Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM

1/3rd of the way through...

the aroma has transferred to the taste OK. The buds need a cure, no doubt, but the taste is great.

The smoke made me choke. An absolute pre-requisite to great weed. If you don't cough you won't get off.

Maybe I'll come back to the rest of that joint....
Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Man View Post
The smoke made me choke. An absolute pre-requisite to great weed. If you don't cough you won't get off.
Why do people say this??? No offence but it's rubbish. It has no scientific basis at all and all the best weed I've ever smoked has been deceptively smooth. That's the killer stuff. The mild citrus sativa that you can hardly taste and don't realise it has changed your day till too late.

There are strains from Lao and Thailand that have been bred for hundreds of years to be mild and pleasant in flavour especially for smoking.

I simply don't believe it and it does the whole industry a dis-service because breeders should be breeding for smokeability but they don't because the consumers don't seem to know any better.

No wonder the marketplace is full of so much rubbish.

scrubdog
Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 PM

No piling on, I promise but I like my weed smooth as well. That's one of the "sativa" traits I look for

damn you for not being a carbon copy of me I do say "cough to get off" when I'm cough, but it's not a conscious marketing move on my part

excellent as per usual ya'll
Old 07-31-2014, 03:42 AM

Last edited by Dawn; 07-31-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:33 AM

I suspect you are right. The grey man depends on language to convey the humor, whereas I depend on emoticons for emphasis You need to use broad stokes

Last edited by PlantManBee; 07-31-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:03 AM

Nice to hear you found some good smoke out of this grow, grover.

Got any dried bud pics you care to share, mon frere?

HB.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubdog View Post
Why do people say this??? No offence but it's rubbish. It has no scientific basis at all and all the best weed I've ever smoked has been deceptively smooth. That's the killer stuff. The mild citrus sativa that you can hardly taste and don't realise it has changed your day till too late.scrubdog
People say it because it is true, nay sayer.

and funny but I have heard some science behind it. Not sure I believe the science I've heard, though, but it is out there. All manner of stuff from increased blood pressure to oxygen levels in the brain.. who knows?

How do you know that there is no scientific basis to my statement? Have you actually DONE the experiments? Are you a scientist at all? Or a moody old stoner?

The thing is that I don't feel the need to call on a scientific study every time I make an assertion.

Why did I say it? Because in my 25 years of smoking it is what I have noticed. It is MY OPINION and I am free to state it. Whether it is imagined or not, on my part, who knows?

As for the "no offence" well I have taken offence. Don't tell me that my opinions are rubbish. I should be able to state an opinion without having it rubbished by people who have no more scientific basis to object to it than I have to make it in the first place.

My opinions are as valid as yours. And they don't always need a scientific proving before I air them.

If you don't agree then say so without telling me that what I say is "rubbish" because we have all spouted plenty of shit in our time. You included, no doubts.

Last edited by The Grey Man; 07-31-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Have non of you never noticed that you are markedly more stoned after a coughing fit than before? No? I simply don't believe you.

I have.

There was no humour meant.

Maybe it is just me.

Plus, Smooth weed? Ugh. You mean dull and boring smoke, right?

Tickly weed is MUCH BETTER. I prefer resin on my buds, thank you.

And the people who think that sativas aren't or shouldn't be as resiny as indicas are talking sheet. I have seen sativas with so much resin they look like they could choke themselves.

I'm not saying that you can't get stoned off smooth weed...I'm saying that all other things being equal, you get MORE STONED off tickly weed. I'm even saying that if you smoke THE SAME WEED but have a coughing fit halfway through you get more stoned. Don't know why, just what I noticed.

That is my opinion and if you have a different opinion then good for you. But you are wrong. [obviously]
Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM

In fact, any opinions which contravene any of my own are all rubbish. Especially when groaned out by an gnarled and grizzly old moaning smoker who roams around looking for a row instead of adding positivity to any debate.

And there are plenty of them around. Including me.

Last edited by The Grey Man; 07-31-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM

Oh and feel free to agree with stuff, too.

The internet isn't just for fighting, you know.

Plus, smooth weed? Really? Like air? or a Silk Cut Ultra? Please...