Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:34 PM

Default Mr.Nice Neville'sHaze

Hi all

Here are 2 Neville's Haze plants I am growing along with my Mango Haze. One is a male and I also got a female.

The male seems more sativa looking than the female and is about to be moved to another room for me to keep growing under cfls until I collect some pollen.I will also try to take a cut root it under 18/6 and send the pollen to a sativa lover friend to test the progeny and if the results are good the cut is going to stay in the garden for future projects.

The female showed sex yesterday and I am going to take the top cut and also send my friend a clone to keep these genetics as a backup till some smoke samples are tested.

They seem healthy I am going to transplant the plants into new pots so they start growing faster as the 1L pots seem to be limiting the growth at the moment.

The male showed sex around 28 days from seed under 11.5/12.5 light regime, quite faster than I expected.

Here are some pics:

NH female on the left , male on the right

Pics from the NH male:

NH male:

Last edited by L33t; 03-14-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:34 PM

More pics from the male.

Last edited by L33t; 03-05-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:35 PM

and the NH female:

Growing medium is : 1/3Canna Coco , 1/3 Biobizz 'All-Mix' soil and 1/3 perlite and I started them plants in these 1 L pots with this soil mix and used some pure perlite at the bottom layer of the soil in the pots (an inch of pure perlite). These plants are under 600w but were always at the corner of the growroom and the feeding was minimal. Nutes being used are: BioBizz:Grow/Bloom/Topmax/FishMix/Heaven and EarthJuice Catalyst , all in very small doses, and have been receiving bottled water of ph ~7.

Last edited by L33t; 02-22-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Hi L33t,
they're both looking good man, hopefully the pollen from the male pollen turns out great for you and your mate, i can't wait till these are back in stock , definately gonna grab a couple of packs when they are, peace, Herb
Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Hi herb . Thanks man

Lets hope that male can pass the 'NH high' we all love to its progeny.

I cant wait to see some fresh NH stock too. I will devote the whole groowroom to run a good selection from 3-4packs of this legendary strain when it comes out again , and I will also get some packs for backup. Lets hope shanti makes some new NH seeds this year, he said if all things go well for him he may make some fresh stock soon. He also mentioned he is working on a new haze line this year so I have to say it is exiting times.

I would also like to try the AFxHaze and NHxMH too , I am sure there is something special to be found in those lines and would also like to re-run SSH . And of course LaNina to find some special Hazy/sativa phenos cause I was impressed with her high , smell and taste when I grew her last year...Damn..I want them all! A garden full of selected mns haze hybrids! So much will .. so little time and space!

Last edited by L33t; 02-22-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM

hi l33t,

You got the NH by clone right? Because there are no seeds availble at the moment by mrnice. I am also waiting for these to come out and I will order it together with SSH. The thing is that too many ppl are waiting for it so I am afraid that I could not get a package.

if you want to grow test the f2 think of my name because maybe the original NH will go for a long run.

Jo

Last edited by joaquin386; 02-22-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Hey joaquin386,

No they are from seed actually, they are from old f1 NH stock , made in early 90's.

Yes many people are also waiting for fresh NH stock lets hope Shanti makes some in the not so distant future , I 'd love to grab few packs too for a large female number selection as soon as they come out.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM

Hey there L33t

Those plants look real lush there, hats off to ya.

Just wondered how long the fem took to show sex?

I've just finished off 2 fems from a pack that I believe was from Shanti's last batch of Nevs. One took 6 weeks to show the other took 7 weeks, they were put into 12/12 straight after germination.

Nice work L33t can't wait to see those babies in a few weeks.

WVM
Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 PM

This is a strain you dont see enough grows of. Looking great L33t, but from what I've seen around the site, most of your shots do. Hope shanti gets more of these on the go soon, bit of a sativa lover myself. Again, great stuff.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Hi all

Bigbuddy,

Thanks man , I cant wait to sample the female , seems a very nice plant so far. I put it in 24/0 lighting to get some veg growth in order to take some clones and flower the clones instead of the seedplant. Seems this girl will keep me busy for the summer.

Whitevanman,

Well the female took around 6 weeks from seed to show sex and the male around 4weeks. They were growing very slowly the first 2-3 weeks , seems the plant had little vigor due to the seed being quite old but they have started to grow very fast now and both have alternative branching from early on. I believe if you grow it under 10/14 from the beginning you might manage to get them to show sex a bit earlier.

How is the smoke from the NH plants you grew? Tried them yet?

The NH male plant is in the flowering room at the moment and I am collecting some pollen to sent my friend

NH male pics:

Closer shot of the male flowers

And a photo from the female NH plant:

L33t

Last edited by L33t; 03-05-2008 at 02:44 AM.