Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 AM

The most advanced Neville's Haze is developing nicely. The sweeter thai like aroma is changing into a more offensive fecal sort of odor. Much like Kali mist from serious seeds or the old dogshit clone on the west coast. Vaguely dog poohey. In a good way if that is possible. Very complex. Buds on the developed one are about 4inches by 2 inches and are cylindrical. This shit probably won't sell well in a market setting as its not what most shop goers buy. They want og. What a pity. I can grow all that I want. This is an entirely different animal, can't wait to smoke it. I like it.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagruelion View Post
The most advanced Neville's Haze is developing nicely. The sweeter thai like aroma is changing into a more offensive fecal sort of odor. Much like Kali mist from serious seeds or the old dogshit clone on the west coast. Vaguely dog poohey. In a good way if that is possible. Very complex. Buds on the developed one are about 4inches by 2 inches and are cylindrical. This shit probably won't sell well in a market setting as its not what most shop goers buy. They want og. What a pity. I can grow all that I want. This is an entirely different animal, can't wait to smoke it. I like it.
Only in the canna world you will hear this kind of talk

" dude these flowers smell like diarrhoea mixed with burning diesel and then stuffed in a dead hippys hairy armpits"

"Oh serious bro give me a whiff. ( deep inhale) Mmmm thats soooo good!!!"

Love your work pants.

peace.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:50 PM

Is it wrong of me to want to take just a little of this Neville's Haze early and oven cure it, just for a little taste? I know the answer. It's wrong. Sacrilege more than likely. I won't do it. I'll fight the urge. I haven't felt this way about a plant in 10 yrs. It possesses a certain level of alluring complexity that I find compelling. This shit better be strong....
Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Finally labeled the Neville's Haze yesterday. Assigned numbers 1-4 based on level of development. #1 should be more than done at the 12th week of 12/12. This plant is the one that has me drooling. It will easily be a keeper and will be used to screen out two meter areas. This plant will help me to keep my numbers in accordance with state law and love it. #2 should be done around the 14 week mark. #3 around the16 week of 12/12. #4 will be done right about the time pigs fly or right after hell freezes over. Not a second sooner. #2-4 are pretty much all similar thai style flowering structures and terpene profiles with varying levels of development. My latest Thai and Cambodian phenos in the next room should mature around the same time as #3 and #4. I hate to select the early one but at this point it's very hard not to. I'm glad I hit them all with Patong pollen, wouldn't want my prejudices to limit the possibilities. That would be silly. Definitely need to sort through a few hundred of these and find something totally insane.

Last edited by Pantagruelion; 02-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:14 PM

Default Tentative Winner

The earliest and best formed Neville's Haze. Way ahead of the other siblings. Very thai like aroma.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (878.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Is it wrong of me to want to take just a little of this Neville's Haze early and oven cure it, just for a little taste? I know the answer. It's wrong. Sacrilege more than likely. I won't do it. I'll fight the urge. I haven't felt this way about a plant in 10 yrs. It possesses a certain level of alluring complexity that I find compelling. This shit better be strong....
Don't be silly. What if a wild moose gets lost and accidentally wanders into your grow room and eats all your Nev Haze??? Better to at least try it??? Man I dry stuff in the oven every single day almost to test how my plants are going and what is strongest and what is suitable for breeding... and plain desperation or curiousity.

Most importantly I really want to know. Do you know how many damn grow diaries there are on here that grow all these wicked looking plants and the last post is always... smoke test coming soon... but it never comes.

Hell it's easy to pass the nicely cured bud test... it has to pass the rough as guts quick and dirty oven cure test as well.... surely???

Quote:
Very thai like aroma.
???? Thai can be anything from cream to incense but the most common taste and smell associated with Thai is citrus. Usually lemon. Mango and mint are also not uncommon. That's seedbank Thai. Of course in Thailand itself it may be different.

The most common aroma amongst my Thai plants is almost always citrus.

scrubdog
Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM

I was expecting much more diversity amongst samples. Their geographic seperation would surely equate to genetically distinct samples. Highland , lowland, Near India, near Malaysia, near Vietnam, near china etc. I figured all of these factors would influence the samples to varying degrees and result in extremely diverse collections. That was my theory.

At eleven weeks into flowering I can easily say that these samples are a lot more similar to each other than they are different. The odor is very similar and is what I now refer to as the stereotypical Thai aroma. The same aroma is present in all four different Neville's Haze siblings I'm running. It has a sweet citrus smell initially that never really develops into full blown orange zest. Instead it plateaus into a thymey basilly sort or herby body that finishes into an earthy terpentiney like odor with strong hints of woodsy leather. In short, complex as fuck and very hard to describe. Je ne sais quoi. Once it's all ready I'm just gonna get everything ms/ gc analyzed and see. Surely with such similar aromas chemical correlations can be drawn. I'll be sure to get full work ups on the terpenes present. Let spectral analysis determine what exactly is that certain something.

Last edited by Pantagruelion; 03-02-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:25 AM

howdy Pantagruelion

how you do?
respect

am wish to vote to recommending you sample indeed....hehehe
oven to dry
perhap
sun to dry
perhap
lamp to dry

at however you to quickdry
indeed you to sample....hehehe

enjoy lovely Nevilles Haze

sage variety indeed
similar
sage you garden technique

respect

positive vibrations and energy to you and yours
Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=
Once it's all ready I'm just gonna get everything ms/ gc analyzed and see. Surely with such similar aromas chemical correlations can be drawn. I'll be sure to get full work ups on the terpenes present. Let spectral analysis determine what exactly is that certain something.[/QUOTE]

Hey, do you think the terpene profile would be different if grown under the sun?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Default Neville's Haze close up

This plant is covered with probably at least 3/4# of flowers exactly like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (613.0 KB, 72 views)