Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 03:41 AM

Not sure what you disagree on. I read through your thread, it's got great information and I enjoy reading it, because we are close to the same fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deran View Post
really, its about the cannbinoid profile, not about the percents
Exactly and also about the terpenoid profile, that's why it is so important not to burn your plants.
What we smell is significantly more influential on our moods and emotions than any other sense.
Aromas trigger memories >> memories influence emotions >> emotions set moods.

The best smokes ever (Thai from 82 is a great example) also have the best taste ever. The nose really knows.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:33 PM

hi,

im a little surprised of what was said in this thread, firstly nevils haze is not a easy strain to grow and need to be harvested at maturity, when i hear nevils haze was harvested at 8-9 weeks im surprised, nevils is not skunk, so harvesting skunk at 8-9 weeks is ok but nevils haze ? definitly not. and secondly, like lots of long flowering sativas or Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) like we say now, it needs more care and attention and often less nutrients, you dont want to ruin the taste of these fine ladies, and it needs a good cure too.

Nevils haze is an F1 of NLhaze x haze, its well known that to find a "holy grail" phenotype in original haze require lots of seeds, 30 seeds is a minimum to test a strain but with original haze you have better chance if you grow a minimum of 50 seeds, i think with nevils haze 50 seeds is a minimum too, so dont be surprised to not find what you want in 10 seeds. a holy grail keeper in every packet of seeds ? we all will be kings of breeding dont you think ?

haze was and still is a polyhybrid so never truelly stabilized.

because all of that, original haze and nevils haze are not easy strains for the small indoor grower, others haze hybrids like the ones shantibaba offers are better choices.

we all wish to find a killer phenotype but the truth is that some strains need heavy selection and it cant be done without growing a "high number" of seeds, end of story, but you never know with a little chance you could find this killer phenotype in one pack but its like playing a lottery, specially with haze. 50 seeds is my standart, grow 50 seeds of each strain you want and you will have lots of fun and reward.

Last edited by Sirius; 11-29-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:36 AM

There should be a keeper in every pack. Simple.

If that means more seeds per pack then so be it.

If it takes multiple packs to find a keeper then what is the difference between a "breeder" and a "pollen chucker"?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:23 AM

Hi,i grew nevshaze a while back.One was proper 4months to flower.hay was there i dont like hay.it costs me money to grow seeds and get little return in bud.ive noticed that a lot of plants from europe resemble the same garbage are they al contracted by
Fliowery fields in austria .sannies gear and many others look like the same hands have made them ,they all have the same structures.garbage phenos.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:30 AM

To mns.most growers are small one light with a cupboard or tent how can we plant 50 seeds .PLEASE remember the small guy we are all not big american LEGAL growers .i fear the dyspencerys are like the corprate brewarys.Mafia.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 AM

well i think nevils haze or original haze are poor choices of strains if you only grow under one light, better choices will be afghan haze, super silver haze, angels breath, angel heart, mango haze. you can grow two packs of mr nice seeds haze hybrids under one 600W hps lamp, im sure with these haze hybrids you will find one excellent phenotype or more but again nevils haze or original haze are not the best choices unless you search in a hunt with multiple harvests from seeds, thats why mr nice offers haze hybrids i think, easier strains, shorter flowering times, better phenotypes more stabilized with good yield. ask you the question why no breeders offers pure haze or close to pure haze like nevils haze stabilized ? because its very hard work to stabilize these lines, as i said before haze was and still is a polyhybrid, i can imagine how heterogenous a nevils haze F2 will be, good luck to find the right mating and we are not living in a world where big grow of 10 000 plants progeny test is possible, at least not in europe. a breeder like tom hill offers original haze thats he try to improve but still the line needs a real hunt and have a low ratio of killer phenotype.

maybe growers are upset to not find what they want in one pack or haze but growers must face the reality i think, if you have only one light, grow a haze hybrids or spend a year to find an holy grail phenotype on multiples growing sessions, when you find what you want make mother of it and you will have your holy grail for life. its easy to judge and to speak as a consumer/customer but we are not in a legal business yet and breeders still have to hyde to bred. sativa breeding is harder than indica breeding we have to be aware of this too.

Last edited by Sirius; 11-30-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:01 PM

The first time one of these massive 502 grows in WA does 10000 NH from seed a game changing winner will be found. Of course that company will probably lose their ass but sacrifices must be made I suppose. Has Shanti ever done a 10000 plant haze grow? If he does one in WA it will be inside and or well above the 45th parallel, not necessarily good for breeding equitorial NLD strains. I'm sure in a couple years all the current gear will be renamed, reselected and recombined. If that doesn't happen I will be very surprised. Or it may be that stuff keeps the same name and just gets way better. Now that 10000 plant grows are the norm I don't see how these breeding programs can fail.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:36 PM

HI,

who can really afford growing 50 females to find a keeper if in the end you can't use the 49 other females??
I mean, it is completely surrealist for a small grower in his tent and for big legal growers/cash croppers
it is an enormous amount of money they don't get just to find "maybe" a good plant.
All this being said, to let the small growers who are purchasing NH 115€ thinking they will find a keeper
in their pack is not very correct imo... same with using the growers mistakes as an explanation everytime there is a complaint.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:02 PM

Well what else would you attribute it to but grower error when countless others have had no problems at all when knowing how to grow NH properly and do so.

Seems the negative complaints like to stand out more, but i can guarantee that there are plenty of others with no complaints at all, when the seeds even coming from the same batch. So the main parameter that changes from a stellar grow to a sad one is the grower.

That said, there are countless other seedbanks who guarantee a keeper in every pack of every strain they sell. This is hardly ever the case and if you believe this you have alot to learn. Please excuse Mr Nice Seeds in relaying the truth in a real growers experience. Most packs should give you a keeper, but to find a GEM you have to do selection. You are also given male plants so you can further expand and search for your GEM within a line. Mr Nice Seeds is also quite clear in stating that growing NH is only for the most advanced of growers, and plenty of things will affect your quality, like chopping early, light stress in unpruned lower areas, bringing the lamp too close in an almost pure sativa, cutting less than 10 weeks, etc....

If you only have one lamp, im not sure NH is the plant for you. The plant will easily reach 5 meters in height if given the chance, so consider that a small 1m x 1m space will hardly allow the plant to develop to its full potential.

For what its worth ive passed on the recent suggestions to the Boss; expect his input here at some point soon. Also, NH is not the truest gem in our lineup, but is MHz. Grow out just a single pack of MHz, you may even find plants better than Shanti´s selected MHz. That is the best genetics we have to offer, IMO.

For those who are considering moving forward from the MNS experience, please keep in mind however that in many or most cases you will only be purchasing watered down MNS provenance. Theres a reason so many people turn to MNS, for the legendary building blocks of modern cannabis.

Bless up

Old 11-30-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post
If you only have one lamp, im not sure NH is the plant for you. The plant will easily reach 5 meters in height if given the chance, so consider that a small 1m x 1m space will hardly allow the plant to develop to its full potential.
Well, it is indeed a very interesting point but I still can't find this part in the strain description.
That's clearly something to consider when comes the time to pick a strain so if some growers are getting bad results
it is not completely due to their lack of experience or errors... but the lack of specifications has a part of responsabilities too.
The recommendations say "it is a strain for experienced to the most advanced growers" and not "to get good results you need a lab or a warehouse with a ton of lamps"
which is completely different imo...

Last edited by Ptit Joe; 11-30-2014 at 06:27 PM.