Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Jabberwockies! I took down Neville's haze #2 last night. It was starting to senesce, so I figured it was time. Way thicker,denser and equally stinky to # 1. This one should reveg nicely. Gonna leave the other two for 4 to 6 more weeks. Why not? All the pure Thais and Cambodians are fairly mature at this point. The Neville's hazes have much better formed flowers. NH is like Thai on steroids.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 PM

hi pantagruelion,
very nice work with the neville haze,
i grew a pack and the few fem i get had a citrus thai smell and flavor,not the super hazy taste i allredy smoked in nl,
did you get the hazy one?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:56 AM

Lrv I don't really have much experience with thai or haze. So I can't really say. I can only make comparisons based on my own limited experience. I've collected thai seeds a few times and made hybrids as well as f2 and f3. They all have had similar smells, tastes and highs. These characteristics were found to be in common with traits observed from one pack of Nevilles Haze and a cutting of nl5haze from the nineties. There are hints of citrus in the Thai that I would describe as muted odors that when more fully expressed in the nev's cease to be citrus like in concentration. Whereas in the Thais those odors develope into more woodsy odors with hints of the citrus. The haze is more woodsy transitioning to full on terpentine. I hope I'm communicating effectively enough. These smells are very complex and require an involved description. It would be neat to see what an aromatherapist thought about it. Someone with real professional terpene reference knowledge.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagruelion View Post
I wonder if those monks meditated before they killed and tortured the surrounding population? Probably. Anyway back to reality, I know way too much history and most of it isn't nice. The only monk I love is Friar John, not the one from Robin Hood either. I prefer Rabelais' warrior monk.
Meditation, murder and mayhem seem unlikely bedfellows. Care to tease that out a little?
The NH sounds awesome.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagruelion View Post
Ha ha ha. I was waiting for someone to ask... Creepy eh? Noted seed breeder Michael Hubert Kenyon. One of the greats. He pioneered a rather controversial backcrossing technique involving a rubber hose and a bag of hot water. Truly groundbreaking work. Not many breeders are that innovative. When Shanti was still at GHS Arjan wanted to utilize Kenyon's methods but Shanti refused. Franco was more than happy to comply and the rest is history. Please google before you share. You might wanna check out the whole story as I'm just paraphrasing.
hilarious. if anybody actually got the joke!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 AM

@ Herbsman: yeah, thanks. All my comedic endeavors are not in vane! At times i fear it is more than a bit dull around here. As a dedicated Appliantologist I feel that it is my duty to break up all the detergent sniffing and plooking of each other that goes on here. I hear Shanti is now using surgical tubing as packaging for his direct order stealth packaging. Hmmm, wonder if he gives each one a quick sniff and a couple of poots of hot soapy water.... I know I would. Always looking for college educated women testers, I suppose. One of the many conspiracies of which I am a collaborator involves the promulgation of the works of one, Fransesco Zappa. Now gaze at my ultra creepy avatar and look deep into his tormented pervy eyes and know the pain of a truly gifted innovator of the many varied uses of rubber tubing. Hear his peculiar lisping sort of voice proclaim," the Neville's haze #2 is starting to taste better and is indeed more potent than its earlier sibling. Now lay face down....."
Old 04-17-2014, 07:04 AM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

Damned dude! You did it to me again! Pantagruelion, you made me laugh so hard I forgot what I was looking for !
Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Lol...recruits?

Now, one girl shout: "let the bandit be!"

Another girl shout: "let the fiend go free!"
Old 04-17-2014, 03:51 PM

Good, Cat. I'd say that a good hearty gut laugh coupled with a bit of bawdy humor is definitely one of the ingredients that makes up the elixer of immortality. I labor to whip up a fresh batch daily, as it tends to spoil overnight as we sleep.

Neville's Haze. Hmm. Number 2 is not near as terpentine scented as the #1. On the "vine" the smells seemed much more similar. Now, not so much. #2 is way less sweet and much more woodsy. They are very similar, technically they are in the same "stench pocket", each occupying opposite ends of the stink spectrum. #1 tastes awesome and rips you. #2 tastes horrible like uncured Thai. It is already stronger than#1 and I'm sure in a month or so will taste better as well. The #2 has a nice euphoric high with an interesting expanded head component. I smoked a doobage with two retarded chimpanzees named Larry and Daryl. Both tests subjects indicated that their heads felt inflated. Not in a painful compressing sort of way but moreoff, er more of a decrompressing type of expansion emanating from the sides of the head. If you aren't growing this stuff you might want to consider it, it is really nice. Tonight I test the Nevilles Haze BHO. It's in the vacuum chamber as we speak. Last time I made thai oil it was superb, bet this will be excellent. " must be just what they all need "

Last edited by Pantagruelion; 04-17-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Compulsive Enema Bandit reference added
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 PM

fascinating.

How was the oil?

I accidentally planted 6 NH seeds recently. I wonder if I'll have as much fun with them as you have with yours.

I have a pure haze going on which has been flowering for 5/6 weeks and there is barely a pre-bud on it. I am wondering if she will EVER start flowering. I am also starting to think that it was a mistake growing her indoors. These NH sound positively speedy by comparison... and the 10 week Kali Mist that is sitting next to Mrs. "no-flowers haze" seems like Usain Bolt!!
(Plenty of strawberry in that Kali Mist - and no dog-shit, thankfully.)

Last edited by The Grey Man; 05-12-2014 at 11:09 PM.