Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 08:53 PM

Grail widow looks fantastic, what is it and where can i get some?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:21 PM

Pm shanti or Simone
Old 04-16-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
I agree with you the plant dis-similarities could be due to the outcrossed GW vs the more inbred NHM. But I still think they are different moms. Another big difference in the plants is the rate of occurrence of intersex traits: 3/4 GW plants vs 1:3 NHM plants. Suggests to me the GW mom is a bit wilder, more feral.
Yes, certainly they could have different Mom's. The potential number of different NevHaze F1s that Shanti holds is limited only by the number of Nevil's Haze seed he kept hold of from the 90s. I assume he had plenty.
Most of the work I did was with batches of 40-50 seeds at a time... The best plant out of 20 females will be pretty close in quality to the best out of a 1000. Many of my cuttings, still considered elite, came out of similar sized batches.

SB's Breeding Articles

Nev's Mango selection

NL5 x Hz selection

88 G13 x Hash Plant
Old 04-18-2018, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
IIRC, CannaFish revealed to us in a recent thread that the father of NHM is not a mango haze male but rather the mango male, a Nl5xHzC that is a male sibling from the same large selection run Nevil and Shanti did that found Nl5xHzC #122, the mango haze mother. That's how I understand it at least.

I agree with you the plant dis-similarities could be due to the outcrossed GW vs the more inbred NHM. But I still think they are different moms. Another big difference in the plants is the rate of occurrence of intersex traits: 3/4 GW plants vs 1:3 NHM plants. Suggests to me the GW mom is a bit wilder, more feral.
I did say that but I don't necessarily think its the correct info. There is almost always confusion when Shantibaba talks specific pedigrees or plants.

I don't think the male was from the same run that Nevil found the 2 famous keepers. From my perspective, Shanti has not put out enough information to make a exact pedigree of mango haze. When I piece together all the old posts... to me it seems like mango haze came from selections of old NL5/hz122 x Sk/hz seed bred by Nevil.
Shanti obtained these seeds the same time as the G13Skunks. He then bred this cross several generations. Does he backcross to the NL5HZ122 mango female?? I have MangHZ, MangoHZ inbred, Nevils HZ Mango, Nevils Haze and Grail Widow and I'm curious of their exact relations.

This post shows that Shanti selected the parent plants for mango haze, separate from the 122 plant...

"Mango haze has both a female and a male side as it came out of an old batch of seed and both were selected by me in 2001 the same time as G13sk seed was also germinated from old seed.The MH female known as 122 selected at the same time as SSH came from a plant selection of Nevil`s around 1996-7."
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/165890-post33.html

Last edited by CannaFish; 04-18-2018 at 02:58 AM.