Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 08:48 AM

Default Grover's 100% organic Mr Nice Seed's Nevil's Haze from selected clone

Hello Hazers,

I have selected what I think is a superb Nevil's Haze plants. It only took me a packet to find the clone and I think it was easy to select. Go for aroma early in flowering and resin quality, again, early in flowering. This plant was head and shoulders above the others. The only other advice I have is to not waste your time growing out plants that you don't want. Concentrate on your keeper, you will save SO MUCH TIME that way.

I am going to grow it 100% organically. This means without the use of any chemicals or fertilisers and without using wasteful water filters like RO filters. Rain water is the way to go, if you can get it. I won't use perlite or vermiculite in the mud mix, either.

I will grow the plant in 100 litres of mud and add some mychorrhizae (sorry about the spelling!) but that is it. If I had some worm castings I may have used them but I don't. I am NOT going to use bat poo this time as it seems to be too much for the plant. I may try using it again but at much lower amounts. That experiment is for a later grow.

I am not going to use Dutch mud as this seems to be of poor quality and VERY expensive. It has high levels of perlite and seems to be very strong on the feed side. I feel this upsets a lot of my plants and was wondering why for a while until I realised. I then tried Light Mix but that was terrible for the opposite reason. My Master Kaze selection has gone yellow REALLY early on in the grow, damn it.

After research, I think that Levington's John Innes No 3 or Levington's multi-purpose or Miracle Gro Expand 'n Grow are the ones to try. MUCH cheaper, MUCH better. Why am I spending so much on MUD?!?

100 litres should last for many weeks of healthy flowering.

I will try to cut the crap and make this is purely a grow journal, to help others with this plant.

Many Thanks for taking the time to read.

Please ask me any questions, even Troll away, I won't rise to it this time (I hope!)

I know many are scared of this plant but I think more should try it. It doesn't have to be an 18 week slog followed by months of smoking hay!! It shouldn't take 100 females to find something nice.

I hope this grow goes well and de-mystifies this plant for many (also because I will be smoking the results!!!!!)

The clone I selected was from a packet of Mr Nice Seeds and not some clone I have been gifted by Nevil in the early 90s or Shanti's favourite selection or any other pre-Mr Nice stuff. This is the plant you will be growing, should you purchase the seeds.

Grover Sativa (The Grey Man)

Last edited by The Grey Man; 08-20-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 AM

Soon im binning everything and trying again with nevils haze .last time i killed the saved keeper ...i now know what to look for ,i had a thia pure haze 4 months in waves of flowering and a spear type with incense smell which would not fade .
Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeace View Post
Soon im binning everything and trying again with nevils haze .last time i killed the saved keeper ...i now know what to look for ,i had a thia pure haze 4 months in waves of flowering and a spear type with incense smell which would not fade .
sounds fantastic
Old 08-19-2014, 06:33 PM

here is the Nev's cut.

I put her in 12/12 on Friday night so I guess she is on day 4...

I now she has perlite in the soil but I had a tiny bit of Dutch mud left over so I used it for the 7.5 litre pot stage. Should be OK. There is NO perlite in the 100 litre pot..

The plant has grown a lot in the few days she has been in this garden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nev1.jpg (844.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nev2.jpg (857.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Default cheers mate

pulling up a.chair
Old 08-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeace View Post
Is that you, hempy? How you been, man?

Grover, good luck with your keeper NH. The four NH I got goin outdoors right now are only just starting to flower...I think they are all gonna be some giants (well, at least for 20 gallon pots) with one of them currently around 10' from tip to tail and the smallest at around 6' in height and almost as wide.

I'm really curious to see how that keeper performs for you. Keep us posted, please!

HB.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
Is that you, hempy? How you been, man?

Grover, good luck with your keeper NH. The four NH I got goin outdoors right now are only just starting to flower...I think they are all gonna be some giants (well, at least for 20 gallon pots) with one of them currently around 10' from tip to tail and the smallest at around 6' in height and almost as wide.

I'm really curious to see how that keeper performs for you. Keep us posted, please!

HB.
Good Luck with those Hempers, I wish I could do this strain outdoors but alas!

The plant is growing vigorously now. Her roots have hit the edges of the pot so it is time to repot her into her final pot, a tub which just about fits 100litres. I have put as much soil in as I can fit (an unfilled pot is a wasted opportunity..) I have managed just over 90 litres of new soil, which, added to the 7.5 litres that the plant is already in, makes 100litres of soil.
This soil is slightly enriched so it should provide food for the plant right to the last weeks of the grow, 11 or 12 weeks, I hope, which should leave a fairly flushed soil for the last 2 weeks of flowering (I hope, let's see how it goes..)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:01 AM

here's some photos of the process:

The bucket is labelled as a 76 litre but that is to the line. To the brim is about 100 litres.

I haven't used this mud before but have been told it works well. Let's see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Empty pot2.jpg (848.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg empty pot.jpg (857.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:04 AM

92.5 litres of mud + 7.5 litres already in small pot is 100 litres
Attached Images
File Type: jpg repot.jpg (853.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg repot3.jpg (847.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 AM

removing the smaller pot (with plant) leaves the perfect shaped hole for the plant to go into
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hole.jpg (853.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg nev'sAbove.jpg (847.4 KB, 5 views)