vaping Nevs Haze when I was at home or somewhere I felt safe. Maybe it was because I chopped before the trichomes turned amber im not sure. Perhaps if you left it to when the trichomes turned more amber you would get more of the Northern Lights 5 side of things come out.

If you got time have a look at L33 thread where he grows Nevs Haze. He posted a picture once of a Nevilles Haze bud he just grown and Neville said that it looked perfect just how a Nevilles haze bud should look if I knew how to post links I get it for you. L33 is also a great photographer. Well worth a look if you have time. If your in the right setting it really is wonderful bud, but I must admit I would treat it with respect.

Last edited by cheesefucker; 12-05-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Just one quick thing I do suffer from anxiety so that might be why I found it a bit to racey to start with just thought I add that.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 PM

lol too funny yeah I'm pretty sure that's why they say to let them go amber. Haze is naturally racy. I really appreciate you being so candid and sharing.

Amber is the way to go ...
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM

and yes I have read L33t's thread, it was great!