MNS Forums

MNS Forums (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/)
-   Neville's Haze (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nevilles-haze/)
-   -   Nevil's Haze Indoors (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nevilles-haze/11989-nevils-haze-indoors.html)

Pantagruelion 11-15-2013 08:32 AM

Nevil's Haze Indoors

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a pack of these at the Seattle cup. Tiny little white seeds. Ten in a corked vial stuffed with cotton. Had I been able to inspect them prior to purchase I would have requested better looking seed. You know mature dark or light colored seed. I'm not whining just saying. I think we all know what a happy healthy bean looks like.....100% germination so what ever. Put in rockwool on October 22nd. They were all up in 5 days. Good enough for me. I'm stoked

Shovelhandle 11-15-2013 02:19 PM

yup, haze seeds always seem so tiny. I find some hybrids I produce have seeds small and large. I bet the tiny seeds would grow out to be sativa dominant and the larger beans on the other side of the mix.

Good Luck!

r543 11-18-2013 08:28 PM

Interested in seeing how this turns out. Saw you had some algae on ur blocks already. Every seen a Cube Cap?

Pantagruelion 11-19-2013 08:40 AM

Lazy scum

1 Attachment(s)
Got a couple hundred a few feet away. Lazy pot farmer, no donut. Maybe tomorrow I'll slap em on, or maybe the next day. I've got some bowling to do and some White Russians to drink, man. Besides that algae really ties the room together.

pcragz 11-19-2013 10:42 AM

hi
algea does not do much harm - some say it steals nutrients, but it needs very little nutes to live as I understand it - others may disagree ?

Lazy farmer lol :D
Ive been a lazy Buddhist for years LOL

Pantagruelion 11-19-2013 06:51 PM

Don't panic it's organic

1 Attachment(s)
Fungus gnats eat it too. So it attracts those little bastards. Not good. I'm gonna slap those caps on today. Usually I just wallow in my own laziness but with a public grow ya get called out. I'm shamed into complying. I know better. That's not a bad thing. If peers review then I want to impress or at least not disappoint or even disgust. Here's my obligatory breeder pack photo for provenance. Unless D at the cup horns waggled me. I doubt that since he gave me a business card and suggested I call anytime for assistance or seed. My own personal MNS seed genie. I gotta force myself to keep from calling and buying more seed. I'm addicted to acquiring seed it seems.

arpege 11-19-2013 09:55 PM

Good luck with the grow I have one female going and at 9 weeks is just starting to put on some flowers. Interested to see your selection.

Pantagruelion 11-20-2013 06:35 AM

Covered blocks

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my freshly covered blocks. I couldn't withstand the guilt. My Mama always says " boy, you best cover them blocks." She was right.

Pantagruelion 11-26-2013 08:45 AM

Neville's haze still on 24 hrs

1 Attachment(s)
Still on 24 hrs but on the transition feeding for the next two weeks. Basically half vegetative high nitrogen feed and half bloom high phosphorous feed. Botanicare Pure Blend Pro. After I took this photo the Hazes were separated into their own square meter tray with a 600wt HPS. They are still next to a 600wt ushio opti blue conversion bulb so it's getting a nice mix. They are half the height of the Cambodian and Thai seedlings that they have been hanging with. Still exhibiting sativa like growth just not super stretchy, yet.

Pantagruelion 12-08-2013 08:03 AM

Ready to roll

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Neville's Haze. Filling up that meter nicely. Will begin 12/12 photoperiod at the end of this week. Will transplant to 3 gallon square Italian rose pot.

DertsyBoy 12-08-2013 03:43 PM

Nice looking plants. Just hoping you have the room to deal with the expansive growth that is about to follow once you make the flip. :D

Pantagruelion 12-08-2013 04:42 PM

I'm good on room.

1 Attachment(s)
I've got 32 meters total. I think I will be just fine. Just gotta harvest some herb soon to make it. Here's six meters of Hashplant F1, ATF and the Plastic( G-13 Haze x Banana Kush. Don't know the Hashplant story. Cost $100 at a clone shop in Seattle. They had an Afghani #1 for $200. Crazy shit.

Pantagruelion 12-08-2013 05:04 PM

Here's some more potential space

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot to mention DNAs Pure Afghan. It's second from the end in the first photo. Here are the Pink Panther x Lemon Skunks and Thin Mint on the end. This room has 24 square meters with one 600wt HPS per meter. I usually have one plant per square meter. This room also contains Blue Magoo, Og#18x Skunk x KGDP, KGDP, Shit(cut from a shop, PM susceptible.) ,two G-13 cuts( labeled a and b from a clone shop in Seattle) and three different UW cuts(UWcirca79', 82' UW Purple and 84' UW Black). This is what commercial has become in Washington state.

DertsyBoy 12-08-2013 05:43 PM

These pictures give a much better idea of the size of the room!

Pantagruelion 12-08-2013 06:59 PM

Rooms

The big room is twenty by twenty. Twelve, two meter trays in rows of three. Four, six meter rows. Two rows of six meters together in the middle. Takes advantage of cross lighting while still allowing maintenance. The other room( Sativa Zone) is ten by twenty. One row of five square meters parallel to another row of four meters. I guess I have 33 square meters of HID plus two meters in a tent with t5s. An employee sent me those photos. When I get home I'll try to take more photos from a better angle so you can see the whole room.

toolwrenchus 12-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantagruelion (Post 194190)
The other room( Sativa Zone)....

love it. hell yea! :D:D:D

Pantagruelion 12-12-2013 06:08 AM

Sexed

Four females out of ten Neville's Haze. Sweet. Gonna start flowering at the end of the week. Kept two sort of green mango cedar smelling males. Just rubbed the stems and checked out the terpenes. Did a double monkey nose consensus test. Very advanced scientific technique. Only quicker way to find a good male is to use a time machine and progeny test.

Pantagruelion 12-18-2013 06:42 PM

12/12 yesterday 12/17/13

1 Attachment(s)
They look more Sativa than the Ortegas of course. They look more like Indicas than the South East Asians they are near. Still fairly unexciting at this stage.

Pantagruelion 12-28-2013 04:20 PM

No flowers to speak of.

Slow floral development early on compared to nearby Indicas. That is to be expected with a long flowering Haze hybrid. The largest subject has been bent completely over and is occupying its own two square meter tray with 2 600wt HPS lights.... And it only has a few pistils. Of the four, this one is particularly long and lanky. By that I mean over four feet tall and two and a half feet wide. The nodes aren't overly spaced either. Conifer tree profile. Her siblings look very similar in regards to shape and vary only in heighth. Mostly around three foot tall. All are bent and spread on a horizontal trellis. Nothing all that exciting yet, almost two weeks off the clock and moving right along. I've got some of the best pot EVER and all I had to do is plant the seeds and wait. No cult or political affiliation required unlike the seemingly global elite clone hype renaming scam.

Pantagruelion 01-06-2014 12:58 AM

Still no floral growth

Plants are growing well but developing slowly. The Ortegas that I planted and flowered at the same time already have lots of calyxes and pistils. The Neville's Haze has a couple pistils here and there. Good things come to those who wait...

Pantagruelion 01-26-2014 01:51 AM

Chugging right along

These Sativa beauties are rocking and shocking. Couple more months or so, ha. I look across the isle at the Ortegas that were flipped at the same time and laugh. They are done now but I'm giving them two more weeks. They are also 1/4th of the size as the hazes. The smells are all fairly similar on the haze. One smells identical to the cough cut and/or laughing Buddha(thaixjamaican) from Barney's farm. The others are a mix of that and my Bangkok f2, both of which have similar terpene profiles. So my thinking is the Neville's traits that we like are thai. Just my opinion based on my limited Sativa experience. Haze slightly demystified.

Pantagruelion 01-26-2014 02:26 AM

Pollinated too.

Hit each of the four haze females with some pollen from Patong. Should be a fun one to run. Right now the four hazes are spread out on 6 meters of trellis under six 600 watt HPS. Ushio red HPS and ushio opti blu 600 watt halide conversion bulbs alternating. They are happy

Pantagruelion 02-01-2014 06:13 PM

Coming along nicely.

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the most Indica looking and therefore most NLish of the four. Most development as well. Looks to be weeks ahead of its siblings. Best pot ever? Hmmm? Really? How many plants does the average grower plant of these to find a good one? I'm thinking yield will definetly make the flowering length economically viable. Don't see Neville's Haze in the shops here so maybe it will sell well too.

Pantagruelion 02-01-2014 06:39 PM

And another...

1 Attachment(s)
What I consider to be a much more Sativa looking individual. She has very similar structure, floral development and odor that some of my Thai samples exhibit. So similar in fact, I believe that the haze from skunkman was just some sort of south East Asian Sativa. More than likely Thai if you look at the timeline. That's just my hunch of course. My ground level perspective standing next to the actual plants aquired from the actual sources. Not mixed with any California Hustle.

Shovelhandle 02-01-2014 07:00 PM

Nice. NH is my favorite and I know the one I like when I smoke it.

Pantagruelion 02-01-2014 09:25 PM

Hey shovel handle,

What phenotype is your favorite? The earlier flowering or later flowering? How does it taste and smell? Anything to compare or is it ineffable? I'm hoping I have something nice. Wow you can really notice the different bulb color in those photos. I love those ushio opti blu conversions.

Shovelhandle 02-01-2014 09:31 PM

I liked the later, scraggly looking pheno for it's smell. At least my plant was scraggly. The taste is mild and the after aroma is frankincense. All the plants tasted mild and had a great buzz. Complete body and mind high, long lasting and a high ceiling.

Pantagruelion 02-01-2014 10:00 PM

Scraggly?

I love that. It's one of my favorite adjectives. I'm gonna have to teach that word to my children. Can't let it die out. Two of the four are scraggly with one more wider leaved and dense and another that is mostly scraggly. Hopefully I'll have a gaggle o' scraggle!

Pantagruelion 02-14-2014 03:13 PM

The haze are developing nicely. Except for one. It's the total thai pheno. It will go till the fat lady sings. The NL leaner( for lack of a better name) is starting to really look resinous and the flowers are tightening up. This one has got me stoked. I'm actually excited about it. I'm hoping there is a basis in reality for all of the mythology surrounding this strain.

Jimmy The Gent 02-14-2014 03:29 PM

32 metres?!?!

Im so freaking jealous!!!

Sweet garden thanks for sharing:D

Pantagruelion 02-19-2014 01:39 AM

The most advanced Neville's Haze is developing nicely. The sweeter thai like aroma is changing into a more offensive fecal sort of odor. Much like Kali mist from serious seeds or the old dogshit clone on the west coast. Vaguely dog poohey. In a good way if that is possible. Very complex. Buds on the developed one are about 4inches by 2 inches and are cylindrical. This shit probably won't sell well in a market setting as its not what most shop goers buy. They want og. What a pity. I can grow all that I want. This is an entirely different animal, can't wait to smoke it. I like it.

Jimmy The Gent 02-19-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantagruelion (Post 197909)
The most advanced Neville's Haze is developing nicely. The sweeter thai like aroma is changing into a more offensive fecal sort of odor. Much like Kali mist from serious seeds or the old dogshit clone on the west coast. Vaguely dog poohey. In a good way if that is possible. Very complex. Buds on the developed one are about 4inches by 2 inches and are cylindrical. This shit probably won't sell well in a market setting as its not what most shop goers buy. They want og. What a pity. I can grow all that I want. This is an entirely different animal, can't wait to smoke it. I like it.

Only in the canna world you will hear this kind of talk

" dude these flowers smell like diarrhoea mixed with burning diesel and then stuffed in a dead hippys hairy armpits"

"Oh serious bro give me a whiff. ( deep inhale) Mmmm thats soooo good!!!"

Love your work pants.

peace.

Pantagruelion 02-19-2014 06:50 PM

Is it wrong of me to want to take just a little of this Neville's Haze early and oven cure it, just for a little taste? I know the answer. It's wrong. Sacrilege more than likely. I won't do it. I'll fight the urge. I haven't felt this way about a plant in 10 yrs. It possesses a certain level of alluring complexity that I find compelling. This shit better be strong....

Pantagruelion 02-26-2014 06:25 PM

Finally labeled the Neville's Haze yesterday. Assigned numbers 1-4 based on level of development. #1 should be more than done at the 12th week of 12/12. This plant is the one that has me drooling. It will easily be a keeper and will be used to screen out two meter areas. This plant will help me to keep my numbers in accordance with state law and love it. #2 should be done around the 14 week mark. #3 around the16 week of 12/12. #4 will be done right about the time pigs fly or right after hell freezes over. Not a second sooner. #2-4 are pretty much all similar thai style flowering structures and terpene profiles with varying levels of development. My latest Thai and Cambodian phenos in the next room should mature around the same time as #3 and #4. I hate to select the early one but at this point it's very hard not to. I'm glad I hit them all with Patong pollen, wouldn't want my prejudices to limit the possibilities. That would be silly. Definitely need to sort through a few hundred of these and find something totally insane.

Pantagruelion 03-01-2014 07:14 PM

Tentative Winner

1 Attachment(s)
The earliest and best formed Neville's Haze. Way ahead of the other siblings. Very thai like aroma.

scrubdog 03-02-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantagruelion (Post 197966)
Is it wrong of me to want to take just a little of this Neville's Haze early and oven cure it, just for a little taste? I know the answer. It's wrong. Sacrilege more than likely. I won't do it. I'll fight the urge. I haven't felt this way about a plant in 10 yrs. It possesses a certain level of alluring complexity that I find compelling. This shit better be strong....

Don't be silly. What if a wild moose gets lost and accidentally wanders into your grow room and eats all your Nev Haze??? Better to at least try it??? Man I dry stuff in the oven every single day almost to test how my plants are going and what is strongest and what is suitable for breeding... and plain desperation or curiousity.

Most importantly I really want to know. Do you know how many damn grow diaries there are on here that grow all these wicked looking plants and the last post is always... smoke test coming soon... but it never comes.

Hell it's easy to pass the nicely cured bud test... it has to pass the rough as guts quick and dirty oven cure test as well.... surely???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantagruelion (Post 197966)
Very thai like aroma.

???? Thai can be anything from cream to incense but the most common taste and smell associated with Thai is citrus. Usually lemon. Mango and mint are also not uncommon. That's seedbank Thai. Of course in Thailand itself it may be different.

The most common aroma amongst my Thai plants is almost always citrus.

scrubdog

Pantagruelion 03-02-2014 04:50 PM

I was expecting much more diversity amongst samples. Their geographic seperation would surely equate to genetically distinct samples. Highland , lowland, Near India, near Malaysia, near Vietnam, near china etc. I figured all of these factors would influence the samples to varying degrees and result in extremely diverse collections. That was my theory.

At eleven weeks into flowering I can easily say that these samples are a lot more similar to each other than they are different. The odor is very similar and is what I now refer to as the stereotypical Thai aroma. The same aroma is present in all four different Neville's Haze siblings I'm running. It has a sweet citrus smell initially that never really develops into full blown orange zest. Instead it plateaus into a thymey basilly sort or herby body that finishes into an earthy terpentiney like odor with strong hints of woodsy leather. In short, complex as fuck and very hard to describe. Je ne sais quoi. Once it's all ready I'm just gonna get everything ms/ gc analyzed and see. Surely with such similar aromas chemical correlations can be drawn. I'll be sure to get full work ups on the terpenes present. Let spectral analysis determine what exactly is that certain something.

tinleefloufa 03-04-2014 05:25 AM

howdy Pantagruelion

how you do?
respect

am wish to vote to recommending you sample indeed....hehehe
oven to dry
perhap
sun to dry
perhap
lamp to dry

at however you to quickdry
indeed you to sample....hehehe

enjoy lovely Nevilles Haze

sage variety indeed
similar
sage you garden technique

respect

positive vibrations and energy to you and yours

Skippy 03-04-2014 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=
Once it's all ready I'm just gonna get everything ms/ gc analyzed and see. Surely with such similar aromas chemical correlations can be drawn. I'll be sure to get full work ups on the terpenes present. Let spectral analysis determine what exactly is that certain something.[/QUOTE]

Hey, do you think the terpene profile would be different if grown under the sun?

Pantagruelion 03-04-2014 07:04 AM

Neville's Haze close up

1 Attachment(s)
This plant is covered with probably at least 3/4# of flowers exactly like this.