Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 PM

I've got 4 packs stashed up and I will keep buying them as to me its like investing in my pension i also think its the best smoke in the world.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Not a bad investment strategy. I'm looking to run through at least ten packs next time. Out of four I'm stoked on two. There will be something truly amazing in a hundred.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 PM

More victims have succumbed to the Neville's Haze. Seasoned smokers in their forties as well as degenerate trimmers in their twenties. I'm hearing comments like "whoa" and "fuck" and sometimes " uh, wha, huh" along with a slew of religious oaths. The lack of ceiling manifests itself as a nitrous oxide like wave, with persistent puffing develops into a wah wah like state. At which point its best to stop and just breathe. Standing is not an option... I think the 16 weeker is gonna be even better.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM

Cool

Whos the scary guy in your avaitor .Not the Aussie crim chopper.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 PM

Ha ha ha. I was waiting for someone to ask... Creepy eh? Noted seed breeder Michael Hubert Kenyon. One of the greats. He pioneered a rather controversial backcrossing technique involving a rubber hose and a bag of hot water. Truly groundbreaking work. Not many breeders are that innovative. When Shanti was still at GHS Arjan wanted to utilize Kenyon's methods but Shanti refused. Franco was more than happy to comply and the rest is history. Please google before you share. You might wanna check out the whole story as I'm just paraphrasing.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:43 PM

@ John: Sorry John sorry better try it again...
Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeace View Post
Whos the scary guy in your avaitor .Not the Aussie crim chopper.
You can tell ol' Chop Chop by the lack of ears.

He ended up writing childrens books. Go figure huh?

@ pants- Are you doing straight 12/12 or dropping your photo period down?

Had a few Haze leaning White strawberries that were pretty stubborn untill 10/14. Ended up giving them 8/16 at the last week. Gave them a kick along and the resin production kicked in like a mofo.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:02 AM

My avatar is none other than the illustrious Michael H. Kenyon. Better known to the world as the dreaded " Illinois Enema Bandit ". Muy ah ah ah ( evil laugh attempt ).

I don't use any other photoperiod to flower than 12/12. Everything I've grown eventually gets there. Sometimes that means reevaluating what exactly "there" means for that particular strain. If you say you altered your dark period and got results I would have to ask you if you had a control plant to actually tell if you have in fact influenced the floral development. Cold hard analytical observation of experiments carried out in a reasonably controlled environment. Really the only way to do it. I could experiment but don't really think it a worthwhile pursuit. Day length schedules for different parts of the world are readily available as I'm sure you know. For Thailand it's pretty constant. Dips down to around 11.5 and then up to around 12.5. With such a small change, I just don't see the need to adjust. With out proper tests I say, balderdash.

Last edited by Pantagruelion; 04-05-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagruelion View Post
My avatar is none other than the illustrious Michael H. Kenyon. Better known to the world as the dreaded " Illinois Enema Bandit ". Muy ah ah ah ( evil laugh attempt ).

I don't use any other photoperiod to flower than 12/12. Everything I've grown eventually gets there. Sometimes that means reevaluating what exactly "there" means for that particular strain. If you say you altered your dark period and got results I would have to ask you if you had a control plant to actually tell if you have in fact influenced the floral development. Cold hard analytical observation of experiments carried out in a reasonably controlled environment. Really the only way to do it. I could experiment but don't really think it a worthwhile pursuit. Day length schedules for different parts of the world are readily available as I'm sure you know. For Thailand it's pretty constant. Dips down to around 11.5 and then up to around 12.5. With such a small change, I just don't see the need to adjust. With out proper tests I say, balderdash.
Thats a fair enough comment.

Perhaps I was just impatient. I didnt have controls.

They were different plants from seed.

The response was fast though. From looking like they would never finish to nearly ripe in 3-4 days. And done in maybe 7 more if I remember correctly.

Disappointingly no strawberry smells. More fruit salad. Some were frosty as a snowman though.

To retort to your balderdash I say poppycock sir.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 AM

I have nhs on 16/8 as im in a hurry.i use to Do anything with haze no more than 10 hrs light mango h for3 years 14/10 last 3 Weeks16/8. Loose 1/3 if yield but i need My food quick .My nevils h was started 13/11 then läst months 16/8 .im always in a hurry as i constantly have no meds.cheers