Mr.Nice Neville'sHaze

So finally...

Hi All,

I finally chopped the plant mid February; sorry, no pics, but for the sake of completeness I'd like to say a few things...

Firstly, as I already mentioned, the smell and taste of this smoke was absolutely divine, by far the best run so far - just something very special. Perhaps it's due to that extra bit of cold, I don't know.

The yield off the plant was poor, as you'd expect, good job I wan't doing this for the yield ;)
The plant was the same size as the one I cropped earlier (the one that had one month of forcing in the drobe). That one gave me one oz, I only got a 1/2 oz from this one, even though height and root size were similar. I believe that having intense light initially, when the pistils are first forming might greatly increase yield. I'll probably do another one (or five) next winter, but I'll give them a month of HPS first, see how that goes.

The high: The weed is not as strong as the previous run. I think the long waiting time allowed some THC to degrade. Smoking it now, I think I should have taken it down at least a month earlier, maybe even 6 weeks (say early Jan). I couldn't do that cause the plant was seeded and seeds take FOREVER to mature in winter, so I had to wait.

That said, the smoke was wonderfully mellow and insightful, still lovely NH, though too much puts me to sleep. I find it makes one really wow-outstanding blend/salad with a slightly zippier sativa I have.

Anyway, the seeds seem like they'll be OK, fingers crossed, they pollen was from a wonderful really wild sativa that took SEVEN months to mature in the drobe, so I crossed it with the Nev's to bring the flowering time down! Now those are words you won't often hear. LOL

hi all

hey Gert :)

Good to see you mate , hope you are doing well

So you took the unforced lady down at last hehe
I think this pheno should be chopped on time too as I found same thing as you, leaving it for too long does make the high mellow and also more stony as well.Indoors this pheno should be taken down at about 14-15weeks.

As for giving the plant intense light during the budsite formation period I completely agree. Plants seem to be able to use light much more efficiently(in terms of growth and final yield) during that period and are using light way less efficiently as they get closer to the end. I know this is common sense really but it shows that plants really can use a lot of light when they start flowering till stretch stops and it is at that period that its better to invest on lots of light.

Btw apart from letting her go too long (in order to get seeds ready) I believe that the reduced potency you experienced in this might have a lot to do with the low light intensity (and almost zero direct sunlight).Temps maybe also played a role?
Plus light pollution might not cause hermi probs but might have something to do with the lower potency as well. Thats just a guess though.

Great to hear you also crossed the Assam sativa with the Nevs! I m really curious of what the results will be!And yeah I dont hear using the Nevs to reduce flowering time often! :D

Few days ago I found a small nug of the NevsMango I had chopped in November that had forgoten about , was not much really but enough to remind me that I really loved this cross and want to try more seeds again. The strong haze smell is sooo nice!

Any other projects you have at the moment?

Hi mate

I believe that the reduced potency you experienced in this might have a lot to do with the low light intensity (and almost zero direct sunlight).Temps maybe also played a role?
Plus light pollution might not cause hermi probs but might have something to do with the lower potency as well. Thats just a guess though.
We'll see this winter, I think I'll give them a month of HPS in September, and then leave them another 2-3 months in the conservatory.

Any other projects you have at the moment?
I've just come back from visiting the Eden Project in Cornwall (check out both links), amazing place, the one biome is 1.56 ha (15.6 stremmata) in size and 50 m high at the highest point! All tropical jungle. No weed in there sadly, although I saw some Ayahuasca along with some blurb about shamans and what have you, but I don't think they have too much latitude to try anything serious in there - think of the children - even the statues of the satyrs in the "Meditararnean biome" seemed strangely devoid of genitals, so you can guess what you're up against.

So, even though I did think of offering them Assamese and 303 cuts, I don't feel I know them... well enough yet! LOL. I'm sure there's a secret, "alternative" tropical greenhouse somewhere in Cornwall though!

Not many plans at the moment, I soaked some Chimera Calizahr seeds OK, but after five days nothing has sprouted yet, I fear they may be duds. I'll be pretty pissed off if they are, giving them a few more days though.

Other than that I'm even more excited by my BlueSatelliteKush x Assam seeds, they may be next if the Chimera stuff fails.

I also want to do a 303 repro this yr, but I am not sure of my movements, I may not be here all the time to mind it.

After that I'll be back on the NHMH x NH backcrosses, lots of potential there.

====

By the way I tried a little bud of the Assamese (chopping at the end of March) and it's great, though nothing like I expected.

I thought it would be more in the style of sombre, scary Thai weed. Instead it's this incredibly happy sativa, not massively strong, but invites you to keep toking with not much discernible ceiling. Makes everything look rosy and causes you to see the positive side of everything, even stuff you didn't think had many positive sides, LOL! Kind of a herbal "E".
Funnily enough, trichomes are minimal, and there is very little (almost none) syrupy stickiness, but that doesn't seem to bother the end result. Just imagine yourself as a sun-drenced Rasta in a string-vest on some tropical shore and you get the idea of where this herb is at.

Very nice taste, too, even uncured, don't ask me to describe it, you know how bad I am at describing tastes, but I would say a very nice ganja taste.
Like I've said before, nothing could compensate for its silly flowering time, nevertheless it's good to have something to write about at the end.

At some stage I may even do a separate thread about it, it's probably worth it!

Last edited:
wow great thread too read l33t love those pics and marco pic.
hoop too grow some nev Haze too soon .
(and if there is a nev H male i will cross it too my Autoflowering Haze)

Peace

Last edited:
Thank you for this bunch off information
I have grown the Neville also a few times, and i'm gone start again
in a few weeks. this diarie will help me even more the next time
My first run was 21 weeks-hihihi and I had plenty fluf and burning marks on the leafs, on the 3 run it went to 16 weeks and I had finaly buds
over here the old school haze breeders say you have to use hydro, but I hate the taste off that kind off growing, i'm a soil man

you dit a nice job on this diarrie with all the pictures, bravo L33t and thank you for sharing

Haze updates :D

Day 93 10/14

Here is the top part of one of the 2 main colas from the same topped plant.

below a small cola from a small side branch. Quite ripe almost all pistils turned red .
NevillesHaze_24Aug_bud003.jpg

This is it. Of all the pictures I have ever seen in my life, these are the ones that most closely resemble the original haze mother that I had. It is a bit more sativa looking, than mine, but just a bit.
I have to get some of this stuff dude, next time I am in Amsterdam. MNS
I am convinced, up until now I havn't really seen anything in amsterdam I want. It is the trichomes man, those are haze trichomes.

When I was amsterdam a few months ago,
I tried sh, ssh, amnesia haze, Jack herer, some other crap just called haze. None of this stuff even tasted like haze or felt like haze, just a very faint reminiscent whiff from the silver haze.

Man. if only I would have known.

I know haze when I see it. That shit deserves to have Neville's name on it.
That is real haze.
I am so sold on MNS after seeing these pictures. This is like proof for me, am I babbling..oh sorry.
Awesome man.
Thank you for documenting this.

heres a nice sample I just smoked from the curing buds , burns very incence like , half spliff and I am way too wasted to interact with anything ,
the taste is very improved and now has become more smooth and mellowed a bit it also became a bit hashier and sweeter .

curedbudNHAZE.jpg

Somebody mentioned that even though you were tripping you could still function and like people wouldn't know how stoned you are etc.

That was never my experience with haze. The haze I am used to is over the top, and you are like wasted, and it can't really be hidden...
Is that your experience with this sample?

Hi joshuahazen,

"Somebody mentioned that even though you were tripping you could still function and like people wouldn't know how stoned you are etc.
Well that comment was from Gert Lush who is a good friend who I had given a NH cut from my NH mom.

To be honest I personally found the NH trippy and very racy , has one of the most long lasting highs and is one of the most potent plants I 've grown or smoked.I know the pheno I have may not be from the very best NH F1s but its a very good version and others with extensive experience with the NH line reported same thing too, Herbalizor for instance had mentioned some time ago that after trying over 10 different F1s he had found this cut to have the best high profile. Not sure if he found a more special F1 plant since then tho..but this one is very good smoke so its been kept since it was found.

That was never my experience with haze. The haze I am used to is over the top, and you are like wasted, and it can't really be hidden...
Is that your experience with this sample? "
What haze lines have you tried exactly and specifically refer to ?
You mentioned Ohaze , which seedbank was it from if I may ask?

I have grown several mns haze hybrids and also smoked hazes from few other breeders too so I do have an idea on how a good haze hits you. I find Haze has a very good sativa high which I very much enjoy and find haze is very potent..actually is one of the most potent sativa lines imo..
But haze doesn't get me wasted at least like indicas and ind dom hybrids. Hazes let me fuction although it depends on what task I 'm doing.. For instance if I 'm involved in a creative activity like playing music or drawing , hazes help but I wouldn't get involved in tasks like a maths task on hazes as the mind is really tripping and I 'm floating in outer space..
Now I 'm not sure I completely agree with Gert Lush on the fact that when you smoke this NH it will not be noticed that you are high by others.But quantity consumed plays a big role. So it also depends on how much you smoke.With just a small hit or two you may still be functional and simply get a nice mental boost but if you smoke bit more you will get seriously 'wasted' ..in the sativa high sense.Indicas get me wasted in very different way than sativas.

l33t

when you smoke this NH it will not be noticed that you are high by others.
Or you won't notice that others notice, just how high you really are. Generally though, if you get them to smoke what you were smoking, when you smoke this NH it will not be noticed that you are high by others.
N.

Hi joshuahazen,

Well that comment was from Gert Lush who is a good friend who I had given a NH cut from my NH mom.

To be honest I personally found the NH trippy and very racy , has one of the most long lasting highs and is one of the most potent plants I 've grown or smoked.I know the pheno I have may not be from the very best NH F1s but its a very good version and others with extensive experience with the NH line reported same thing too, Herbalizor for instance had mentioned some time ago that after trying over 10 different F1s he had found this cut to have the best high profile. Not sure if he found a more special F1 plant since then tho..but this one is very good smoke so its been kept since it was found.

What haze lines have you tried exactly and specifically refer to ?
You mentioned Ohaze , which seedbank was it from if I may ask?

Hazes let me fuction although it depends on what task I 'm doing.. For instance if I 'm involved in a creative activity like playing music or drawing , hazes help but I wouldn't get involved in tasks like a maths task on hazes as the mind is really tripping and I 'm floating in outer space..

Now I 'm not sure I completely agree with Gert Lush on the fact that when you smoke this NH it will not be noticed that you are high by others.But quantity consumed plays a big role. So it also depends on how much you smoke.

With just a small hit or two you may still be functional and simply get a nice mental boost but if you smoke bit more you will get seriously 'wasted' ..in the sativa high sense.Indicas get me wasted in very different way than sativas.

l33t

I think if I mentioned Ohaze it must have been a typo. The Haze I am referring to is a strain I got from the Seedbank, between 20 and 25 years ago. after a long discussion on it in a thread I started titled Holland Seedbank Haze versus Neville's Haze( http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=5038 ), I am pretty sure that it was NL5XHaze because I distinctly remember the discription came with a warning(in fact that was the main reason we chose to order it), and apparently in the histroy of the Seedbank that was the only strain a warning was issued for, and the cover of the catalog it was featured in looks very familiar. Also phenotypically it appears to be a perfect match. Anyway it was something of an obsession for me for about 15 years, and your pics are the first pics I have seen that really look like that original clone mother I had. I have had all kinds of hybrids(my own crosses) of this original strain, and hundreds of different flavors of it, All of them unique and spectacular in their own way, but even not one of them look so much like my original as your pics of the Neville's Haze. the original cut I am referring to, was a bit denser, slightly darker leaves, not quite as skinny leaves but still appearing very sativa. Same rust colored hairs, and whitish sheen, same perfect trichomes, with some amber, and a bit earlier, ready in 12 to 14 weeks.

OK... That fits the ticket. Yeah barely functional on a small hit or two... As long as its not a bong hit.

When I was a creative writing major, I used to smoke it and write poetry on it, with amazing results. And the high goes on and on, and like it seems you don't really get tolerant to, or sick of it.

Or you won't notice that others notice, just how high you really are. Generally though, if you get them to smoke what you were smoking, when you smoke this NH it will not be noticed that you are high by others.
N.

Good Point... Well token(taken).

Last edited:
N.

Hilarious comment!!! :D

Seriously though, when I made that comment about not being 'noticed' as much, obviously I did not mean after a bongful.
But perhaps it is an individual thing, as I find NH does not make me para like some other stuff will, even after only a couple of tokes. So perhaps, if others notice, I don't particularly care one way or the other, so it's not important.

Now, that Apollo x Lieuh Hanh of FET's I used to run a few years back, man, EVERYBODY would notice even with just a couple of puffs. (It had a measure of NH in it, incidentally, but nevertheless). Brrr....
But not with the NH I've smoked, which, btw, is just Leet's cut, I haven't tried any other.

Although I do have some "DNM Haze" LOL seeds ripening as we speak...
That's "Double Nev's Mango" = (Leet's NH Male x Mango Haze) x Leet's NH Fem.
Should be a fun summer....

hi Gert :)

nice to see you mate hope all is well with you

looking forward to hearing how your "Double Nevs Mango" turn out

Btw I agree the NH female is not that paranoia inducing as other plants, I had a C99 that was really full on paranoia, quite unconfortable high..definitelly not for daily use. the NH is more racy/tachycardic yet at the same time more smooth n floaty, dreamy kind of trip..again not for everyday use at least for some..but you know I can't get my hands off the cookie jar :D

L33T, out of the other Mr. Nice strains you've grown, have you noticed considerable paranoia from any of them? I have some serious pain and anxiety (fibromyalgia) issues and don't want to have any medicine on hand that will cause an increase in my anxiety. Still trying to figure out what few Nice strains would best suit my issues and Neville's Haze has my interest for a variety of reasons. Love the photos!!!

hi wallrat,

some haze plants may well bring on the paranoia but I find that there are also selected haze plants that do not have it.

La Nina has some nice sativa phenos that are hazy like in effect and taste , uplifting yet relaxing and real mood changers very euphoric high. So its a good choice if you like uplifting smokes for daytime , and for serious pain and sleeping I have heard good reports with the Medicine Man which is very potent and more of a narcotic plant so that could help with pain and sleeping. hope you get to find a plant that helps deal with pain and will fit the bill effect wise

l33t

Hi l33t, just want to pay my respects - those shots of your dried Nev's Haze are among the very best looking buds I've ever seen. Keep up the good work.

Great Job L33t! Looks real nice! Ive got several plants of it goin now. Im hoping for some males too. Im running about 20 - 25 Sativa varieties I want to Pollinate with it. You did a Dynamite job growing that Bro! Thumbs up! DP

nicest cured haze pics I have ever seen L33t!

Mind me asking was the "sunlight cured" a trial? If so how did it compare to the control?

hi Gert :)

looking forward to hearing how your "Double Nevs Mango" turn out
Unfortunately, due to an "accident" involving the recent cold spell, my forgetfulness and a lot of serious frost, the DNM seeds are no more... alas!

Not the end of the world, as I still have candidate parent stock, but damn, that was a shame, they were nearly ready, too.

Back