Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
Hi L33t,
yeah man this Nev's grow is definately gonna be a challenge, i'm prepared for it tho (i hope:), no doubt i'll be asking you, Herbalizor + Red loads of Q's about growing the Nev's over the next few Months, i think i remember reading from you guys, less nutes, less light is better for the Nev's?

peace
Herb

I thought it was less nutes, more light, lol.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM

me too

with the NH I used 75w/sqft , bit more than what most use (30-50w/sqft) , but I had them 10/14 so I had no veg and so very intense light gave some great results.
i was thinking the other day how to maximize yields without using extra electricity .
I gave it some serious thinking and I came to the conclusion that its very important to give them as much light as possible the first weeks till mid flowering till bit after all stretch has stopped , then go with less and less light as you go near harvest as its pointless using energy at those stages , it just goes wasted , so instead running 600w all the way it would be better to use 400w first 2weeks then 7-8weeks 1000watts then go 400w for last 4-5weeks, and I m sure although you will have spent same energy/electricity you will have been supplying it to the plants when they can use it the most so the yields will definitelly improve without having done anything really.

Last edited by L33t; 10-16-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Hi Stacks + L33t,
some good info there L33t, yeah less intense light being better for the Nev's was what i was meaning,
i remember Shanti mentioning this a few Months ago,
since the last update the 9th seedling pushed through the surface as well,
still got them under 2 x 20w flouros at this stage,
gonna buy an extra light next week,
probably a 600w since i'm already using a 400w, (once my wallet recovers from the shock of the money i spent on my new cam),
the new cam should be delivered in the next 5-10 days hopefully,

peace
Herb

Last edited by herb; 10-15-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
hempy

Hi all NH or any real heavy sat line dont need to much lite all i run is 40 watts max if not under that per sq ft.

I also found that it depends on the nh phino you get most dont stop stretching till well into flower even with intence lite or with out i think training the plant like tieing training even lopping is the easy part in growing them wat you need to watch is there feeding.

I found NH as in other haze hybrids some phinos love heavy feeding others like say 1/2 strength feeding then you will find some that dont want any feeding and infact will only want water but the plants will tell you as you go into flower.

This will only start in flower all in veg stage love feeding the thing you really need to do is put them directly into the size pot / bucket so on you expect them to finish in as soon as you can so the tap root heads straght down.

I loved growing NH need to do her agine soon hope you find something very special herb looking forwed in watching this.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Hi Hempy,
thanks for the info man, some really good tips there that i'll take on board for the grow,
do you think it's a good idea to multi-top NH throughout veg to try and get as many main shoots as possible? (given around maybe 4-6 weeks veg)
i was thinking of trying this to create a sort of automatic scrog (but without the net),
or would you recommend vegging for shorter amount of time and put them into flower quicker?,
I just ordered a new 400w light system today so the Nev's will have a light all to themselves (my current 1 is being used in the flowering room for NL#5xHaze),
the next pot up the plants will be going into Bio Bizz All-Mix (in 2/3 days),
I did start them off in Black Label Special Mix but decided to go back to the All-Mix,
i couldn't decide wheather to use Bio Bizz Nutes or Chem Advanced Nutrients, but ive decided to go with the Bio Bizz for the Nev's,
feel alot more confident using Bio Bizz (used Bio Bizz more than a year now),
i'm testing the Chem nutes on the NL#5xHaze at the minute so i may end up doing a Organic vs Chems if the results are good,
the plants are still under 2 x 20w Flouro's at this stage,
as soon as my new light arrives they'll get transplanted into bigger pots, then put under either the HPS or MH,
If anyone uses a Canon EOS 450D SLR please get in contact,
i'm waiting on it arriving so any tips on using it would be awesome

thanks
Herb
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM

Hi all,
plants have been under a 400w for 3 days now, also transplanted them all into 6 inch pots on the same day,
i started them all in Gold Label Special Mix but on that transplant on Saturday i've went back to using Bio Bizz All-Mix, added an extra approx 15-20% extra perlite,
the bulb they're under now is a 400w Grolux,
never used these bulbs before, got it with the new ballast and light i bought for the nev's,
here's plants #1-#4:

peace

plants #5-#7 to follow..
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM

#5-#7

#8-#9 + group shot to follow..
Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM

plant #'s 8, 9 + group shot in the growroom

peace
Herb
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM

Cool Looking all on Track