Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze Mango

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
Greetings thefoetus. Those plants look great in veg. They seem to be quite uniform in size and structure compared to mine. Here's a pic of my three NHM plants about 8 weeks after seed. The male was much larger than the other two. This grow is going to rock when those plans flower!

I'm no expert in selecting males, but from what I've read I think the main thing to look for would be resin production, particularly any that show resin or sticky stem rubs during veg. Watch them closely between 2-4 weeks and look for early, fast, heavy trichome development on the male flowers.
Thanks for your input Marcus, and the kind words. They do seem healthy; I'll take some updated pics and post later We are getting close to the more exciting stage. Did you top your NHM fems?

If we do pollinate a female G13HP with a male NHM, or vice versa, how should we time the start of flowering i.e. should they both start bloom together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheavy420 View Post
Hey man, I would think the haze male would be better since it's a sire line. I think all the usual traits would go into selecting a male, there is a couple of pics around that could aid you, one is of the haze c male, the other is nl5A. I'll find them and add them to this post as a visual aid for your selection.

Not to say it wouldn't be a good cross the other way around but knowing the haze hybrids are based of off two males would lead me to go with the sire line.

5hzA

Haze C male

Hi TopHeavy, thank you for sharing Glad to hear your thoughts on this. I assume there are no known pics of the Haze A male? What are the usual traits one looks for when selecting a male? I will read Nevil's breeder thread, I keep meaning to. How can I use these pics to aid in selection?

Peace,
Old 01-04-2019, 08:02 PM

Smile Phase 2 selection

Hello again everybody,

We are about halfway through phase 2 of our Nevil x Mango selection. The first run of 46 seeds produced a nice quantity of exotic bud It is being worked on, still, as I write. The bud is even nicer to smoke after a long cure of 3-6 months.

The plants range from sativa dominant, to (seemingly) pure sativa with no noticeable stonedness. The plants had a positive effect on creativity, energy, elevation of thought - the usual suspects.

We narrowed our pool down to 6 prospective keepers. They are about halfway through flower now, and I am very excited to try them. A couple of the girls are already frosty

Plant # 16

Plant #21

Plant #29

Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM

Default Mid bloom phase 2

Plant # 34

Plant #38

Plant #39

She has an interesting bud structure!

Old 01-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaFish View Post
I don't think charlie garcia at cbg knows what the origins of mangobiche are. If you look at the phylos galaxy there is a far away distant location where lambsbread, thai, mangobiche and other colombians reside. Its opposite in the galaxy from Chemdogs and OGs. (i would think a mangobiche x chem would be a dope hybrid)

I was trying to say Nevils mango is a lot like a nice colombian, the PR x MB cross i made is decent and definitely on the far NLD spectrum.
https://phylos.bio/galaxy/variety/CR...biche-colombia

Got ya. This is pretty cool
Old 01-04-2019, 09:20 PM

nice update thefoetus. that's some dedication for 46 Nevils Mango. Lots of resin on those leaves too.

That #39 has the cunt structure. I forget what it's called...ummm....fasciation. it's interesting that you are growing that from a cutting? Is the stem flattened?
I had some strange stem mutants in nevils mango too. One had a fasciated stem but was male and got yanked.

what are some of the aromas on the keepers?
Old 01-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaFish View Post
nice update thefoetus. that's some dedication for 46 Nevils Mango. Lots of resin on those leaves too.

That #39 has the cunt structure. I forget what it's called...ummm....fasciation. it's interesting that you are growing that from a cutting? Is the stem flattened?
I had some strange stem mutants in nevils mango too. One had a fasciated stem but was male and got yanked.

what are some of the aromas on the keepers?
Hi CannaFish, great to see you again.
Yes, these 6 are cuttings from their seed-plant mothers. This 'fasciation' seems an interesting business. Indeed the stem on 39 does feel flattened! She was topped / fim'ed during veg.

The literature suggests the condition is non-contagious - we could yank her at this stage (she is less resinous than her sisters) though I'm not sure what to do, as the buds on her other stems appear normal. What do you think?

I touched 39 just now - my hand came back smelling a lot like Super Silver Haze.

The general smells of the keepers are exotic, spicy, animal, leather, wood, musk, electric / silver.

Quote:
many fasciated plants have tested negative for the bacteria in studies, hence bacterial infection is not an exclusive causation...

Additional environmental factors that can cause fasciation include fungi, mite or insect attack and exposure to chemicals. General damage to a plant's growing tip and exposure to cold and frost can also cause fasciation.
Quote:
Plant Genetics: Many annual plants contain a gene responsible for the fasciation of vegetative or flower stems. Gregor Mendel, the father of modern genetics, demonstrated the gene for fasciation was a heritable trait in peas (Gottschalk, 1977). Fasciation was one of the seven characteristics he chose when illustrating the concept of dominant and recessive traits in his cross breeding of peas. These inherited fasciations are meristematic mutations which impart tumor-like properties to the meristem (Tang and Knap, 1998).
Old 04-08-2019, 02:43 PM

I've been smoking some of our latest batch of Nevil's Mango. I opened a tin this morning and got a strong smell of fruit / mango.

This tin contains roughly trimmed, smaller buds from some lower branche -the bulk is slowly curing. I'm not sure whether many will find these buds visually appealing, but they are sticky and covered in small trichomes. If I leave the leaves on it provides a slightly stoney backdrop for the soaring high. On occasion I mix these buds 30 / 70% in favor of a strong indica, but the Nev's Mango still dominates in the mix.

She gets me so high

Old 04-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Those buds look good to me man, enjoy the harvest! How long was the flower time in the end?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:37 PM

I just love this stuff! Gotta be my all time fav, Glad to see your grow and read your positive comments. It's all true.
Thanks brah!

Aloha
Mu
Old 04-15-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecky View Post
Those buds look good to me man, enjoy the harvest! How long was the flower time in the end?
Thanks Alecky. I'd say around 12 weeks to bloom, (from clone - 11/13,) following considerable vegetation. We were seeking mostly cloudy trichs - I was expecting their summer to be longer so was very pleased with this window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
I just love this stuff! Gotta be my all time fav, Glad to see your grow and read your positive comments. It's all true.
Thanks brah!
Hi Musashi! Me too - glad you can relate; interesting to read she's your favorite. We were lucky to choose Nev's Mango for this project - as opposed to first growing Nevil's Haze which would, perhaps, have been akin to running before walking
She's certainly a step about the 5Hz and Mango Hz in terms of psychedelia and upward momentum.

I would imagine SB put considerable work into creating this awesome line: each seedplant was worthy of smoking, was consistently short to flower, and very sativa leaning!