Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 07:37 AM

Default MNS Nev. Haze, best trich color to harvest

Hey all, I have 4 NH plants currently at about 130 days(~18.5 weeks). The trichs are just starting to strech, and most/all of them are still milky white, and many of them are still short.

What color trichs do experienced NH growers harvest at for the best buzz. These plants have much more trichs than my first run of NH, so I hope I am in for a treat, and am going to begin selective harvesting over the next couple of days and sampling as I go.

Thanks in advance for any help

Be safe

Alaska
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 AM

For pure sativas or sat dominant strains I recommend to let up to 40-50% of the trichs turn amber.This is personal preference of courseI remember a post from Shanti talking about Nevs Hz where he said that he leaves em to amber up to 80% sometimes.I dont have personal experience with NH yet but I do have experience with landrace sativas and sat dominant hybrids , and the general rule of thumb says.. leAve those sats to fuUully mature

Unlike with indicas, sativas do 'get better' as they are let to mature and I personally prefer them almost overripe.The high n potency doesnt change so drammatically like with inDicas during/within the 'harvest window'.The high changes of course as the resin matures , the high becomes longer lasting etc but with sativas I find the extra wait is definitely worth the extra wait ..while with indicas you can chop early without much 'loss'

Iam sure those will smoke great , By the way were these from seed or clone?

Have fun!

Last edited by L33t; 05-13-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the reply L33t, I hope life finds you well.

These plants are from clones. I have two diff females selected so far from seeds, and am giving them a second run against each other to see which to drop and which to keep. With the extimated 20+ weeks of flower, I need to keep looking for that 14 weeker, but these sure look nice

Be safe

Alaska
Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 PM

could you please post some pics ? I remember your last nevilles plants , I think you grew them very nice !

have fun
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 AM

I will try but no guarantees, lol.

This crop has spider mites unfortuantely, but it still seems to have came out nicer than the last crop that didn't.

Be safe

A
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Breeder and moderator

Higuys

would be good to get a photo to see what we are looking at.But the NH is pretty ripe at 60% coloration to the resin glands. how long are the clones taking from the mothers? Is it a shorter cycle?
All the best stay safe Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl