Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 PM

Hi there Haz3,

Your's are looking ace, I love that fem with the drooping fan leaves just chilling out

I never used to get exited about male plants either but yours looks realy cool with it's gold dust sprinkled everywhere, hope your mate realises how privaleged he his to have his girls dusted by this particular creation of Shantis' and Nevilles'!

The two girls I have, 2 different phenos, the first was very hazy in aroma but finished 1st by 2 weeks, yeilded very low and early test smokes were a bit disapointing, great taste but not mega potant.

The second was a lot more leafy, doesn't smell very hazy to me, at harvest it absolutly reeked of cat piss, this has eased off a bit now and the aroma is a very complexed mix of diesel, rotten bannanas, a very sulphery garlic smell and cat piss. To be honest it is too complexed for me to pick everything out. It is more potant than pheno#1 but still not mega strong, has a nice social high that is long lasting, about 4 hours or so. It also yeilded twice as much as #1.

They have both been in the jar about 3 weeks now, and will proberbly stay there now untill the begining of May, so I'm looking forward to trying them again to see how much they have improved.

A friend of mine is growing out 3 of each from cuttings at the moment so it will be interesting to see how his come out, although he is struggling with them at the moment.

I grew some out about 9 or 10 years ago that I bought from the greenhouse that I think were from the last batch that Shanti made whilst he was there. One plant from those was so potent that even without curing left most people that smoked it in the grips of the worst whitey they had ever had after just a few tokes, and that included me!

Sorry for the long winded reply and best of luck with yours
WVM
Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 PM

Thumbs up Awesome plants and pics

Beautiful plants and photography L33t, the female is looking really nice and healthy and those 2 male shots are awesome, keeping male(s) back to collect pollen is something i've never done before but would definately like to try next grow to attempt my first cross, the thing that's worrying me is acidental pollenation even if it's in another room or would it be safe enough?, do you keep the males under seperate HPS or CFL lights or just natural sunlight through a window?, peace, Herb
Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Hi whitevanman,

Nh is definitely a strain that needs selection and is sure can test your patience ... but on the good side.. the end result may turn out to be very special so its worth the try . I 'd like to run a seed grow with descent number of plants like the case with the mango and ssh then jump to conclusions but I've smoked a few times f1 nh selected cuts and the smoke was really special , very airy buds but very potent racy trippy type of high . I hope the female I am growing turns good but even if its not special , I will run the nevs again as soon as fresh stock is out along with afghan Haze

Hi herb,

I keep the males in another room (under CFL) , its in the room right next to the flowering room so relatively close , I don't think you should worry much about accidental pollination if you move the male in a separate room , I mean the worst thing that can happen is to have a seed here and there , almost zero loss in yield plus some nice seeds..so all is good I think. Like a friend of mine says when people ask this Q ''..well its not poison gas!' ' Its plain logic I think,ie just make sure the flowering growroom's intake vent doesn't comes from the room the male's room is venting out and you'll be fine.I generally toss the males, but this one was a lone survivor boy along with the second female plant so I thought to try to preserve the genetics . ..even if the selection number is small I hope theres something good to be found hopefully.Time will show

Here are is a pic from the female Neville's Haze.
I topped it twice so in a few days we should have 4 nice sized new tops and keep the plant bushy.Its in veg at the moment and will be used as a motherplant to take cuts to flower in a couple of months if all goes well :

Last edited by L33t; 04-06-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 PM

More from the female again:

As I said earlier I topped the main top a week ago and after a few days topped the new shoots/2 side branches so the vertical growth should slow down for the moment, while the lower growth will catch up

The new leaves closer to the top seem quite sativa

Last edited by L33t; 03-10-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:59 PM

And a low angle shot. I think this female plant has nice structure so far . I hope the multi-topping will help a bit to keep it short , good thing is the clones will be less stretchy compared to the seedplant , so I 'll scrog/Lst a few under a light flower after they root and see how they turn out .:

Last edited by L33t; 03-09-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM

Hi all

some updates.

I collected some pollen from the male to sent my friend and I also pollinated some Mango Haze lower buds. :
Old 03-13-2008, 06:39 PM

and some pics from the female:

Old 03-15-2008, 09:12 AM

Thumbs up

Hi Haz3

Your plants look amazing, your skills as a grower certainly make me look like an ametuer!

I topped my girls once at the 4th node and they still hit just short of 4ft. The clones stopped dead at about 3ft though.

Tried a bit more this week, they have been in the jar about 4 to 5 weeks now. I've got to say they are getting better all the time The onset is very quick and the effects are very racy/edgey with good periphery visual effects, music and sound are enhanced, the effects last for about 2 hours upon which another phat one will take you right back there. Not for everyone, but I love it. Thanks Shanti.

You have a real treat coming your way soon, enjoy!!

WVM
Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitevanman View Post
Hi Haz3

Your plants look amazing, your skills as a grower certainly make me look like an ametuer!

I topped my girls once at the 4th node and they still hit just short of 4ft. The clones stopped dead at about 3ft though.

Tried a bit more this week, they have been in the jar about 4 to 5 weeks now. I've got to say they are getting better all the time The onset is very quick and the effects are very racy/edgey with good periphery visual effects, music and sound are enhanced, the effects last for about 2 hours upon which another phat one will take you right back there. Not for everyone, but I love it. Thanks Shanti.

You have a real treat coming your way soon, enjoy!!

WVM
Thank you for the nice description of the high Cant wait to try the female i have. Hope its a nice pheno with a good high , i dont care if its a practical for indoors pheno, the quality of the smoke is the reason this line is almost legendary..not its yields and flowers' bag appeal. The good thing is she doesn't really seem like a 18 week finisher never-ending haze , it is more of a 12-14 weeker at least from what i see , and exhibited NL traits from early on.. so i think that it will be quite fast plant. The male NH is lot hazier in the looks almost pure haze no indica at all at least structure wise. I am going to grow clones taken from the female and hopefully these should be quite mature , after flippin to 10/14 should ready within 12-15weeks. Still long wait but hopefully it may be worth the wait.

Last edited by L33t; 03-19-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 PM

Hi all ,

The plant is getting bigger every day , its in a small pot, 1L to be exact to keep her small and bushy, the double topping seems to be very effective it stopped the vertical growth and low/side branches did catch up. In a few days I am going to take clones and a friend is going to take the motherplant to flower it and keep backup clones for next run.I will also give another friend a cut and some pollen from the NH male and a cut from the female too and prepare the new growroom for summer growing.

Last edited by L33t; 03-20-2008 at 11:26 PM.