Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 12:14 AM

water the plant well, so that the mycorrhizae granules stick to the sides and don't just fall off, remove the plant from the small pot and then sprinkle the granules all around the old soil (where the roots are) and around and in the new hole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg granules.jpg (855.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg granules1.jpg (827.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg repot2.jpg (853.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 AM

carefully place the plant in her new, perfectly sized, hole, get her straight and sprinkle more granules around the base of the plant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nev'sRepot3.jpg (854.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:18 AM

the plant won't need any supporting for a while but it's best to get the canes in now, whilst there are no roots to damage in the edges of the new pot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nev'sRepot.jpg (846.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 AM

water the plant well and your done. Here is a before and after. The lights go off just 10 minutes after the plant was returned to the flowering room, so she can have the whole evening to get over the transplant shock. You can see her leaves are drooping slightly. She will be fine by tomorrow morning.
So far this plant has only been watered with plain rain water - no feed or nutrients at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nev's.jpg (845.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Nev's2.jpg (845.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Nev'sRepot2.jpg (856.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM

DAY 24
=====

They are just starting to flower. The fun starts now!
Still growing, though...the vegetative vigour is fantastic.
You can see that the space between internodes is large.
The flowers have arrived very quickly for this variety. This is partly why I liked this plant.
The plant is now around 5ft.
She has still only received rain water. You can see that she is still extremely healthy and has no deficiencies whatsoever and no sign of over-fertilising (unlike with Dutch branded soils...)
This is a happy plant.
You can see that although she is potted in 100 litres of soil, the plant's branches are still much wider than the pot. I have not lost any space using large pots of soil than I would have using smaller pots (such as the 35 litres I used to use..)
In one photo there is a mobile phone at the base of the stem so you can see the relative size of the plant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowerstart-A.jpg (836.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg flowerstart-B.jpg (841.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg flowerstart-C.jpg (858.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg flowerstart-D.jpg (857.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg flowerstart-Mobile.jpg (842.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by The Grey Man; 09-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:56 AM

hi the grey man,
24 days , and they already start flowering,really good,
really nice grow
Old 09-07-2014, 12:12 PM

I've grown a few runs of NH and I'm anxious to see you do this strain up right. How long of a bloom cycle is this pheno? I love the incense aroma, it's my favorite smoke.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la resistance verte View Post
hi the grey man,
24 days , and they already start flowering,really good,
really nice grow
Thanks LRV - yes, 24 is a fantastic start. Some of these plants took 6 weeks to get going. The NL genetics are really helping in this particular plant.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhandle View Post
I've grown a few runs of NH and I'm anxious to see you do this strain up right. How long of a bloom cycle is this pheno? I love the incense aroma, it's my favorite smoke.
I'll try not to let you down, Shovelhandle!

With a start like the one this girl gets I would say just 12 - 14 weeks.

This one smells like turpentine and electricity, with a little fruit, maybe like ripe mango and citrus, somewhere in the mix.

Last edited by The Grey Man; 09-10-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Yo Grover dude that's the shits bomb, I have been reading this and its amazing got me really thinking about the organic side of things. As a novice i have never really thought about not using ferts and chems as i am not in to harsh chemicals or fertilizes so thanks mate i keep that in mind.

Just a few question's mate. You used miracle gro soil dose that still come under the "organic" side of things bit obvious i no your saying 100% so it is right ? Any ferts ? just got me a bit confused just because i always fort miracle gro has strong ferts bit of the "rocker fuel" type ? I no this is the soil not the actual miracle gro feed but i still fort that it would have some sort of strong feed in there.

And you mentioned your not using a waste full water filters like RO i always fort that was the way to go but rain water, might be a bit stupid but what ph is rain water ? Dose it come down to where you are on the globe, i no there's a bit to it carbon dioxide reacts with it to make it to a ph around 5 to 6 right ? and if pH is below 7, the water is acidic and if above 7 it is alkaline ? I live in England like your self so plenty of rain. What`s the ph of the water you collect ? So would you advice a RO for me or to collect rain water ?

They look good man day 23 and have they have only received rain water go's to show that it works they look healthy and there a nice size how tall will they get in total will they be larger because of the large spaces between internodes as well ? Will this method reduce yield ? What will they produce in dry weight ?

But loving you work mate keep it up. sorry as well bit high so if any mistakes my bad peace.