MNS Mango Widow

S

Scorpion

Hi all,
this was long ago,but makes for a good reference as to what you can find in your pack of
Mr NICE Mango Widow
MangoWidow2.jpg

MangoWidow_331.JPG

MangoWidow_35.JPG

MangoWidow_27.JPG

so ya'll come back now
ya hear

peace

Last edited:
I've been thinking about ordering this one for a few days.

These pics have made the decision much easier. great work Scorpion.:)

I started some MW little over a week ago and wondering What some suggestions on veg time would be? Does anyone know what % sativa MW is. I don't want to be surprised with 8-10ft plants come 3 months. I was thinking maybe 4wks, take a few cuttings and flower. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Really depends on how much vertical height you have to flower ultimately and how long you're willing to wait. Growing marijuana is just half of the process, you then have to cure your harvest for it to be of any real significance imo.
The Mango Widows seems to fairly tame for a Haze variety, so while its possible to find a sativa dominant pheno that leans towards the Haze side of things I would think thats the exception rather then rule. So you should good to go for the most part as far as not ending up with A jack and the bean stalk variety with this hybrid.

This variety holds alot of promise, I think you'll like it. :)

Thanks for the reply. I have about 7ft of head room so I should be alright. I am very exicited to see what becomes of these. I also have the necessary patients to grow to maturaty and cure properly. I feel if you don't you are just wasting all the time and effort you just put into the plant. Hey thanks again.

7ft from the light or 7ft with the light? i'm guesing u half 8ft ceilings, u might want to start flowering. there gonna keep growing, espeicaly that sativa. part. just saying most double or even triple.

repo

I started some MW little over a week ago and wondering What some suggestions on veg time would be? Does anyone know what % sativa MW is. I don't want to be surprised with 8-10ft plants come 3 months. I was thinking maybe 4wks, take a few cuttings and flower. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
hi M2M,
when I grew out this seed ,i did it from 12/12 at germination and finished at 13/11...even a 6 inch cutting forced to flower small finished at 4 ft,the plant in the photo was a solid 90 day plant{flower time}...excellent quality and very good yield.

peace

Ahhhh....

:rolleyes:

Yo Scorpion,

...you mean you finished under 11 hours of light and started the grow under flower light conditions. How did you feed from begining to end btw?

Very Nice indeed!

Thanks,

Bilbo

Marrie2Mary, Hi! Just a quick comment concerning Height. I raised two, one was male, and from seed I had one that was 74 inches max. From clone this female only grew 2.5 ft from a 10 inch clone. It will be excellent!:p resinbud

Three plants total, Two were female, one was male just to clarify. The short MW female I had only grew 54 inches tall from seed, but the smoke was Harsh and Sour, but was cut short do to mold. I no longer have this plant, but she was beautiful in flower just not a keeper as I was hoping. resinbud

:rolleyes:

Yo Scorpion,

...you mean you finished under 11 hours of light and started the grow under flower light conditions. How did you feed from begining to end btw?

Very Nice indeed!

Thanks,

Bilbo
hi bilbo,
ya man ,i started the seed under a 12/12 photoperiod and as the plant changed from vegative to bloom,i began to lower light time until she finished, about 90 days for a golden cob,
the main cola usually finished up size of a ear of corn. and just chunky clusters on down,REAL NICE
the feeding was the same,foxfarm grow big hydro ,until she showd bloom and then switch to tiger bloom/bigbloom combo+.superthrive and epsom as needed.
water only from 8 weeks ,real dry last week before harvest.

Nice!

Thanks Scorpion!

Have you tried the any of the FF Open Sesame, Beastie Boomz or Cha Ching? What EC or ppm levels did the plants like. Thanks for the info. The plants love the stuff and the taste is great!

Thanks for the pics, thread and info!

Bilbo

Thanks Scorpion!

Have you tried the any of the FF Open Sesame, Beastie Boomz or Cha Ching? What EC or ppm levels did the plants like. Thanks for the info. The plants love the stuff and the taste is great!

Thanks for the pics, thread and info!

Bilbo
ec and ppm were never checked on this plant.
Beastie Bloomz...use this when your plants dont like the nitrogen in the tiger bloom...i never used the others yet.
just follow directions on the container. go mild as it is very concentrated.

peace

what does the longer dark period do for the plant?

I've always wanted to try 24/0 veg and 14/10 flower.... in hopes for optimal yields

I've always wanted to try 24/0 veg and 14/10 flower.... in hopes for optimal yields
12/12 light = 672 hours total hours of light used per grow (8 weeks), if you work out your grow lets say a gpw under a 1000w lamp that 1.5 grams of bud produced every hour the light is on.
13/11 thats another 56 hours of light at 1.5grams per hour = an extra 84g per crop.

the crop may take a little longer to finish, but you will get more yield 3oz more if you work on gpw of a 1000 watt lamp used over 56 days.

the longer the dark period the faster it will finish or be ready to crop a 13 dark to a 11 hour light cycle the same plant could finish a week or so earlier than the same plant on 12/12. lots of sativa growers use longer dark periods to get the plants to finish quicker, but with a smaller yield

Last edited:
It depends on the strain you grow Koons

Some sativas for instance wont even start to flower with 14hrs of light per day.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to flower a plant under 14 hrs of light unless they really know what their doing and have previous experience with the strain..and are willing to take the risk.

As for vegging with 24/0 , done it myself , it works , but I dont do it anymore as I like to try to mimic nature as much as possible so I d say its preferable to go with 18/6 so the plants have a night cycle.Feels more natural and appropriate to me. I would still say its all strain dependent some might perform better than others overall.

Last edited:
well Scorpion u've got one beauty in this thread...i've got the same pheno (4 of em) under a 600w and they look exactly like yours...i kept my lighting at 12/12 so i'm imaging an extra 10-14days of flowering...i've found that this hybrid generally doubles with the occasional plant tripling but they've all been a real pleasure to grow...i purchased this pack because of Scorp's pics and i'm very excited to sample this particular pheno as both appearance, yield, smell, great SOG candidate...i've been using this thread as a sort of grow guide using PBP Bloom and some Liquid Karma...she really likes to be left alone and do her own thing

Back