MImedpatient's Log

When pulling the plant out of the pots you can see evidence of their presence. Either on the rootball or the sides of the container. Little white chalky looking areas. They repel water thats why regular pest control insecticide do not work.
the key to hydrophobic pests(and soils) are emulsifiers and surfactants. emulsifiers to make the oil and water more friendly, and the surfactant to make it hold onto the hydrophobic particles/organisms. It is why many people experience failure w/ even fresh Neem oil as a pesticide. they don't emulsify or add a surfactant.

That is true .
I have Shit and Ortega I’d like to run outdoors this spring.
Im on a cracked screen phone, lol.. middle one looked like has black head with translucent ass/forming wings. I see now, one next to that, on the right, has a mite shape head and pincers?
upon cursory research, it looks like I am going to choose botaniguard, neem/karanja oil drenches, and either SNS 203 or 209. I shall be doing a deep dive tomorow. I may also use Nuke Em or Dr Zymes, I do not want to apply to clones in cubes, I am gonna root them a few days into a solo cup and then go at them hard w/ drenches. ONCE EVERY 3 DAYS. for 30 days. I shall be drenching someith as the products have a 7-10 day active cycle, and the adults can live for 30 days. just snagged some of your psots to update you on whats going down.

Sounds like a solid plan, we started using sulfur burns a couple years ago and it kills any insects that are there and plants love it.

Sounds like a solid plan, we started using sulfur burns a couple years ago and it kills any insects that are there and plants love it.
I am not up for the sulfur burner. if this was in a detached garage, or an unoccupied home, yes. I would murder everything with the sulfur. isnt my 1st pest control ,and it wont be my last.

maybe thrips larvae
I am a masterful thrip murderer! they were my second pest problem almost a decade ago! I am pretty sure those are not thrips though
I reference was gifted to me w/ thrips from a hydroponic gardener(so much for hydro being cleaner to run than soil) thrips die to spinosad sprays like jacks dead bug brew and monterey garden spray w/spinosad! thrip larvae do not suck, they go inside the tissue of the weak stalk, or leaves and eat and shit up inside the plant,. I have weak ass thrips that die to a "quick" once every 72 hours for 30 days spray and top of the soil drench(must saturate 3 inces down minimum) regime, w/ the spinosad products. Im scared for when the new thrips from the west coast get here. that shit takes effort to deal with.

Hemp mites is the worst I’ve dealt with. Next time I’ll cull everything and start over. Most though hit them every 3 days and alternate your sprays and you’ll break the life cycle.

They’re an absolute nightmare.
yep. especially when you are gifted ones w/ systemic pesticide resistance. they are literally intimidating, and go from living on the plant to living on their webs. they don't care about being covered in oil, they don't dry out from alcohol sprays. you ever tried to save a plant by spraying it w/ pesticides that require a license to buy and spray(my neighbor has the AG pesticide licenses)? I have, the mites were all ready resistant.
you want to know what killed them? predatory insects. mites. the ones from ARBICO. ALL OF THEM. at the same time. they were an entrenched enemy. I sieged and won.

I was able to beat them but killed 2 plants in the process. I decided if I have them again I’ll cull and start over unless it’s a clone mom I can’t lose.

I was able to beat them but killed 2 plants in the process. I decided if I have them again I’ll cull and start over unless it’s a clone mom I can’t lose.
I hate the 2 month wait period in between restarts. the 2 month cycle allows for multiple hatching cycles to happen to make sure you have no eggs or adults. I've killed oms I shouldnt have. It really stops bothering you after you kill a 30 year old heirloom sativa. "what more special thing can I lose? nothing? exactly, its all just plants now"

I’d be devastated if i lost my Haze moms! I could imagine the emotions stirred up.
If you did, it would harden you to the loss of every other lifetime keeper you have lost or will lose in the future.
the 72 thai was my 1st loss to that 1st mite infestation. my dad accepted someone's plants after the 2009 blackout that they were gonna kill, and brought in the mitiest of mite covered plants, thinking it would be an easy fix. not understanding that this guy was gonna kill some heritage varieties because of how bad it was. it was beyond a learning experience. I now consider myself a potent pest pugilist. a mite mauling marauder. a gnat gnawing guerilla. The nematode's nemesis, the Scale scouring scourge, and soon, I shall be the artful aphid assaulter. yes, I find alliteration funny.

Log entry 12. I have drenched w/ T drops(Xanthan gum, and SNS 209(rosemary extract soap, humic acid) and I saturated and drained the clone cubes w/ clonex clone and seedling fertilizer / T drops and SNS 209 that didn't get potted up.
I should have done this to all of them. as many of the aphids were easily washed away. I am ordering the botanigard when I can, as the local stores don't have it in stock, meaning that everyone has root aphids who shops where I shop!
I bought more t drops and SNS since it wasn't in stock.,
SNS 209 is made w/ food grade rosemary extract, quillaja soap, and humic acid. for those who prefer DIY. this is my 1st war w/ root aphids. I am not starting my assault w/ DIY. I need to know what the bare minimum of commercial effectiveness is so I can replicate and surpass.

maybe thrips larvae
could you please tell me your preferred brand of I believe it was black oil or linseed oil. I forget what it was from the last time you mentioned it. I refuse to buy watered down vegetable oil products at inflated hydro store prices.

If you did, it would harden you to the loss of every other lifetime keeper you have lost or will lose in the future.
the 72 thai was my 1st loss to that 1st mite infestation. my dad accepted someone's plants after the 2009 blackout that they were gonna kill, and brought in the mitiest of mite covered plants, thinking it would be an easy fix. not understanding that this guy was gonna kill some heritage varieties because of how bad it was. it was beyond a learning experience. I now consider myself a potent pest pugilist. a mite mauling marauder. a gnat gnawing guerilla. The nematode's nemesis, the Scale scouring scourge, and soon, I shall be the artful aphid assaulter. yes, I find alliteration funny.

Log entry 12. I have drenched w/ T drops(Xanthan gum, and SNS 209(rosemary extract soap, humic acid) and I saturated and drained the clone cubes w/ clonex clone and seedling fertilizer / T drops and SNS 209 that didn't get potted up.
I should have done this to all of them. as many of the aphids were easily washed away. I am ordering the botanigard when I can, as the local stores don't have it in stock, meaning that everyone has root aphids who shops where I shop!
I bought more t drops and SNS since it wasn't in stock.,
SNS 209 is made w/ food grade rosemary extract, quillaja soap, and humic acid. for those who prefer DIY. this is my 1st war w/ root aphids. I am not starting my assault w/ DIY. I need to know what the bare minimum of commercial effectiveness is so I can replicate and surpass.

could you please tell me your preferred brand of I believe it was black oil or linseed oil. I forget what it was from the last time you mentioned it. I refuse to buy watered down vegetable oil products at inflated hydro store prices.

liquid black soap
it's a product for washing the floor it's 100% natural and it's not very expensive
for the brand I take briochin but I don't know if this brand is sold outside of France

Last edited:
liquid black soap
it's a product for washing the floor it's 100% natural and it's not very expensive
for the brand I take ricolin but I don't know if this brand is sold outside of France
thank you so much Quin!
This is the only black soap type products I can find. no floor soap. only Human soap.

thank you so much Quin!
This is the only black soap type products I can find. no floor soap. only Human soap.

it's very expensive liquid africain soap

i pay it around 3,5 euros

Back