Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Default Neville's Haze

1st off i'd like to say hello to all the other Nev growers in the arena,

i really didn't understand the importance of having this cut until i read all your threads and am glad to say im really excited to have it now too, i've been growing Uk Cheese solely for about 2 years now and its time for a change, its funny cos when i got the Cheese i was excited then too but the excitement for having this is even bigger so a big thankyou to Herbie for the cut.

I am a hydro grower by trade but for the summer months i went with coco and now there is no turning back, so simple but yet so efffective.

Grown in Canna coco peat, Canna coco a&b and Canadian Express Headmasta from 2 weeks 12/12 onwards.

Here's some pics of her when i recieved her and how she has progressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02612 (Medium).JPG (81.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02837 (Medium).JPG (84.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02853 (Medium).JPG (134.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg dsc02854 (Medium).jpg (62.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02855 (Medium).JPG (56.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Stacks; 10-02-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 PM

I gave her a feed last night and the run off was coming out at 2.2ec so today i put another 5ltr of water ph adjusted to 6. Run off was 0.8 ec ph6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02876 (Medium).JPG (131.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02932 (Medium).JPG (156.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02933 (Medium).JPG (78.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02934 (Medium).JPG (107.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02935 (Medium).JPG (121.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02936 (Medium).JPG (100.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02937 (Medium).JPG (89.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM

Default My other lil Nev

This is my other lil nev i have, she was the top of the plant in the scrog net, she would have been bigger but she had a bad start in life, i accidentally topped her when i was checking for roots in the 3" block, i was supposed to be going 12/12 on Sunday but i want her a bit bigger before i do.

Pics of the Nev when i accidentally topped her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02733 (Medium).JPG (78.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02862 (Medium).JPG (78.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02863 (Medium).JPG (149.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02938 (Medium).JPG (92.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02939 (Medium).JPG (91.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 PM

Also done a bit of work in the growroom today, for the past week or 2 i've had the 600w metal halide on but today i hooked up the other 600w and put a hps in there so i got a mixture.

Also hooked up the filter inside the tent so now i have double filtration, and added a bit of bamboo for ghetto straightness of the tubes, lol.

1 of the pics is of the whole tent, 1.4m2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02944 (Medium).JPG (58.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02945 (Medium).JPG (38.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02947 (Medium).JPG (98.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02951 (Medium).JPG (75.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02950 (Medium).JPG (135.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 PM

Hi Stacks,
looking spot on man, can't wait to see the sea of Nev's buds growing through that screen, gonna be a beautiful sight
how many litres is the pot used for the scrog grow?, i may try this method sometime soon, wish i done it with the Cheese, at times i honestly thought the branches were gonna snap, practicaly balancing on the rim of the pots by harvest time, a scrog net would of been perfect i think
really looking forward to watching your Nev's show dude

peace
Herb
Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 PM

The big Nev is in a 20ltr pot fella, i was gonna go for the 30ltr but Herbie said the root mass didn't get that big on his and he used a 20ltr too, if you look at his thread i have basically mimicked his up until i added the scrog net, everything the same to a t.

i know what ya mean about the cheese, its good practice with her to get in there around week 5-6 and tie up every branch to the top of the tent or whatever, the thing is with cheese the yield is so unpredictable, in the same tent i got 130g's from 1 plant but another give me 80g's, all treated the same too.

I just hope i don't overdo the big Nev on the veg cos she's goona be a pain in the ass if she does get outta control.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Oh yeah i forgot to mention this and this is something i have never seen in my life, on all my stems, even my fan leaf stems i have what i can only describe as resin growing on them, it glistens all the way along in the right light. Wish i had a better camera to show it to ya's.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks View Post
Oh yeah i forgot to mention this and this is something i have never seen in my life, on all my stems, even my fan leaf stems i have what i can only describe as resin growing on them, it glistens all the way along in the right light. Wish i had a better camera to show it to ya's.
That's gotta be a great sign man, i've only ever seen that on a couple of plants before (1 plant from AfgHz x AfgSk end of last year and a plant from my previous grow), the resin build up on both those plants turned out awesome, definately a good sign stacks

peace
Herb
Old 10-04-2008, 10:35 AM

Its a great sign man, i just flicked through L33t's thread and i tell ya what m8 i don't think i'm gonna be able to contain myself waiting for 100-110 days for this beautiful plant to finish, im patient as a saint too so i won't be taking any samples to try her out, got plenty of bud to stop me from doing that.

Im a bit worried about the curl tbh with ya, hasn't started happening yet but my RH is 20-25 and my lights on temps are 28-31 and lights off 20-25, at the moment though i have 1200w on 18hrs per day which is why i have the heat build up but im hoping that when i go 12/12 next friday when the lights come on at 9pm and off at 9am im sure the temps should drop a lil, not worried about the temps though cos its always been like that, just worried about the claw.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
That's gotta be a great sign man, i've only ever seen that on a couple of plants before (1 plant from AfgHz x AfgSk end of last year and a plant from my previous grow), the resin build up on both those plants turned out awesome, definately a good sign stacks

peace
Herb
Hey Herb
Like you noticed , these plants that have so much resin early on , usually turn out to be from the most frosty plants. I had a LN female that was that extremely trichome covered and it wasnt the widow pheno

hey Stacks ,

great thread mate, the nevs seem very nice and healthy ,
Thats what I had noticed too when I ran them. Heres what I had posted about it over Herbalizors thread:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showpost....2&postcount=59

The trichome coverage is up to par with any other frosty hybrid . Great bag appeal too .

Quote:
Im a bit worried about the curl tbh with ya, hasn't started happening yet but my RH is 20-25 and my lights on temps are 28-31 and lights off 20-25, at the moment though i have 1200w on 18hrs per day which is why i have the heat build up but im hoping that when i go 12/12 next friday when the lights come on at 9pm and off at 9am im sure the temps should drop a lil, not worried about the temps though cos its always been like that, just worried about the claw.

as for the claw well to be honest if the humidity stays constantly under ~35%RH in flowering she will claw. I m sure if you keep it over 45-55% that she wont show any signs of curl. A humidifier might help if you can get one for this room.

Thanks for sharig the pics and all the info , its nice to see a Scrog run with this pheno with the wire , it may be a long ride but I believe its the end result that is worth the effort and I m really certain that she will yield very good for you looking at the pics.
Have fun and keep us updated

l33t

Last edited by L33t; 10-04-2008 at 12:09 PM.