U2 continuing to satisfy

I may do that. Dig it up and put it under a t5. IF it's female it might be very cold tolerant in flower. It was down to 26F a cpl days ago with very heavy frost and doing great today. I keep remembering reading where RCC wrote something like 95 to 97 % germination during low sun hrs are males. Maybe I'm lucky and it's a girl. U2 is an incredible plant. These F2 and F3's are stunning. As were the F1 moms. (y)

It has to come from the Early Queen. Then the Haze AC is like dipping them in acid. :eek: It's one of those genetic harmonies that just plain work. I've already decided the EQ has a spot in my garden this year. On my MNS gear I'm looking at EQ, Early Skunk Haze, European Outdoor, and another undecided haze. Maybe the Mango Haze or SSH. It's a hard decision.

I may do that. Dig it up and put it under a t5. IF it's female it might be very cold tolerant in flower. It was down to 26F a cpl days ago with very heavy frost and doing great today. I keep remembering reading where RCC wrote something like 95 to 97 % germination during low sun hrs are males. Maybe I'm lucky and it's a girl. U2 is an incredible plant. These F2 and F3's are stunning. As were the F1 moms. (y)

It has to come from the Early Queen. Then the Haze AC is like dipping them in acid. :eek: It's one of those genetic harmonies that just plain work. I've already decided the EQ has a spot in my garden this year. On my MNS gear I'm looking at EQ, Early Skunk Haze, European Outdoor, and another undecided haze. Maybe the Mango Haze or SSH. It's a hard decision.
May I suggest adding Early Skunk Haze, Critical haze, and Pink Floyd to your list of maybes? pink floyd is critical haze but with the AC male!

And if it is a cold hardy boy, he is worth painting up a branch of something with.

hola amigos, SOD, I can’t WAIT to watch you get after it this year. Started a little early, huh? Haha, nice!
“I keep remembering reading where RCC wrote something like 95 to 97 % germination during low sun hrs are males.”
Somehow this sits odd on me. I am under the assumption sex in the seed is determined at conception with chromosomes. Why, if I started 100 seeds under low light hrs, would 95-97 of them be males? Or maybe I’m reading it wrong and only 95-97 percent of those that DID germinate (but cannabis doesn’t need light as a precursor to germination) would be male. So if only 50 of the hundred I planted came up, 95/97 percent of those are male?
I don’t assume RCC is dead wrong, I think I’m missing the boat. Please throw me a life ring.
Cheers Pal

Last edited:
I was remembering a graph from the Appendix of Marijuana Botany on page 173. I guess the graph shows sex reversal at time of planting but I filed it away in the hard drive as % of females by month of germination. Well kinda, I guess. If they have both genes. I'm not sure where this is on the interweb so I just took a picture from my book. So I got it out of his book as reference material and extrapolated it, not something he said. hey, I'm 60 yrs old so forgetting some things. :unsure:
Resized_20210129_154433_2838[1].jpeg
Resized_20210129_154324_6266[1].jpeg

Last edited:
I was remembering a graph from the Appendix of Marijuana Botany on page 173. I guess the graph shows sex reversal at time of planting but I filed it away in the hard drive as % of females by month of germination. Well kinda, I guess. If they have both genes. I'm not sure where this is on the interweb so I just took a picture from my book. So I got it out of his book as reference material and extrapolated it, not something he said. hey, I'm 60 yrs old so forgetting some things. :unsure:
View attachment 49265
View attachment 49264
I am not yet that far only on page 122

Poison dirt isn't the beans fault. You have to have Faith.
the soil wasn't poison, it was on me. different brand, dried out faster than expected. you know how it is, sadness will make one forget to mention a beautiful girl who caused it. I don't use seedling blend. gotta wait on more cure to arrive. I am considering breaking on through
To the other side. as a pack of doors arrived.

the soil wasn't poison

No offense meant, that's what I say when something goes wrong. "It was the poison soil." 🤮 for whatever...

I always hate using something different or new. Most are waay too hot anyways. Man, I miss the days of years past to just walk into a grow shop and buy bags of Roots 409 or FoxFarm. I doubt any of the ones I used are still in business. They were so small anyway. Maybe one day it won't be a thang to have UPS bring me a pallet load. Why isn't cannabis legal yet??? chop chop dems...

No offense meant, that's what I say when something goes wrong. "It was the poison soil." 🤮 for whatever...

I always hate using something different or new. Most are waay too hot anyways. Man, I miss the days of years past to just walk into a grow shop and buy bags of Roots 409 or FoxFarm. I doubt any of the ones I used are still in business. They were so small anyway. Maybe one day it won't be a thang to have UPS bring me a pallet load. Why isn't cannabis legal yet??? chop chop dems...
I always take responsibility when all the larger plants in the smae mix were still thriving as they were able to suck more water from the larger soil volume.
I was using inert media, sunshine #4 instead of promix or pro mix hpcc blend. the place I go to sells all inert media 3-4cf bales at 25 dollars each, the store around the corner from my house, cheapest brands bale is 35. I am not used to using a coco w/ perlite only blend.
Fox farm is still acceptable. I like ocean forest as a basic tarting point for organics. mix equal parts old mix to new ocean forest, and it makes a surprisingly wonderful plant.
full legalization will be both good and bad. the price plummet will push all but those on commercial electricity out of growing on anything but a hobby scale. it may not even be worth growing enough for some people to grow a hobby size garden if the shops have the ability to keep consistent product on the shelves.
the stigmatization will reduce underage use as it wont be a cool rebellious act anymore, it will take many smokers in still illegal markets out of a drug house where they sell all kinds of drugs to a store front, once again reducing the usage rate of other drugs.

All I care about now is growing my own medicine. I just give away any excess.
my point was more so that a vast majority of people who grow for personal, even for medicinal, may not be able to justify the cost of growing it once they can go get an eight of something that came from a commercial indoor for 15 dollars that gets the job done. or an outdoor eighth for 5 dollars. after having spoken to local commercial growers, and knowing how scumbag their practices are, I only smoke my own anymore.

Yicks! The price of soil and supplies this year! And yet...
There's a satisfaction derived from cultivating one's medicine that cannot be met through the purchase of oftentimes inferior smoke; and smoking one's medicine and knowing what went into it and where the seed came from is another satisfaction I would surely miss. It has been years since I've purchased from a dispensary. Ha, they don't even sell real sativas! But for the non-grower, they do fill a need eh.

🤙Mu

Yicks! The price of soil and supplies this year! And yet...
There's a satisfaction derived from cultivating one's medicine that cannot be met through the purchase of oftentimes inferior smoke; and smoking one's medicine and knowing what went into it and where the seed came from is another satisfaction I would surely miss. It has been years since I've purchased from a dispensary. Ha, they don't even sell real sativas! But for the non-grower, they do fill a need eh.

🤙Mu
. I agree. there are no real sativa's on the store shelves. its barely profitable for a dispensary to grow a 12 week hybrid type plant like GMO Kush according to their metrics. even before we started to see actual regulation. I wouldn't consider something a sativa unless it was a long flower. and the mess is even further muddled when you start smoking all the niche Afghanica plants brought back by those traversing the hippe trail, or soldiers coming back from the war on terror, some afghani is super long flower like the Kandahar red. it wont senesce until 80 or 90 days of flower on some phenotypes.
I do know a few growers who will be non growers as soon as it drops below 100 an ounce before tax for something worth smoking, that's how inefficient they are. 16% sales tax on recreational, was 9% for medical, now its 6% like sales tax.
Imagine if they charged your grandma 6% tax on her pain meds. silly shit.

Back