Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
I've been to Queensland, that's hillbilly country (Steve Irwin), if they tell you to go away, it was your lucky day. NL5Hz may handle the humidity. We might just have to find out.
N.
You calling Wally a hillbilly? lol!

Nev, you simply have to re-release NL5Hz and watch the money flow in. I and about 20,000 others are waiting...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Donald Mallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushweed View Post
You calling Wally a hillbilly? lol!

Nev, you simply have to re-release NL5Hz and watch the money flow in. I and about 20,000 others are waiting...
well ill admit it ,, i am a hillbilly , feels safer in the little world i have going on up here ..
the thing im keen to see , is if i sow it in the winter months , will it harvest in october , and regrow for another crop in april / may , , thats the ultimate up here , a strain that can do both seasons successfully .
its touch and go in the tropicals regions with just enough indica in the mix to flower them off in the dry season , but enough sativa to get them legs to yeild well ... the good ones will resprout and grow a whole new plant ,, gotta love them that keep on giving ...

im definately up for a trail if it fits anything like the description our friend josh is describing sounds like a sure winner to me ...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Kangativa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Mallard View Post
well ill admit it ,, i am a hillbilly , feels safer in the little world i have going on up here ..
the thing im keen to see , is if i sow it in the winter months , will it harvest in october , and regrow for another crop in april / may , , thats the ultimate up here , a strain that can do both seasons successfully .
its touch and go in the tropicals regions with just enough indica in the mix to flower them off in the dry season , but enough sativa to get them legs to yeild well ... the good ones will resprout and grow a whole new plant ,, gotta love them that keep on giving ...

im definately up for a trail if it fits anything like the description our friend josh is describing sounds like a sure winner to me ...
Hey mate you can take it from me.....That strain was the Hybrid of hybrids.
I unfortunetly lost it due to circumstances out of my control.
I just hope it gets released again
Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Breeder

Quote:
its touch and go in the tropicals regions with just enough indica in the mix to flower them off in the dry season , but enough sativa to get them legs to yeild well .
Er, Nevil's Haze anyone? There's one particular cutting of mine that is still floating around in Holland, someone posted it not long ago. I always wondered how that would do in the north of Australia, in any case that's where I'd be growing the NH outdoors. The later ones would probably also come in there. It'd be fun to make some sticks, like the old fashioned Buddha and Thai sticks, out of the Qld grown NH. I reckon I'd be as close as you could get.
Quote:
well ill admit it ,, i am a hillbilly
Now I didn't say you were a hillbilly, or that Queenslanders are all hillbillys. I've personally seen rednecks, transvestites, hippies and assorted types you couldn't even categorise, living in Qld, not all of them born there either. I'm pretty sure that I've even got a son living there. I went there once at Christmas. Hot and humid. I think that the only way to cope was to drink gin or whisky. Bundy Rum that's it. I remember being drunk on something. But the dry winters could work out very well. It'd be a good place for a stoner's retirement village. If you bred a few fighting cocks, you could blend in with the locals.This is an Australian Pit Game. I used to breed these birds,I got them from Qld.
N.

Last edited by Nevil; 11-05-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Donald Mallard

Quote:
Er, Nevil's Haze anyone? There's one particular cutting of mine that is still floating around in Holland, someone posted it not long ago. I always wondered how that would do in the north of Australia, in any case that's where I'd be growing the NH outdoors. The later ones would probably also come in there. It'd be fun to make some sticks, like the old fashioned Buddha and Thai sticks, out of the Qld grown NH. I reckon I'd be as close as you could get.
Now I didn't say you were a hillbilly, or that Queenslanders are all hillbillys. I've personally seen rednecks, transvestites, hippies and assorted types you couldn't even categorise, living in Qld, not all of them born there either. I'm pretty sure that I've even got a son living there. I went there once at Christmas. Hot and humid. I think that the only way to cope was to drink gin or whisky. Bundy Rum that's it. I remember being drunk on something. But the dry winters could work out very well. It'd be a good place for a stoner's retirement village. If you bred a few fighting cocks, you could blend in with the locals.This is an Australian Pit Game. I used to breed these birds,I got them from Qld.
N.
hehehe ,, love the sound of thai sticks re emerging to speak ,,, have some lovely thai ladies willing to help ... they are naturals at pruning herb it seems , bless them ,,
i grew a crop of haze x c99 f2 out there once, was in our longer wetter time of year , my mate stuffed up the drying , hung it wet , too low and not enough heat in the drying tent , we had a big arguement abut it..

long story short ,, the apparently stuffed , starting to mould ,, sweated brown herb that came of it ,, was by far the best in our crop , , strange jungle curing sometimes works it seems .. lol ... would have made the best thai sticks .

ive seen a few of those game birds up here ,, darn long legged things , quite handsome and elegant almost ,unusual when put aside a typical chicken.

they are into their cocks up here for sure , i love the bantoms , with the little wings on their feet , amazing characters and spunk for such small chickens ...
ill check out the link .. cheers ...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Er, Nevil's Haze anyone?
Hi Nevil,
I Have never tried Nevil's Haze. If there is a strain in the world I would like to try, that would be it.
I have a question.
Let us suppose there was a scale for the Absolute Ultra Death Bud.
Now, on this fictitious scale of 1-10, let us suppose that the highest registering THC strains in the world, NL or G13, for example, would register a 1 or a 2.
Your original NL#5XHz clone would register, lets say a 5.

What would Neville's Haze Register on this scale?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:13 AM

Default Scale

I would say 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, times!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
I would say 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, times!!!
LOL!!! Damn Dude, Now I really got to get some.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:34 PM

Well now that I have been on here for a few monthes, and really had a chance to learn more about it, it really amazes me how I have been operating under a false assumption for so many years.

I am convinced now. I have been growing NL5HZ, and thinking it was pure haze. How did I make that mistake? Well a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was stupid enough to loan out my catalog, shortly after I recieved the seeds, and of course I never saw it again. And then when I finally got a chance to start growing the haze clones for myself, it had been almost 2 years since I got the seeds, and everyone was just calling it Holland Haze.

I thought it was 86-88, but I guess it must have been 89. I don't know more than 20 years ago and I was little more than a kid, its all a bit hazy.

I always thought the leaves seemed a bit too fat to be a pure sativa, and it makes so much sense. The reason it never crossed well with my NL hybrids, I am convinced, is because it was half NL5 and when I crossed it with NL hybrids, they were really nice plants, but they just weren't Hazy, and that is because the NL was dominating...
I have always been proud of the fact that my hybrids were 50% haze, but now I realize, they are only 25% haze, and that explains so much, as to why so many of my hybrids express themselves so strongly as indica.

But I will tell you, even though they are only 25% haze, they are 50% NL5HZ and they have been selected for many generations, for NL5HZ taste and effect, and if you compare one of my HHG(Haze Humboldt Giant) hybrids to the SSH(Super Silver Haze) for example,
The HHG tastes like NL5Hz with a tinge of fruit, and the SSH by comparison tastes more like a skunk with a tinge of haze.

Anyway thanks Hempy and Kodiak, for showing me how to get 14-17 year old seeds to sprout.

Hi Friends,
Check it out:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=5345
The Bonsai Sultan Method: Typological Breeding for the Non Breeder, Beginner, or Pro with Little Space.

Last edited by joshuahazen; 01-01-2011 at 04:21 PM.