Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM

also, what happened to saying the haze grows better away from the light, on the edge of the grow room, now we need to flood the plant with multiple lights ?

which is it ?

i plan on a big haze run come spring and id like an answer before then as it cant be both

ill be doing NH, NH/Mango, the cure, and skunk haze
Old 11-30-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowser View Post
the haze grows better away from the light, on the edge of the grow room, now we need to flood the plant with multiple lights ?
Yes, it is both the same principle; you want to reduce the electrical stress.

I hope FX can do a better job explaining that than I did here.
What makes the NH and sativa's in general so “difficult” indoors is the high VPG.
There are many ways to make it easier once you understand that well.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleblower View Post
Yes, it is both the same principle; you want to reduce the electrical stress.

I hope FX can do a better job explaining that than I did here.
What makes the NH and sativa's in general so “difficult” indoors is the high VPG.
There are many ways to make it easier once you understand that well.
been growing sativas indoors since before we could get our hands on indica seeds

im not interested in the conspiracy thread sorry, it just doesnt fit my growing style/conditions/environment

just wanting a better explanation on lighting these mns haze plants as NO it can not be both ways, yet we have been told both recently

Old 11-30-2014, 09:32 PM

As for lighting, just keep the bulbs far burther away than you would your typical hybrids or indie doms. The idea that closer to the buds equals bigger buds is not the case with sativa dom hazes. Keep it way up. Think about the sun in the tropics in the summer. The sun is killing the plants, so it develops these very very thin long narrow leaves to cope. Indoors likewise, keep the bulbs up high, this will help the plant stay healthy and transpire at a slower pace.

Im sure Yosemite Sam can further help clue us in on how to grow haze indoors properly. I suggest you all look thru his pics/threads.

Bless up.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:32 AM

Well this is a really interesting thread, it started out celebrating Nevilles Haze and ended up calling it Nevilles Hay.

I'm somewhat humbled by the level of experience on this board and i consider Grey Man to be one of the better growers and solid supporters of MNS.

I may never grow Nevilles Haze, partly because of this thread but ultimately because.
  1. I get totally shit faced on the MNS stuff I have grown
  2. I don't own or have access to the best of the best of growing mediums, lights, climate control etc.
  3. I get totally shit face on ... oh I said that already
  4. Grail Widow is hazey enough for me, very much a head high and I know my skills are amateur
  5. I learned a LOT from grail widow, the first 8 I totally fucked up because my soil wasn't right, the second 8 were better, my pick was a fine lady that gave me lots of potent bud and also proved that growing conditions for these high end hazes is key. Everything is critical.
  6. I got great plants from a dreamtime pack, and I was amazed to find a plant that I didn't like, taste, effect, smell. I didn't think that was possible, now I understand that this was a haze harvested way too early.
Best plant yet was an NHS girl, grown outdoors, I really thought she was a runt when first planted but later I sat in her shade, and now I can't afford to smoke her if I'm around 'normal' humans.

So a good read, a great grower and a whole lot of reality.

I hope greyman's next grow is awesome, he seem like a decent dude and I respect his honesty in this matter.

It's worth noting also that I have had uncontrolled giggles from MNS genetics but that is more situation dependant (shovelling snow with my daughter, I almost died laughing) not so much the herb, than the moment. It was different when I was 18.

Not sure what exactly I'm trying to say, drank too much, haven't smoked in days, looking forward to some MNS hay!

Dreamtime 2013
Grail Widow Test
My First Scrog
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnflowers View Post
I may never grow Nevilles Haze
Once you know how to grow barnflowers you can grow anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowser View Post
im not interested in the conspiracy thread
Thanks for the compliment, but to be fair the whole conspiracy theory was made up by the director of the botanical garden at the TU Delft, based on Joules laws and real life tests.

What kills plants is moisture most of all.
Outdoors in case leave tips burn that will always happen in autumn, not in summer (assuming normal weather).
Most of the damage is done when the sun isn't even up, but when temperature differences cause moisture. When the vertical potential gradient gets so high it causes the burning of the leave tips.
Indoors our sativa's are literally spraying and burning during the dark period, (again) like this:

This must be the single biggest problem indoor sativa growers have.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Really appreciate your input in this thread Bubbleblower. It's honest, informative, open threads like these that separate MNS from the other seed companies. as long as there's intelligent respectful exchanges taking place between educated, experienced individuals I feel like we are all "growing" as people. Thanks for the thread Grover.

M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Nevils haze is and always will be great herb when selected correctly it took me 15 females to find a keeper and about 3 runs at that!!! It's that skittles type of fruit funk ur looking for!! It's in there but frustrating to find for sure!

Not sure bout this "genetic drift" sounds like a load of shit! Might it be that our perceptions may have just changed over time?
Old 12-04-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
Nevils haze is and always will be great herb when selected correctly it took me 15 females to find a keeper and about 3 runs at that!!! It's that skittles type of fruit funk ur looking for!! It's in there but frustrating to find for sure!

Not sure bout this "genetic drift" sounds like a load of shit! Might it be that our perceptions may have just changed over time?
Skittles flavor in the Nev's Haze? I want that one. I found what I thought was a good one in one pack... Now I realize I've been cheated! How dare MNS sell me a pack of seed with one really awesome plant that I thought was a keeper and then I find out there are Skittles phenos! Foul! How many seeds does it take to find one? How heartless can Shanti be? Preying off of the hopes and dreams of poor growers worldwide, all desperate to find the alleged next best candy flavored elusive pheno. Oh, the humanity! There isn't even a skittles pheno mentioned anywhere in the strain description. I thought my cedary terpentine pheno was exceptional, now I know I was living a lie. A lie that MNS was only to happy to let me believe... A conspiracy indeed! A conspiracy of dankness and a bottneck of quality, ha ha.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Nevils haze is an F1 of NLhaze x haze ...

haze was and still is a polyhybrid so never truelly stabilized.

nope on both

nh aint a f1, its a bx

haze was far beyond f8 inbred when it came to europe = stabilized