Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Junglejim1212's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
High humidity and not directly under the lights might be good as well.


Hi Dawn,

I have moved them to a less bright spot under the 1000W. With regards to the humidity I don't have a way of adding humidity and they are also in a flowering room so I'd like to keep the humidity down as other ladies are currently blooming.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-07-2017, 02:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglejim1212 View Post



Hello all,

So far one male has been taken out. I forgot to add some more nitrogen to my base soil as it use to be a SOG soil so low nitrogen levels were fine. Started to see some yellowing so I fed them some neptunes harvest organic fish fert.

First take away are that they they love Nitrogen and they aren't a big fan of 75 degrees F either.
They look like they could use a bigger pot to let those roots spread.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Junglejim1212's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberg71 View Post
They look like they could use a bigger pot to let those roots spread.


They are fine now. Plants aren't sexed yet so they def aren't root bound. Will transplant once they are sexed. Thy are currently under 12/12 to determine sex.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Junglejim1212's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 74
Default

To update,

Of the 12 planted

9 rooted

4 females

1 male

3 hermies (male plants with pistols)

1 still pending

First time I've ever had Hermie male plants from seed immediately after sexing.

I've transplanted the 4 females into 1 gallons and returned to veg.

Took cuttings from 2/4 plants. Still waiting for more veg growth from other 2.

Will update pics soon.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Broseidon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 922
Default

Plants can stress and herm when kept in small containers for too long.

From the pic I would say they were due for a transplant a while ago.
Also: Flowering them in the same small container can also cause further stress and herms. Plants need additional root space once flowering starts. If you flowered them in the same solo cups to determine sex, I would say this can definitely give you inaccurate results.

I suggest transplanting them to slightly larger (maybe 1 gallon or sth) pots before flowering to determine sex next time. This way you can be sure that no herms were caused from the stress of being in pots too small.

Just my 2 cents.

Stay frosty Bro
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Junglejim1212's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
Plants can stress and herm when kept in small containers for too long.

From the pic I would say they were due for a transplant a while ago.
Also: Flowering them in the same small container can also cause further stress and herms. Plants need additional root space once flowering starts. If you flowered them in the same solo cups to determine sex, I would say this can definitely give you inaccurate results.

I suggest transplanting them to slightly larger (maybe 1 gallon or sth) pots before flowering to determine sex next time. This way you can be sure that no herms were caused from the stress of being in pots too small.

Just my 2 cents.



Stay frosty Bro

lol I've grown over 30-40+ strains and about 5-10 MNS strains. I've done this process of leaving plants in solo cups and sexing them for 6 years and this is the first time. I'm currently doing the exact same thing with La Niņa at the moment with zero problems

They also aren't being flowered in solo cups LOL! They are being sexed that is all. Popping seeds in solo cups and putting them right under 12/12 to determine sex is a common method. After they are sexed they get put back into veg.


maybe I should add one more time. I am looking for a female NH cutting to add to my garden. I already have a bunch of stuff up so sorry if I'm not treating this like my only project. I'll update from time to time.

Last edited by Junglejim1212; 03-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Broseidon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 922
Default

Hey no offense Bro, couldn't really know all that from you...
Or maybe I could I didn't read the entire thread to be honest.

I have considered doing what you suggest is common practice but thought it would cause the plants too much stress and they might herm leaving me with inconclusive results.

So I take cuts instead, root and then flower these to determine sex (and also as a first selection step).

Just an idea.

I was not aware that NH is hermy prone so I was just surprised by your report, looked at the pics and then thought this might be what have happened.

If you never get herms with this method, I guess someone from MRN chiming in would be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Gizmo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 111
Default

hello fellows, nice grow JJ but honestly sexing in little cup little that is not good, 1 liter pot is a minimum and i always use 4 liters. looks at the pic, your plants are not happy. these babies need more space for the root. lots of roots = happy plants. growing in little cup like that is good for 2 weeks old seedlings at max IMO. more it will stress the plants, the roots wont have enough space to grow properly, lack of oxygen will be a problem, nutrients deficiency too and you need to water very often so its definitly a risky game. imagine a baby with too small nappy/diaper, poor baby he will not be happy

repot these babies man, they will say thank you and will reward you later be sure.
happy growing JJ, nice video games name by the way

Gizmo

~~~
__________________
In breeding IBLs the best method is to separate sibling lines and inbreed them separately for several gens, and then bring them back together.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Junglejim1212's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
hello fellows, nice grow JJ but honestly sexing in little cup little that is not good, 1 liter pot is a minimum and i always use 4 liters. looks at the pic, your plants are not happy. these babies need more space for the root. lots of roots = happy plants. growing in little cup like that is good for 2 weeks old seedlings at max IMO. more it will stress the plants, the roots wont have enough space to grow properly, lack of oxygen will be a problem, nutrients deficiency too and you need to water very often so its definitly a risky game. imagine a baby with too small nappy/diaper, poor baby he will not be happy

repot these babies man, they will say thank you and will reward you later be sure.
happy growing JJ, nice video games name by the way

Gizmo

~~~

Thanks for the info, the only problem is that in those pics they aren't rootbound. They just required more nitrogen then was in the solo cups. I literally am doing the same method with La Niņa right now and they are fine. NH is the first strain I've seen do this.

I get that from looking at the pics one could assume rootbound. But if you look closely rootbound plants in solo cups from what I've seen generally have 5-7 nodes before doing so and these guys were only on like node 2-3.

I also stated that I gave the plants some organic fish fert and they are fine again. Only one left in solo cup and it looks totally different after feeding it. I also stated that these were the only plants in my garden not happy.

Will update later this week. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM
L33t's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,544
Default

Yeah I wouldnt mind sexing in solo cups But I do have seen stressed individuals by doing that

I've seen a mango haze stressed during early flowering but she turned to fully female.

Lines such as MH/NH I wouldnt be worried that much with hermies

Nevil's haze, Im growing soon again

GL we will all need it...

PS unstress them and take a close look, if they continue to be hermie ( I doubt ) just kill em and be careful next time how much you want to stress em
__________________
cheers , Haz3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL