Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 04:35 AM

Couple of pix of one of my Nev Haze buds before all the rain and mould arrived...

scrubdog
Old 05-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Default Update

Just an update to this thread.

It's not going well at all. Been raining solid for two weeks now and my Nev Haze are slowly dissolving in a puddle of bud rot. Everytime I check the plants I have to cut out more Nev Haze mouldy buds and I'm running out fast. Grrrr.

I'm so annoyed because I've been hearing about the legendary status of NH for years and been meaning to grow it.... now I have... and still haven't been able to try it because the buds are going rotten as soon as they form.

I apologise for the poor quality of photos but they were all taken in the rain with very poor lighting...

Fresh mould....

poor Nevs hacked to bits... giant landrace Mango Thai plants in background have no mould at all...

scrubdog
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Default Random Pix

Here's a few random Neville haze photos taken in the rain. Hopefully it's not the last photos I ever get of them before they completely dissolve...

scrubdog
Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Unhappy Huge Blizzard

Well it's rained solid every day for the last two weeks and I woke up this morning to a foot of snow at the backdoor.

As I write there is a blizzard outside with driving snow drifts. So I would hazard a guess that all my plants are dead . They'd stopped growing anyway because of the temp drop . It'll be a few days before I can check.

So that was a bit of a disaster. No seed and no smoke. My Nev Haze barely even got started flowering. Very interesting strain though. Sigh.... I still don't know what it smokes like . How annoying.

So did I learn from my experience and order something sensible that flowers early and fast for next season? ... of course I did... I just ordered The Doors

This season was just an experiment of a new latitude and locality.... next time I'll get serious... and I've still got a few Nev Haze seeds too.

I was going to work with Nev haze and Mango thai but I didn't get any Mango Thai seed so I've lost that line now and no more seed is available. So I might just work with Mr Nice lines and go back to Plan B which is to hit Nev Hz with Black Widow next year. I might just do a mass planting of Nev Hz, The Doors and Black Widow and then cross the two best plants out of the lot.

I'm excited just thinking about it. I'm really into the challenge now of getting Nev Hze to finish at this latitude somehow.

scrubdog

Last edited by scrubdog; 05-28-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: add smilies
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Bad luck with the weather mate, hope next time is better for you.
Looks like you'll have lots of seeds to play with...seeing that male amongst your lady's

All posts text , pictures uploaded by this person is for entertainment , purely fiction and for therapeutic purposes only.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Default Haze in the snow...

Yeah... so we had a big snow storm and I woke up to a foot of snow, high winds and giant hail stones... after a week of heavy rain....

Thought my plants would be history....

Growing in the snow...

scrubdog
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM

Default Snow Damage to tropical Thais

Snow Damage

My Real Seed Company landrace tropical Mango Thai female plant snapped in half by the weight of snow.

scrubdog
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM

Default Snow Damage Repairs

So I fixed it with a bit of bamboo and string... as you do in such circumstances deep in the bush....

scrubdog
Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 AM

Default Neville Haze in the Snow

So anyway back to topic...

My Mr Nice Neville Haze growing in the snow....

scrubdog
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM

Default Secret Garden

The view from my secret guerilla garden deep in a rainforest...

scrubdog