Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 PM

is that really you mate ?

man - long time no see, hope all is well at your place leet !
Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 AM

hi deran happy to see u too

I know for sure pure sativas that are kept in solo cups ( even if not super rootbound , it seems like the roots not going super deep sends a signal ) flowering will be induced much faster than sisters in big unrestricted containers, up to 30 days faster. A strain that needs 16weeks in unrestricted containers will finish around 12weeks if u let it in small pot to start flowering then transplant after stretch has stopped. And contrary to what most people will think yields didn't suffer proportionally. But you have to get the timing right... and it's also plant dependant. Once the hormones have "settled" you can then transplant and finish properly.

It's a very good technique to finish equatorial sativas indoors without taking months.

I've never seen the nevils haze hermie though no matter the stress being it from too much light or extreme rootbound and I've grown it for 6 years.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post

I know for sure pure sativas that are kept in solo cups ( even if not super rootbound , it seems like the roots not going super deep sends a signal ) flowering will be induced much faster than sisters in big unrestricted containers, up to 30 days faster. A strain that needs 16weeks in unrestricted containers will finish around 12weeks if u let it in small pot to start flowering then transplant after stretch has stopped. And contrary to what most people will think yields didn't suffer proportionally. But you have to get the timing right... and it's also plant dependant. Once the hormones have "settled" you can then transplant and finish properly.

It's a very good technique to finish equatorial sativas indoors without taking months.

I've never seen the nevils haze hermie though no matter the stress being it from too much light or extreme rootbound and I've grown it for 6 years.
Sweet the legend has returned!! I don't think I've every seen anyone else with better bud shots than you.

Good info too I'm about to do my first run of Nevilles Haze just got to send the money in but I keep getting robbed on the other strain I'm trying to win and it's always last minute too. lol
Old 03-21-2017, 05:25 PM

While I've had some SSH herm on me in the past, I have yet to have this occur with the Mango and Nevilles lines. I sex in smaller dirt too because of economics. No sense in committing a lot of material for plants that might not make the grade. Vegging them as long as possible before switching over seems to shorten flower time and as Leet said seems to hormonally trigger these fine plants in a good way. Not to mention it keeps my veg room more manageable as these plants can easily get over 3-4" even in 4x4 containers. Aloha M
Old 03-22-2017, 09:14 AM

I have had similar experiences as you musashi. I had 6 out of 7 SSH herm on me last round. Nothing was really to out of the ordinary. But I have never had a mango even throw a flower. I think I know where I will concentrate my efforts in the future...
Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post

Great info! I think my problem was that A. Predominantly sativa strains take longer to show sex. Also I could have filled the solo cups all the way to top with soil. Lastly I could have added more EWC and other stuff to these ones in solo cups. Ended up with one more female!

Currently have 5 females, threw away 3 hermies, and the one male I have I'm debating on collecting pollen. I still have it going in a solo cup lol.

L33t,

You are one of the main reasons why I purchased La Niņa,after seeing your bud shots. I currently have a few of those going at the moment.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:49 PM

Now dont get me started on the La Nina. What a magnificent plant! One of my favs, a pure delight to grow as the vigor of the widow line is astonishing. And then there is Mango Widow. Ya mon.
Still, the Neville's grow has got to be experienced AND of course shared with your braddahs. Always in rotation for good reason as it is truly sublime and for me, the best of the best.

Cool runnin
M
Old 03-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Sometimes you can save the hermies by pulling the male flowers and fingers crossed it will revert ( if herm'ism was due to stress ) but you can also make a case for just ditching the plant...
Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 PM

Default Stress transference and KIS

Yep. Unfortunately, the "stress" oftentimes than gets transferred to you haha. After this process of trying to save the plant, I have always had the nagging feeling that the whack a mole may appear somewhere else and taint the remaining crop. IMHO, it is best to adhere to L.Burbank methods; eliminate the offender as there is always another seed to plant. I know one braddah that sleeps better that way

Aloha braddahs
M
Old 03-25-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Now dont get me started on the La Nina. What a magnificent plant! One of my favs, a pure delight to grow as the vigor of the widow line is astonishing. And then there is Mango Widow. Ya mon.
Still, the Neville's grow has got to be experienced AND of course shared with your braddahs. Always in rotation for good reason as it is truly sublime and for me, the best of the best.

Cool runnin
M
Interesting thoughts, so you would say the seedlings that are growing crazy fast would be more widow leaning?