Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM

I haven't had any problems with NH, but I'm not a newbie either.

I think the biggest potential problem with growing it indoors is the extreme height. With seedlings this is easy to control by starting 12/12 from day 1 (no separate veg period) and topping when the time is right. Even with these measures it can still grow fairly tall and require tying to a stake.

Don't have the plants too close to the light. Like most Haze dominant plants it can't take the heat.

I also feed with low does nutes through the entire life cycle - 15ml PureBlendPro Grow for the first couple weeks then switch to 30ml PureBlendPro Bloom until the end of flowering.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha View Post
thanks FG for posting those bud shots. so did YS grow those? i'm impressed.

nice intact buds for such a fluffy strain. Greenhouse's Neville's (sic) Haze was bright green when they showed it to me. i passed.

i have six seeds of Nevil's Haze from Shanti soaking as i write. i will keep a sharp eye out for the pheno that produces these types of buds.
No problem, Skunka. Yes indeed he did, my good man. I
too am very impressed with his work. Bud loox delicious!

Best o luck with yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
I haven't had any problems with NH, but I'm not a newbie either.

I think the biggest potential problem with growing it indoors is the extreme height. With seedlings this is easy to control by starting 12/12 from day 1 (no separate veg period) and topping when the time is right. Even with these measures it can still grow fairly tall and require tying to a stake.

Don't have the plants too close to the light. Like most Haze dominant plants it can't take the heat.

I also feed with low does nutes through the entire life cycle - 15ml PureBlendPro Grow for the first couple weeks then switch to 30ml PureBlendPro Bloom until the end of flowering.
Enlightening post, HHHG.

Thanx 4 ur advice m8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
pluko

Easy peaple and great buds y.sam i just had i little question regarding your e.c2.This seems a little high to me considering its nevils.
Would you consider say 14 to low?
Im starting these real soon and just trying to get as much info as possible cheers in advance.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 PM

@pluko:

my ec is 2 in full bloom pluko.
I usually start of with an ec of 1.5 - 1.6 when the cuts are still small and increase to 1.8 when i put them on slabs.
After the first week bloom i increase gradually to ec level 2.
This within the first 4 weeks bloom.
I would recommend lower levels to start yr first run but i would def. give them at least a level of 1.8 in full bloom.
Regards,
YS
Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 AM

hello fellows,

im very interested in NH too, i would to ask to the nevils haze growers, does NH show sex easily in 18 hours of light in preflower ?
thanks a lot.
take care

Bat
Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 PM

I vegged my NH for 8 weeks (first topping at the 3rd node) and they showed sex at day 10 of bloom.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:11 PM

I've started out 12/12 on the flowering cycle that seemed to take forever. So i went to 11,1/2 and it seems to be goin better now.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Hello, all I have not grown Neville's Haze yet, but I too am very interested in this strain, and though I could contribute what I have read. Here are a few things that I have picked up from reading others grow logs. First Haze and haze dominate hybrids don't seem to like intense light, I have read many times that the haze plants are kept to the outside edge of the grow area. Clones always finnish faster than from seed, some advise from growing indoors from seed all together, especailly Neville's. One last thing is to leave your plants in one place try not moving them or even rotating them. It causes the plant to use energy to redirect itself that it could be using for other things. If any of this is incorrect please let me know, I know some of these things are also personal opinion. Peace
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Default how NOT to grow NH ;)

I have one finishing up now. It's been on 11/13 for 2 days shy of 15 weeks. It might finish any day now, most of the calyxes are swollen but there are still new white pistils forming.

She's had a rough life. I started her at 11/13 and was forced to move before she or her brother showed sex. She went to a friends house for 10 day and he managed to kill almost everything I gave him....15 c99 clones and some other odds and ends. He kept everything in a shower-stall....basically everything on the verge of floating. He started with an 18/6 schedule but freaked out at the dying plants and switched to 24/0. only 4 plants survived.

She also survived some traumatic pH issues, but she is on track now. I vaped a few small calyx clusters and I must say she has a very sensual high....I got in the shower after toking up and the hot water felt sublime. I was laughing in the shower because water never felt so good.