Master kaze and spice.

Tom bolenate

2021 COE Winner
Hi guys,

Just a teaser of my current grow.
6 master kaze and 3 spice seedlings started a few weeks ago.
Spices are 2 weeks older than the kaze.
Mkz have been topped one time and lstied a bit to bush them up, spices have been topped twice with no training.

After reading @Vlad the Inhaler post about coco I decided to improve a bit my feeding diet and my medium, so this time I'm using a 60% clay pebble /40% coco mix and will use fluvic acid and silicate as complement.... I have trichoderma I used to avoid problems during cactus germination but I don't think I will use it on this grow.

I'm using Ghe 3 parts floraserie and EC is 1.4 for the moment, ph at 5.9, 400 mh for lighting.

Here a picture of the plants 8 days after their last transplant in 6ltr pots. They are a bit under 1 ft tall....topping and/or trainning helped a lot in keeping a low profile.
Unsexed for the moment but I already spotted 2 female as all plants are reaching preflowering stage.
I plan to switch them 12/12 in 3 or 4 days.

IMG_20210208_162507_compress73.jpg

Last edited:
I can get behind not using thrichoderma when it is not needed. its afungus, that predates on mold,mildew, and other fungus. its almost counter productive to getting the mycorhizzae colonies started.

I can get behind not using thrichoderma when it is not needed. its afungus, that predates on mold,mildew, and other fungus. its almost counter productive to getting the mycorhizzae colonies started.
And that's the whole point of using it.
Trichoderma is security against mould, mildew and malignant fungus in the root zone
That is exactly why you use it.

I also seed my nutrient solution ( liquor ) everyday with beneficial bacteria and grow the colony out, before it goes into the garden ( 3 days solution mixed ahead of time and aerated with large amount of aquatic flora extracts and other bacteria foodstock
1/3 in 1/3 out daily.)

In the west we tend to suffer from the old good versus bad paradigm.
Eastern philosophy allows you to walk the middle path.
It's about balance
Trichoderma is about maintaining a balance that won't allow the nasties to take over.
It's endemic in coco also, so you are benefitting from it, even if not seeding it.
Root zone friendlies aren't just something you set and forget either.
Your desired flora/fauna won't always compete.
That's the reason why the manufacturers recommend frequent re-application.

Bacillus amylololiquuefaciens is an interesting bac you might want to investigate
Like trichoderma it will readily colonise your root zone and exclude nasties
It also happily solubalises nutrient, including phosphate.

And that's the whole point of using it.
Trichoderma is security against mould, mildew and malignant fungus in the root zone
That is exactly why you use it.

I also seed my nutrient solution ( liquor ) everyday with beneficial bacteria and grow the colony out, before it goes into the garden ( 3 days solution mixed ahead of time and aerated with large amount of aquatic flora extracts and other bacteria foodstock
1/3 in 1/3 out daily.)

In the west we tend to suffer from the old good versus bad paradigm.
Eastern philosophy allows you to walk the middle path.
It's about balance
Trichoderma is about maintaining a balance that won't allow the nasties to take over.
It's endemic in coco also, so you are benefitting from it, even if not seeding it.
Root zone friendlies aren't just something you set and forget either.
Your desired flora/fauna won't always compete.
That's the reason why the manufacturers recommend frequent re-application.

Bacillus amylololiquuefaciens is an interesting bac you might want to investigate
Like trichoderma it will readily colonise your root zone and exclude nasties
It also happily solubalises nutrient, including phosphate.
It is also not needed anywhere near the spore count it is added. its easily counter productive at the levels it is in certain products.

So can you explain the beneficial strains of mould and mildew you prefer to promote in your root-zone??
bacteria to outcompete them, then adding trichoderma after the mycorhizzae colony has established. Unless it has been altered paul stamets endo/ecto blend doesnt have trichoderma in it. and recycled soil should have enough trichoderma anyway. its super prolific.
Edit: such as the bacteria associated with making pickles, and the bread and brewers yeast are also not our enemies in this endeavor.

Here you are saying that thrichaderma will destroy mould and mildew and is therefore counterproductive to mycorhizzal development.

If killing moulds and mildew in root zone is detrimental, can you explain which moulds and mildews you prefer?

Seems you got confused and don't really understand difference between mould, fungus, mildew and bacteria.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just a teaser of my current grow.
6 master kaze and 3 spice seedlings started a few weeks ago.
Spices are 2 weeks older than the kaze.
Mkz have been topped one time and lstied a bit to bush them up, spices have been topped twice with no training.

After reading @Vlad the Inhaler post about coco I decided to improve a bit my feeding diet and my medium, so this time I'm using a 60% clay pebble /40% coco mix and will use fluvic acid and silicate as complement.... I have trichoderma I used to avoid problems during cactus germination but I don't think I will use it on this grow.

I'm using Ghe 3 parts floraserie and EC is 1.4 for the moment, ph at 5.9, 400 mh for lighting.

Here a picture of the plants 8 days after their last transplant in 6ltr pots. They are a bit under 1 ft tall....topping and/or trainning helped a lot in keeping a low profile.
Unsexed for the moment but I already spotted 2 female as all plants are reaching preflowering stage.
I plan to switch them 12/12 in 3 or 4 days.

View attachment 49441

Hey Tom.
Nice looking garden.
Hope they are going well still, can you give us an update pls

Afungal - or antifungal bacteria is what MIman was trying to say I believe. Get the mycorrhizae gloummis or something like that is the most beneficial fungus to cannabis I could find.

Afungal - or antifungal bacteria is what MIman was trying to say I believe. Get the mycorrhizae gloummis or something like that is the most beneficial fungus to cannabis I could find.
Yeah OK.
Excepting that thrichaderma is a fungus so can't be an afungus bacteria.

Tom already said he wasn't seeding thrichaderma.

I've used bokashi activator with organic and coco gardening also farm compost worms and mealworms.
If you guys want to discuss bio-actviation maybe we should start a new thread on a more appropriate board.

OP has put up his grow on the strain base board.

Nice looking plants also.
I hope Tom drops a few more pics as they progress

Last edited:
Hi,
Almost 3 weeks since the flip.
Made a mistake on the first post, I had 10 plants in total.
8females 1 male and 1 spice culled for lacking vigor. ....not bad this time.

So ending with 2 spices fem 6 Mkz fem and a beautiful Mkz male very vigorous with big hollow stem....I flower him as I can I front of a sunny window.... Should be good enough to produce a bit of pollen to make Mkz F2.

A pic of the Mkz dude:
IMG_20210303_150604_compress60.jpg

Hi,
Little update of my grow.
From top to bottom mkz1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the last pic under HPS.
Got a timer problem at the beginning of flowering...i was worried with slow flowering onset before I realised lamp were on during 30mn in the dark period.... My fault...
Now things went back on good tracks but they stretched too much.
5 and 6 are my two problem childs with most stretch and haze influence but 5 is filling nicely....6, the haziest and slowliest flowering of the bunch, looks a bit stressed by the feeding... I won't make an on mesure feeding just for her, so she will have to deal with it...
Other ones are more representative on what to expect with this bred.
Smell is very nice on most ones like a good mks but sweater... No berries fruitiness at all, just how I like!
Every plants had a few bottom buds pollinated with my Mkz Macho man.... I culled him this morning after collecting a good amount of pollen...fuck patriarchy and toxik masculinity! 😁

Sorry for the crappy pics

And above the two spice girls Wendy and Sandy... Not very clever but they have beautiful boobs heuu no buds sorry.
I prefer the second one structurally speaking... Both smell skunky lemony.
They were also pollinated by Macho Mkz man...

Looking at my veg tent I used to take individual picture I realised it needs a bit cleaning before musashi call me names for that....

Last edited:
Great looking plants...

About cleaning, you know, girls are not what htey used to be, they do mess around :D

Hi,
Overview of the grow...
As you can see nobody respect social distancing in there....
IMG_20210323_171419_compress55.jpg

Hope they won't catch the clap in the end of the grow...

The good news is that I'm moving to a new house this summer and will be able to build a proper grow room of 4 sqm.... I don't like those grow tents...

Last edited:
Back