gifted a pile of seed today from a old schooler!

I thought about the vacuum sealing storage tubs, was not sure how reliable they would be tho. Those look more fool proof :LOL:

I thought about the vacuum sealing storage tubs, was not sure how reliable they would be tho. Those look more fool proof :LOL:
I've used those personal vac stash tubes. They work well untill you crack them.

For carrying personal puff not seeds though.

Have had seeds in small glass containers for probably 40+ years and have yet to see an issue with the glass and low temps.
The reason I use glass is that it is non porous (unlike vac sealer packs and yes I know vacuum holding does not infer non porous) which means if sealed correctly nothing will get in or out.
The containers I use would have been called 100 mil vials back in the day....I haven't a clue what they call them now.
I found a good pic that should put everything into perspective....I use ones like the 10mL tall size spec'd in the image.
View attachment 51461
i have had another guy give me seed from the 70s and early 80s but he stored them in plastic ziploc bags in glass jars sealed in wax then buried 24" in the ground, i have had zero luck germinating these seeds, any tips on how to start older seeds.

get permission, breed, start seed company, win at economics. good for you 300!
i have had that thought of a seed company for years now, the name is Harvey squirrel nuts seed company, logo is in the works. the name comes from a cd from the 90s called brocket 99 if anyone knows it. it was some college students who made skits of reservation life and one of the characters was Harvey squirrel nuts, it suits my personality being squirrely and nuts lol. i have permission from some of the guys who have given me seeds. i have gotten seeds from so many seed banks like mns, serious, next generation, white lable, barneys, greenhouse, i would not feel right reproducing seeds from them for sale, the stuff form my old schoolers however i can. the two pictures below are the f1 banner mist i made last year, they showed hermie at week 6 though so took them at week 6 which is a bummer. sticky as all get out but not a lot of calyx development. i do really appreciate all the knowledge and positive words here, i keep thinking of just turning the lights off and save the hydro money. i will post the grease monkey and cotton candy pics next week they got chopped yesterday and will hang for 7-10 days before i start cleaning them up, normally i trim right away but i went with hangin the whole plant for 7-10 days then trim. see if it makes a difference, i found the trimming right away dry's out my flowers to fast. i added the logo my wife did, its not 100% done yet gotta get some color on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0696 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_0696 (Copy).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0697 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_0697 (Copy).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
  • harvey squirrel logo (Copy).jpg
    harvey squirrel logo (Copy).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
i have had another guy give me seed from the 70s and early 80s but he stored them in plastic ziploc bags in glass jars sealed in wax then buried 24" in the ground, i have had zero luck germinating these seeds, any tips on how to start older seeds.

Yes. Use the soak method. First Peroxide mix to clean them up and kill germs.
Then soak in low dose formulex or seed feed
Plagron do one bottle £20+ for small 50ml

That fails 🤷‍♂️ this guy uses the same method for tissue culture aswell

Last edited:
Have you actually tried cutting one open to see how they are inside? Could also try the squeeze method and squeeze the sides until you hear of feel it pop. Careful this method can be deadly.

i have had that thought of a seed company for years now, the name is Harvey squirrel nuts seed company, logo is in the works. the name comes from a cd from the 90s called brocket 99 if anyone knows it. it was some college students who made skits of reservation life and one of the characters was Harvey squirrel nuts, it suits my personality being squirrely and nuts lol. i have permission from some of the guys who have given me seeds. i have gotten seeds from so many seed banks like mns, serious, next generation, white lable, barneys, greenhouse, i would not feel right reproducing seeds from them for sale, the stuff form my old schoolers however i can. the two pictures below are the f1 banner mist i made last year, they showed hermie at week 6 though so took them at week 6 which is a bummer. sticky as all get out but not a lot of calyx development. i do really apprciate all the knowledge and positive words here, i keep thinking of just turning the lights off and save the hydro money. i will post the grease monkey and cotton candy pics next week they got chopped yesterday and will hang for 7-10 days before i start cleaning them up, normally i trim right away but i went with hangin the whole plant for 7-10 days then trim. see if it makes a differance, i found the triming right away drys out my flowers to fast.
I feel you. ethically, reselling a variety someone else made, that you made from stock you bought. is dubious. but. over 60% of breeders who rail against you doing it, did it too. and still do it.
After my 1st pack of nordle, I am convinced(by bud structure) that it is the mother line of so many feminized Super skunks/afghan skunks available from many dutch companies. which means Shanti does, nad has done alot of contract work, or people just take his shit and breed w/ it. after growing spice, befre they expressed sadness with thier conditions, had all the smell's The T.H,Seeds bubblegum plants did when I grew them. its kind of um, whats the word. Illuminating, to see how many people built their company off the backs of Nevil and Shanti's work.

That being said, if you bottleneck a trait that was common in the line, and advertised as such;while letting people know where you got the seed, I honestly do not see the issue as long as you say where you got it from, and actually bottlenecked the trait. I feel this way because if someone like Shanti really wanted to, he could have bottlenecked it already instead of giving us the ability to learn to breed from good stock.

then there are people like bodhi. who hunt for a few good males, cross them into every hype line in the world, and give 0 care if you take a line and work it. that was his goal. he has even stated so in interviews. "if you want to breed a line I made, Do it, I probably wont be, I have too many to choose from" Bodhi, paraphrased. over half of the moms of hius work he uses, were found by his friends and associates, and given back to him, so he could pollinate them. for example, there are like 4 "elite" goji og cuts running around. 2 of them bodhi breeds with, were found by growers, and they got cuts back to him for breeding. as it should be.

Imagine if those of us who find the 1 in 1000 keeper of Shantibaba's vareities. and we sent it back, and it got used in the breeding program because it was indeed, that good.

onto the hermie issue. do you own a pair of 3c horological tweezers? they can be expensive, as they are a specialty tool for the shrinking field of watch and clock repair. the point on them, is fine enough to where you can pluck hermie flowers out at the base. it is very helpful for eliminating a small aunt of them.

the only time I ever experienced tooooooooooooooo many banana type hermie flowers to pick, was on my orange oil(terpene and flavanoid profile) plushberry(by tga subcool, circa 2013). had 80% milky trichomes by day 77 of flower. by day 80, every flower cluster's growing tips; were pushing banana clusters. from the tops to the lowers, from the outers to the inners. pure end of life hermaphrodite.

I feel you. ethically, reselling a variety someone else made, that you made from stock you bought. is dubious. but. over 60% of breeders who rail against you doing it, did it too. and still do it.
After my 1st pack of nordle, I am convinced(by bud structure) that it is the mother line of so many feminized Super skunks/afghan skunks available from many dutch companies. which means Shanti does, nad has done alot of contract work, or people just take his shit and breed w/ it. after growing spice, befre they expressed sadness with thier conditions, had all the smell's The T.H,Seeds bubblegum plants did when I grew them. its kind of um, whats the word. Illuminating, to see how many people built their company off the backs of Nevil and Shanti's work.

That being said, if you bottleneck a trait that was common in the line, and advertised as such;while letting people know where you got the seed, I honestly do not see the issue as long as you say where you got it from, and actually bottlenecked the trait. I feel this way because if someone like Shanti really wanted to, he could have bottlenecked it already instead of giving us the ability to learn to breed from good stock.

then there are people like bodhi. who hunt for a few good males, cross them into every hype line in the world, and give 0 care if you take a line and work it. that was his goal. he has even stated so in interviews. "if you want to breed a line I made, Do it, I probably wont be, I have too many to choose from" Bodhi, paraphrased. over half of the moms of hius work he uses, were found by his friends and associates, and given back to him, so he could pollinate them. for example, there are like 4 "elite" goji og cuts running around. 2 of them bodhi breeds with, were found by growers, and they got cuts back to him for breeding. as it should be.

Imagine if those of us who find the 1 in 1000 keeper of Shantibaba's vareities. and we sent it back, and it got used in the breeding program because it was indeed, that good.

onto the hermie issue. do you own a pair of 3c horological tweezers? they can be expensive, as they are a specialty tool for the shrinking field of watch and clock repair. the point on them, is fine enough to where you can pluck hermie flowers out at the base. it is very helpful for eliminating a small aunt of them.

the only time I ever experienced tooooooooooooooo many banana type hermie flowers to pick, was on my orange oil(terpene and flavanoid profile) plushberry(by tga subcool, circa 2013). had 80% milky trichomes by day 77 of flower. by day 80, every flower cluster's growing tips; were pushing banana clusters. from the tops to the lowers, from the outers to the inners. pure end of life hermaphrodite.

I always had the impression nordle was a superskunk rework.

I always had the impression nordle was a superskunk rework.
As I have dug the forum, from what I understand of the conversation, original Super skunk = afghan t x skunk 1. nordle = afghan s x skunk 1. afghan t and afghan s are sisters from the same pack of seed from Jim Ortega. The T put the stink back in the skunk. The S was more sweet and fruity.
Supposedly the only thing in the MNS catalogue with the T in it is Afghan Haze.

As I have dug the forum, from what I understand of the conversation, original Super skunk = afghan t x skunk 1. nordle = afghan s x skunk 1. afghan t and afghan s are sisters from the same pack of seed from Jim Ortega. The T put the stink back in the skunk. The S was more sweet and fruity.

Yeah. That's how I always see it.

Isn't devil afg/T?

Yeah. That's how I always see it.

Isn't devil afg/T?
my understanding was it is suspected and not confirmed. but it was either Nevil or Shanti that posted the afghan haze was/is made from afghan t. but this man is talking about the early queen. and my understanding is that early skunk, and early queen have Pollyanna in them. Pollyanna, was brought over to Holland by R.C. Clarke. and I think is one of the varieties he describes in Marijuana botany in great detail.

my understanding was it is suspected and not confirmed. but it was either Nevil or Shanti that posted the afghan haze was/is made from afghan t. but this man is talking about the early queen. and my understanding is that early skunk, and early queen have Pollyanna in them. Pollyanna, was brought over to Holland by R.C. Clarke. and I think is one of the varieties he describes in Marijuana botany in great detail.

Lol early queen is the other thread lol.

Stoner 😜

Curious what afghan is in nl5afghan. I'm sure this was already discussed in a different thread.

Have you actually tried cutting one open to see how they are inside? Could also try the squeeze method and squeeze the sides until you hear of feel it pop. Careful this method can be deadly.
i soaked some of the chilliwhack he gave me for almost a month lol, i did squeeze and white oozed out so they were viable seed at one point im guessing, i tried scratching up with the outside of a matchbox and then soaked in paper towel, then i tried using a humic acid solution and left the seed in that for a couple of weeks, nothing would work. but i still have them in a jar waiting for the next try, i will get on putting my seeds in the freezer this week.

Back