Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Neville Haze New Batch Germination Rate

Hi

I have had some problems with the germination rate of the NH.

In the package I got from Vu-du (18 seeds) I put 3 of them to germinate and NONE did so.

So far that means 20% failure. After cracking the three of them 2 where black in the inside (like rotten) the other one was white but did not sprout.

I put another two into germination which I will give you my updates as soon as I can on the status.

For sure if these two fails I will send an email to Shanti letting him know what it is going on with my batch of Neville Haze.

Last edited by joaquin386; 02-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:26 PM

The latest news is that from the latest two seeds one crack. The other one is still close.

I will see how both of them comes up (not mutant plants or anything).
Old 02-09-2009, 02:36 PM

yep id rather buy 5 that did germ! not 18 that almost made it! ive been growing 25 years! was told this companys stuff is the best? and ive seen very little to prove that!!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Hi joaquin386,

Stay cool regarding your Nevilleís Haze as Shantibaba is a stand up guy

I know itís a pain when expensive beans do not germinate, but try them all. After let the man know of your results, if negative. Iím sure he will replace them if thatís the case.

Best of luck with the remaining seeds

Buddhadreams
Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhadreams View Post
Hi joaquin386,

Stay cool regarding your Nevilleís Haze as Shantibaba is a stand up guy

I know itís a pain when expensive beans do not germinate, but try them all. After let the man know of your results, if negative. Iím sure he will replace them if thatís the case.

Best of luck with the remaining seeds
lets keep the positive vibes, after all negative ones only keep negative vibes floating...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfish View Post
yep id rather buy 5 that did germ! not 18 that almost made it! ive been growing 25 years! was told this companys stuff is the best? and ive seen very little to prove that!!

..perhaps you haven't looked enough...?

Please don't be unfair .
Show me a single MNS SSH grow report where the grower was unhappy with the final results.. I have yet to read one myself and 've been online on many canna forums the last decade or so....

All will tell you they were extremely happy with the SSH and found the genetics to be some of the best on or off the market.

Lets be fair ..There have been issues with all seed companys' seedstock at some point , be it due to breeders fault or seed retailer's fault. ..same goes with MNS ..but what really matters is that any grower that had a legit issue with the mns product , and contacted Shanti letting him know of the situation and it was a legit case , received help and Shanti was more than generous as most will tell you. MNS is a company one can count on even if things go wrong , not many seed co's can claim the same.

Read the online canna forums and you 'll see that there are many growers who had probs that were very happy with the customer support/backup service and all received help whenever the was a legit issue.

Shanti is one of the most stand up guys in this dodgy business and not many companys can claim to have a backup service and customer support that even comes close to MNS's. Some breeders even have the nerve to openly say that if the seeds don't germinate they are not even willing to send replacements (see Rez for example) . Shanti has done so numerous times even in cases where the product went bad due to retailers' fault (bad storage etc) or even the growers fault..

I 've personally grown over 10 packs of MNS seeds and had great germination rates , average was 80 - 100% success so I 'm more than happy. All strains were above average quality wise and some were very special , some of , if not the best around. And I assure you I 've grown quite few strains from other breeders too..

So don't tell me you 've seen very little that proves mns gear is top notch , you are either lying or you haven't even looked around..

.. on most canna forums online you 'll see growers claiming that MNS gear is the some of the best and that they were extremely happy with the products and customer service. If you haven't seen such reports you 've obviously haven't even visited any of the major canna forums online.

There are literally thousands of positive reports from growers world wide that will prove you wrong. So look around and dont be negative..If you dont like the truth then you can simply chose not to purchase any mns gear..noone is forcing you afterall....

L33t

Last edited by L33t; 02-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Hey J

Glad to hear that the one of the 2 from your your last try sprouted ,
looking forward to how this and the other one goes.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM

6 days already for the 5th seed. It doesn't look like it will crack. I will crack it and see what is inside it.

So far 1 for 5. 20% but of success!!!!!! I am depress..............
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Hi Joaquim386,

I feel for you. After all, you must have built very high expectations with such priceless genetics

My advice is to try them all. And depending on your results contact Shantibaba. If necessary he will do things right for you.

Are you picking the worst looking beans to germinate first or doing it random?

Buddhadreams
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Have you tried scuffing these seeds prior to germ? I had some trouble with the Devils until I scuffed them.

Give it a shot, it can't hurt.