Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 02:46 AM

hi resinbud,

Great show!

lovely looking plants and the final product looks top notch, Very nice work!

thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics with us
Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor

Elmer Bud,

From my experience with SSH , MH & NH and from what I ve seen from other growers I have to say that the Haze C male certainly throws Thai expressive phenos. Afterall SSH which uses only HazeC (SSH=NL5HzC x SKHzC) does have Thai phenos.

Regarding purpling in the NH line, well I don't remember to have seen a report where F1s grow purple buds when grown with warm ambient temps (20C+)..
On the other hand purple stems seem to be common in the NH plants even when temps are always warm, my NH has purple lines on the stems.

SSH and MH can have purple buds but again its not due to genetics , its due to low temps/ ie cold nights. I m not sure I 've heard of a pheno that grows purple flowers irrespective of ambient temps.

l33t
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 AM

G`day Leet
Now after reading your post I realise that it was the smells / flavours that related to the A/C . Is this your exp ?
The way I remember this was relating C to Colombia and A to ThAi as I might remember a equation or recipe . Does that relate correctly to you ?
Thanks for your input it is much app .

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Cool Excellent Growing Mate

Hi Resinbud ,

If I still toked , I would love to sample some tropical Nevs , great grow log friend.

MNS Wish List : NL#5Haze , G13Haze , MangoHaze IBL
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
bigherb

Resinbud

Love those pics brother ,looks amazing .

the buds are not manicured yet or aswell as mine but the look of the foxtail/several bud sites on the branch is exactly like my last NH pheno

id love to see pics of the #9 pheno .

Great show bro n i look forward to those smoke reports

Below is wat i quickly found reguarding this topic of purple in mns hazes

If i recall ive stated id love to hear shanti's opinion on this.Im also very curious wat Nevil has to say .I dont recall any mention of the afghan or nl#5 putting out purple

Hi there bigherb hope your well,the purple in this pheno seems to be natural and low temps are not happening were im at.This was the only pheno that went purple out of 8 and the only plant in quite a big room with many other strains but ill have to re-run it to know for sure one thing i would say is that the purpling began quite early about week4-5.
This pheno didnt leave the room smelling like church maybe taking a little more from the afgan it was quick too, if i do come across any that do i'll be a happy man 7phenos to go.
I really do believe this is one of the most underrated strains around, the quality outstanding

catalyst
I had some purple in the phenos i grew...plus one reminded me of church (frankensence) The grow was not optimum but i am moving soon, have a 1000w digi ballast and i have another pack to throw down and did make some seeds....

dirk diggler

Originally Posted by bigherb
im very curious to know if you recall exacts as too the temps you ran as its clear ,the 4th pic of nev has som purple which is not the first time ive pointed out the purp in som of mns hazes
Originally Posted by bigherb
im very curious to know if you recall exacts as too the temps you ran as its clear ,the 4th pic of nev has som purple which is not the first time ive pointed out the purp in som of mns hazes

i don't know exactly what you're asking?
sorry for me poor English (and the google translator doesn't give a descent translation )
i guess you're asking about the temperature, ok?
well, when starting this run it was high summer and really hot (30° and more)
so for first 6 weeks had temps in me room from 30°+ day and 25+° night.
after 6 weeks till the end it was always about 25+°day and 22° night.
no low temps at all.
imo the purple in the buds is genetic based as we run this NH pheno at different locations and the purple always appeared.
hope this is the answer at your question

redeye24/7

week 10
Temps 25 lights on, hum 50 %, feeding 1ml of A & B per L of water

week 9
Hi all, temps 25 lights on, 35% RH, feeding 1ml each A & B per L of water

week 4
Hello all , still on 2.5 ml of each A & B per L water , temps 23 25 , hum 45% 55%

week 1
Under 400 hps , 12/12 cycle , temps 25-27 , hum 40%-50% lights on.
temps 20-21 , hum 50%-60% lights off

above are flower temps

purple was in pheno 5 after chop ,i asked about it with no response

As for the hazeA n haze C .Nevil has stated the haze A is thai expressive n hazeC colombian .Soo maybe it is a receesive trait which shows the thai in the hazeC hybrids,If i said that right .Id imagine the purple comin from the colombian side in haze as magenta/rootbeer was a pheno/variety

Nevil

This is the description of Haze C.

Quote:
Santa Marta Gold It has a very spicy/sandalwoody/piney flavor

while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.
N

1luvbigherb
Old 02-07-2011, 05:24 AM

G`day resinbud
The pleasure is mine bro ,i`ve been lurkin on this thread from the beggining .
Yes i do ponder sometimes wether to post on some threads so as not to look like a fool .
Your log has been much app, well done .

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .
Old 02-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Looking tasty, Bud!

I had one plant that had purple buds and another that was a little less purple. All grown indoors under warm conditions. See my last grow report for details. http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor...html#post89720

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
hi resinbud,

Great show!

lovely looking plants and the final product looks top notch, Very nice work!

thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics with us
Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor

Elmer Bud,

From my experience with SSH , MH & NH and from what I ve seen from other growers I have to say that the Haze C male certainly throws Thai expressive phenos. Afterall SSH which uses only HazeC (SSH=NL5HzC x SKHzC) does have Thai phenos.

Regarding purpling in the NH line, well I don't remember to have seen a report where F1s grow purple buds when grown with warm ambient temps (20C+)..
On the other hand purple stems seem to be common in the NH plants even when temps are always warm, my NH has purple lines on the stems.

SSH and MH can have purple buds but again its not due to genetics , its due to low temps/ ie cold nights. I m not sure I 've heard of a pheno that grows purple flowers irrespective of ambient temps.

l33t

Last edited by Shovelhandle; 02-07-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
bigherb

Resinbud

thankyou my friend ,NH seems to have gotten the love she needed in her preferred in environment,even the leaves were frosted

Shovehandle is another confirmation i just recalled n happy too see say soo

I look forward to smoke reports when ready

1luvbigherb
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
pluko

That was a great read resinbud thanks for the great report on this line, i just got a pack of these still trying to decide how to go about them.

Certainly the most intimidating of mns offerings-Great job
Old 04-02-2011, 10:51 AM

Thumbs up

nice pictures
to water and feed it..

THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING

PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE

EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT

HAS FRUIT IN IT."

GENESIS 1:29-30
Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Wow Resinbud,
Thanks for the pics. Fine looking stuff, my friend. Keep up the good work.
You make it look easy.

Hi Friends,
Check it out:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=5345
The Bonsai Sultan Method: Typological Breeding for the Non Breeder, Beginner, or Pro with Little Space.