Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
herbmister

great setup you have there mate

im pulling up my bean bag for this one
good luk
Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
as for the claw well to be honest if the humidity stays constantly under ~35%RH in flowering she will claw. I m sure if you keep it over 45-55% that she wont show any signs of curl. A humidifier might help if you can get one for this room.
Hi L33t,
that is a great tip man, i never knew that about the humidity if it's too low can cause leaf curl, i'm definately gonna buy a Temperature/Humidity meter so i can keep watch of things like this

peace
Herb
Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
Hi L33t,
that is a great tip man, i never knew that about the humidity if it's too low can cause leaf curl, i'm definately gonna buy a Temperature/Humidity meter so i can keep watch of things like this

peace
Herb
Hey Herb

you can hang one or two wet towels in the room , change once daily as they dry up and the humidity will be fine if you have probs and need a fast easy temporary solution till you get a humidifier to fight the 'dry' seasons .A grower had same curl/clawing and it helped a lot within a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbreakerx
l33t,
cheers for the towel trick, works a charm, no more curl
i'll definitely invest in a humidifier for the long run.
Clawing is usually too much Nitrogen but undewatering and too low humidity can be also a cause or one of the contributing factors to the prob.Low light levels may cause that as well with some plants like some sativas
Old 10-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Hey Herb
Like you noticed , these plants that have so much resin early on , usually turn out to be from the most frosty plants. I had a LN female that was that extremely trichome covered and it wasnt the widow pheno

hey Stacks ,

as for the claw well to be honest if the humidity stays constantly under ~35%RH in flowering she will claw. I m sure if you keep it over 45-55% that she wont show any signs of curl. A humidifier might help if you can get one for this room.
Well im hoping that in flower the RH will change, at the moment its pissin down outside and the window is open in the growroom and its still 21% RH

I put a sopping wet towel on a pot saucer in there yesterday to try and raise it but it hasn't done diddly squat, me thinks a humidifier is well in order, they had advertised in the recent Urban Grower mag so im gonna check out the link.

As for the resin glistening on all the stems, even the fan leaf stems, well as you are aware i've not even started flowering yet so to see this is leaving me with a stirring in the ol' groin area, then again it could be my hernia moving about, lol.

Quick question L33t, when is the best time to take cuts from the Nev, am i better off doing it before i go 12/12 or will it be ok to do it 2 weeks into 12/12, i know it takes a while for flowers to start forming on sat's so i shouldn't see it being a problem but i know nowt about sat's, 1st time sat grower me

Hey herb, herbmeister, glad you're all here too,

gave them a 5ltr flush a couple of days ago and up until then they had lost all vigour, i mean she looked good but when i touched the leaf there was no real strength to her, since the flush i haven't even looked at her tbh but when i inspected today she's turned real lush, leaves have greened up nicely and she looks like a healthy plant should look like

On the 10th, 12/12 will commence, just before i do ill remove the ducting and install 2 x fresh 600w Sylvania's lamps gifted to me by my boy Flumpy from over at Doc's, cheers bro

Peace & love yo

Stacks

Last edited by Stacks; 10-04-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Thumbs up Hi Stacks

Your Nev's looks Lush I've heard / read from a very Good source ,wink wink ,1.2 1.4 EC works very well , it may or may not help when you come to flower , again sorry I don't use a meter peace

MNS Wish List : NL#5Haze , G13Haze , MangoHaze IBL
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye24/7 View Post
Your Nev's looks Lush I've heard / read from a very Good source ,wink wink ,1.2 1.4 EC works very well , it may or may not help when you come to flower , again sorry I don't use a meter peace
Cheers for the advice Red, currently at 1.0ec and i did think this to be a lil low due to the size of her, she seems to be having her on and off days just like the rest of us, she looked tired and stressed so i fed her and it made her look worse, but the next day she looks a million bucks again, gonna really need to keep my eye on her. Not long now til flower which is when the hard part starts i reckon.

Thanks again Red,

Stacks
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 AM

hey stacks ,
hope all is well

With this plant I d suggest you to go with constant feeds , she doesnt seem to like any (drastic) changes really , a constant ,warm and humid, climate is what she prefers I think . So go slow on her in flowering and just respond to her needs as you go.

Looking forward to the updates , I m sure you ll get a great canopy as soon as she is flipped , she doesnt stretch much , nodes were not too far apart , and stretch period doesnt last for too long, but she puts on a lot of mass and multiplies her total size so I m sure under the net she 'll give some very good yields. Keep it up

l33t
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
hey stacks ,
hope all is well

With this plant I d suggest you to go with constant feeds , she doesnt seem to like any (drastic) changes really , a constant ,warm and humid, climate is what she prefers I think . So go slow on her in flowering and just respond to her needs as you go.

l33t
Cheers for stopping by L33t, im a lil' by what you mean by 'constant feeds' though, lol and im not even stoned

Updates with pics on Friday night everybody, will be 1st day of 12/12 and the net should be nice and filled by then hopefully
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM

looking good stacks

this'll be a challenge to grow m8 but i'm sure you're up to it

the scrog looks cool m8, i've just tried my first go at at sgroggin with some cheese...fook knows how it'll turn out lol probably another balls up

your screen looks cool though lol my wee jobbie's just bits of string across a plastic frame
Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDaze View Post
looking good stacks

this'll be a challenge to grow m8 but i'm sure you're up to it

the scrog looks cool m8, i've just tried my first go at at sgroggin with some cheese...fook knows how it'll turn out lol probably another balls up

your screen looks cool though lol my wee jobbie's just bits of string across a plastic frame
Hey buddy, good to hear from ya again

Remember i tried scrogging with the cheese but that twat killed them when i was on hol's

i know she is gonna be fussy m8, i can just tell already from the way she's behaving, just hope i can keep her alive for another 100 plus days to reap the rewards.