Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Default How To Grow Neville's Haze

Hello MNS Crew

Of all the beans in my collection, I have to say the most
intimidating ones are the Neville's Haze. I know many do
struggle with this strain, and I would like to compare yur
methods side by side so we can all see how the pros are
growing this strain. Of course, you could go through the
threads to discover this information, but I think it would
be beneficial to all to boil it down 2 brass tax, list all the
methods used, and open it up to a general discussion on
the best way 2 grow this strain. My hope is that we can
all learn to grow this strain together, and all realize the
potential locked in the genes of this truly magical plant.
Please give as much info as you can regarding your part
icular methods and keys to success---nutrients, light cy
cles, mediums, flowering periods, temperatures, etc. Pix
of finished products along with odor/flavor descriptions
or certain bud/plant traits wuld also really help people in
locking down the desired phenotypes. Thank u 4 ur help.

Props2 Nevil & Shanti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 AM

good idear Fresh!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:31 AM

Great idea...looking 2 grab some NH while we have fresh stock...and the long flowering haze's are def humbling so a one-stop-shop would be perfect...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 AM

I'm running Neville's Skunk right now, and honestly it's less picky than Super Silver Haze so far I'd imagine Neville's Haze itself is probably a pain in the ass heh, I'd love to hear some ideas on tuning your favorite cuts of her in. I'm sure it will help with some of my other Haze dominant phenotypes.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Arrow Yosemite Sam's Recipe

Thanks for dropping in my friends. Our first contribution comes to us
from Yosemite Sam. But first, I'd like to give his recipe some context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha View Post
TD won the Cannabis Cup but i liked Barney's Nevil's Haze a lot better. TD is chunky and has more Indica in it than Nevil's. all of Barney's buds this year that i witnessed were expertly grown: just beautiful. i kept going back and getting more Nevil's because the "high" was better than anything else. Barney's Dr. Grinspoon cost 2 Euros more than Nevil's but was not as strong or interesting.
Turned out it was our very own Y. Sam's batch! Y.Sam has been gra
cious enough to bless us with his recipe for success. Thank you Sam!

Quote:
I'm happy to share my knowledge.
I use rockwool slabs as a medium.
Nutes: calcinit(N) and Kristalon Brown(K and P), both from Yara.
Select a nice mother from yr seeds and make good cuttings of it, very important.
Grow the cuttings till there about 15cm high and are rooted well and switch to flower.
Keep yr grow room warm and get plenty of refreshed air. Mke sure the air that flows in yr room is not colder dan 15degrC.
Use good light systems with fitting flower bulbs.
Ec level 2
Ph 5.8
Give yr plants lots of room, i never put more then 5 under 1 lamp(400 or 600W) or 1mē.
Give them lots of love and fresh nutes every day.
Feed them by hand if you can so you can observe what they drink.
That rounds up the headlights.
All depends on yr room, setup and care. Nothing more nor less.
Nutes are also a very important factor.
If you can't get the onces i mentioned then try to get 2 seperate nutes.
N and P&K nutes.
Add them seperately to yr water at the right dose until the EC is around 2, except the first 2 weeks, then 1.8 is sufficient.
If you have other questions just shoot.
Good luck, the NH is a real beauty!
Y. Sam
And here are some pics of the finished product:

Beautiful in every way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Default in Theory...

Hi all,
The tricky thing about the given info is that is it's all just theory and putting this theory into practice is where it often goes wrong.
There's no guaranteed succes.
I've known some close acquaintances of mine that i helped setting up go wrong. Same set-up, same plants, same nutes, same everything except the growroom and grower and it went wrong over and over again. It took many grows before they had a nice result. The opposite has also happened, no experience, no knowledge about anything and first run "bingo"...
It's not only knowing the right tools, it's also knowing how to use them, when to use them, the combination of factors that must be right in the right stage of the grow and so on...
I also think that the grower him- or herself has alot to do with it. The innerself, feelings and periode in once life has it's effect on the crop.
Never the less, if somebody is interested enough in how to grow this beautifull haze hybrid and they are pursistant enough to go through with it, no matter what the first results are, will eventually see there efforts return to them in a really nice smoke.
There are many ways to get a nice result... Experiment! There's no substitute for experience!
Try to put the quality before the quantity.
Good luck,
Y.Sam
Old 12-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Hi all,
The tricky thing about the given info is that is it's all just theory and putting this theory into practice is where it often goes wrong.
There's no guaranteed succes.
I've known some close acquaintances of mine that i helped setting up go wrong. Same set-up, same plants, same nutes, same everything except the growroom and grower and it went wrong over and over again. It took many grows before they had a nice result. The opposite has also happened, no experience, no knowledge about anything and first run "bingo"...
It's not only knowing the right tools, it's also knowing how to use them, when to use them, the combination of factors that must be right in the right stage of the grow and so on...
I also think that the grower him- or herself has alot to do with it. The innerself, feelings and periode in once life has it's effect on the crop.
Never the less, if somebody is interested enough in how to grow this beautifull haze hybrid and they are pursistant enough to go through with it, no matter what the first results are, will eventually see there efforts return to them in a really nice smoke.
There are many ways to get a nice result... Experiment! There's no substitute for experience!
Try to put the quality before the quantity.
Good luck,
Y.Sam
My first crop was FAR superior to someone I know that has been at it for 15+ years. I did the research, put the time and effort in, and started with decent genetics. I also loved my work, I think that was the biggest part. Some people just don't have that green thumb
Old 12-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Hey Ouchie,
I hear you there man.
I share your views on that green thumb.
Cheers,
Y.Sam
Old 12-02-2010, 02:20 PM

I'm not sure if there's a saying or quote or whatever for this, but it's words I've taken to heart.

No one is better than you at something you're passionate about.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Talking those are the buds

thanks FG for posting those bud shots. so did YS grow those? i'm impressed.

nice intact buds for such a fluffy strain. Greenhouse's Neville's (sic) Haze was bright green when they showed it to me. i passed.

i have six seeds of Nevil's Haze from Shanti soaking as i write. i will keep a sharp eye out for the pheno that produces these types of buds.