Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > La Niña

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Beautiful buds, Byorn. Nice job!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 PM

I just love the way this plant expresses itself! You are killin it Byron!

Aloha

M
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 PM

How many feet by feet is your scrog? Nice set up by the way...im going to get some qb 96 elite engines. Led lights rock..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byorn View Post
thanks Mark! Will do a smoke report once cured. I`m excited about the La Nina hope she`s some fine medicine can`t wait till they finish getting a bit bored with the mangohaze
Old 01-17-2019, 04:49 PM

Thanks Guys!

This scrog screen is 130cm long 80cm wide. Those quantum boards will do fine, they run one of the best efficient leds that are around. Personally i do like COBs better because i can spread the light more evenly.

In the meanwhile im working on the smoke reports. And start to enjoy my current BlackWidow & NL5/Afg grow.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byorn View Post
Thanks Guys!

This scrog screen is 130cm long 80cm wide. Those quantum boards will do fine, they run one of the best efficient leds that are around. Personally i do like COBs better because i can spread the light more evenly.

In the meanwhile im working on the smoke reports. And start to enjoy my current BlackWidow & NL5/Afg grow.
I would suggest building your lights with strips if you feel you don't get even coverage with a QB,
https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-stri...ung-bridgelux/

COBs are good don't get me wrong they offer better light penetration but they are less efficient due to the heat they generate.

COBs are best for Christmas tree type grows due to there penetration.

QB or LED strips are best in grows where you don't require strong light penetration for example in a scrog or sog etc.

Another suggestion I like to make is to take advantage of ultra red and far red LEDs, you should have approximately 20% more far red then ultra red and by leaving just the far red portion of your lighting running for 15 minutes after lights out it will help put your plants to sleep sooner which will help initiate flowering faster and flowering to finish faster.

You can also add up to approximatelty 5% UVA lighting to your setup to be run during the final weeks of flowering, the UVA casues stress and this increases cannabionod production but you don't want to overdo it.

Do a bit of googling and have a bit of think, most of what I just said is from memory so my numbers are probably a little off.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:34 PM

Hello Dkeppel,

I do agree with some of your points made. First off the website you reffer to is a good place to start learning the basics around LED!
I do agree The strips are a good choice for a sea of green or a scrog style of grow and lesser ideal in a regular grow, indeed because of the penetration.

The strips spread their heat compared to COB but they arent any more efficient than the cobs. Some of the cobs i have here are 186lumens/watt that is some what the same as samsungs second best ledstrip leds that push out 187lumens/watt. So i`m not sure how you came to this conclusion.

The COBs, i use them intentionally. Allright its confusing because of the scrog screen but i actually dont really scrog the plants. it`s mainly there to guide them without really tying them down. And because i only do 11/13 grows some varieties dont develop to strong examples, and they need some support as tops get to heavy for the branches. The plants i top them early on and after that i dont want to stress them as it slows down the growth so that brings me to that i need that penetration and get tops developed all over the plant as i dont lollipop.

I have aditional far red leds, and run them 5min before lights out for 15min total for the exact reasons you gave.

UVA lamps and sorts scare me as they can have effect on cancer cells in our bodies, i heard. Cancer is not my friend so to say, so out of precaution i stay away from those lamps.

Thanks for your input

This thread still deserves a smoke report, so here comes the short version.

The #1 "Afgan pheno" she finished fast, solid buds and a nice berries smell.

Taste: 8 Cranberries with a hint of spice
effect:8 Couchlocky with a tint of high last for 2 hours Good for getting sleep on

The #2 "longer-finishing plant" took some more time but. I was complaining about her finishing time, but will take my words back as she is totally worth it!

Taste: 9 lemony citrus, and a sweet spice of pepper
effect:9 Nicely balanced, dreamy couchlock with a good portion of high aswell. I like her alot! creative high if you dont consume to much and a total knock out if the intake is increased.

In the mean while ive grown more LaNina and NL5/Afgh and BlackWidow, had some nice BlackWidows but still To me they cant compete with the LaNina ive liked the BW better than the Nl5/afgh but it was still lacking something that i found in the LN. Ive blasted trough my LN seeds and right now the last two seeds are week 1 in togheter with a few SilverHazes. Hopefully my order arives soon so i can pop more LaNinas and finally some MedMan and find some time to keep up a growreport .

Greetzz
Old 06-11-2019, 09:58 PM

LN is my favorite herb I've ever grown. Your review makes me want to grow it again, but I think I need to wait til Fall to pop em. I think this is the most underrated strain in the game. Everyone should give it a go.

The longer flowering ones don't have bag appeal, so you have to smoke it with people before ya show it to them. Well worth the time, though.

I hope your last two are the best ones. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the smoke report, Byorn, and for the good info you provided on LED COBs. You know I'm a fan...
Old 06-17-2019, 03:40 PM

Hey braddah! Your La Nina grow has got me thinking of growing it alongside The Doors this next go round. Thanks again for the encouragement brah!

Shaka
Mu
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 AM

I came to that conclusion because at the time of building my LED light, strips had better efficiency, it's not going to matter a hell of a lot for a home grower anyway, it's pretty small difference.

Besides I wasnt knocking you for using COBs, if I lived somewhere legal and could just throw up a few tents I'd use COBs, I always end up growing in a restricted head space for stealth reason so strips are better for my purpose.

Last edited by Dkeppel; 06-18-2019 at 08:23 AM.