hermie traits in nevilles haze?

300dutchman

greetings, i am currently growing "nevilles haze" week 2 of flower, i found a undeveloped seed in a calyx pod on one of them, has anyone had any hermie issues with the N.H before.

i have tried to upload some photos but the file is to large any suggestions, i have showed these pics to bubbleman marcus richardson, he figured these were not the original N.H, so now that there is no hermie trait i figure i do not have the true N.H. truly disappointed.

Have you had any males in that room before this Nevils haze grow?
Two weeks into flower and already a seed pod means it was pollenated as soon as the pistal was ripe.
Any latent pollen from a previous grow will still be viable and it moves around like dust

From your earlier words, can I assume you did not buy the seeds from here? It is the best assurance to purchase from the source. If you grew them indoors, @axiom has a good point. Reading your 250 island thread, do you have any other plants, strains growing concurrently in that same room? If so, have you visually inspected the other plants that may be the culprit?

🤙Mu

yes i have had males in my room in september, i figure the pollen would not if lasted that long, i should bleached my room down before the N.H was put in. i have 20 N.H plants in the room with the afghan and master kush, the kush's have just started to show pistil's. it took me a long time to get the N.H seeds which i ordered through the vancouver seed bank to get the N.H. like bubbleman said it is very hard to get the real deal in regards to the N.H. they look just weird to, i have 3 phenos going of the N.H one pheno is basically 3 fingered leaves, one pheno that looks like a normal plant it has 5-7 fingers for fan leaves, and the third pheno is short with tight lateral branching but skunk like in the shape like a christmas tree. at the moment in my starter room, i have shiva shantii 2, white skunk, hindu kush, skunk 1 from white lable and sensi seeds, truly bummed about my germ rate with all of those strains, it was less than a 50% germ rate, i have started some cotton candy cane as well from emerald triangle seeds with similar results 50%. i am thinking they could be old stock maybe, i know when i germ stuff from 5-7 years ago i get low germ rates. i must say the cotton candy cane is a excellent strain i have grown it outdoors on the island here and indoors, it is a fan favorite for sure, the terp profile is very rich, very potent high and long lasting.

i have tried to order from some places in eurpoe and getting the package to where i live is unavailable. i really want to try and make a massive clone tree from the N.H, i have heard some people have managed to graft like a 120 strains onto the haze genetics. i run from seed every time lol i do not use clones, primarily because i have a terrible rooting rate, i had great sucess rooting branches that would break off in the outdoor environment. so if there is a way for the required package to make it to where i live i will gladly order some.IMG_2085 - Copy (2) (Copy).JPG

this pic i just posted is the N.H i had in the summer, i will post more pics now that i have figured out the resizer download.

so here is some of my 2020 summer stuff, this stuff is complete random outdoor, i have been collecting seeds for 25 yrs lol, my outdoor stock came from a collection of seeds i acquired of the years from 1996-2006. although the weather was not supportive in september, the yield was still enough to get me through till summer 2021.

Attachments

• IMG_2149 (Copy).PNG
    IMG_2149 (Copy).PNG
    413.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2150 (Copy).PNG
    IMG_2150 (Copy).PNG
    381.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2151 (Copy).PNG
    IMG_2151 (Copy).PNG
    381.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2152 (Copy).PNG
    IMG_2152 (Copy).PNG
    382.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2153 (Copy).PNG
    IMG_2153 (Copy).PNG
    379.6 KB · Views: 24
Looks good bro. Awesome trees when do outdoor plants start flower where you are? No danger of frost? Seeing that you like sativa.

the flowering here starts early to mid august, i start my seeds in febuary inside normally, then veg until end of march inside then out they go first or second week of april in pots then in june i transplant to the actual soil in the garden. but i have strains that finish by end of august as well, im not sure as to what strain it is but it grows colas the size of my bicep by end of august. this one was taken second week of august due to heavy rains at the time, in needed another two weeks to fill out some more.

Attachments

• tree weed (Copy).JPG
    tree weed (Copy).JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
Looks good bro. Awesome trees when do outdoor plants start flower where you are? No danger of frost? Seeing that you like sativa.
i find the terp rofile of sativas more appealing than the fuelly diselly strains, and i like the high of landrace vs hybrids as well, the high to me with hybrids is anxiety driven not relaxing or calming more speedy if you will.

No need to bleach a room after any males are grown in it. Water works to nullify any viable pollen. Mist it all down and that is all it really takes. I spray out my greenhouses after any males bloom in them with water and hydrogen peroxide (one cup of 3% H2O2 per gallon of well water) to nullify the pollen, kill any stray mites and/or mite eggs and any thrips. I currently have 5 small greenhouses that I grow and breed in, and two indoor grow and dark rooms. No mite transfers between years, and no adverse pollination. Pollen only remains viable for about a week at most in my experience, unless it is dried and frozen within a day or two. It depends in the humidity. I also bleach my plastic pots between grows, and I do not re-use soil. The used cannabis soil I use for potting up bamboos in my bamboo nursery here. No crossover or carry over of any root bound pests that way.

so i have a question then in regards to what traits will be passed on from the male or female, so how do you know what traits will be transferred, so i just grew out bruce banner 3 and gorilla glue 4 and kali mist and white voodoo and i used the banner male to pollinate the rest, what can i expect for results or is it a total guess as to what traits will be transferred.

so i have a question then in regards to what traits will be passed on from the male or female, so how do you know what traits will be transferred, so i just grew out bruce banner 3 and gorilla glue 4 and kali mist and white voodoo and i used the banner male to pollinate the rest, what can i expect for results or is it a total guess as to what traits will be transferred.
These varieties Bruce Banner, Gorilla glue are popular because of a single female clone of each type. Even if you self it or make seed from male pollen or feminised female pollen you will only be growing half the plant you are trying to grow.
First you must know how the seed was made and the pollen source so the traits of each parent can be observed.
I guess to answer your question you must observe both parents (when possible) and multiple offspring to determine what traits came from which parent.

Where did you get the Bruce Banner from?
Did you use the citrus (#3) chemotype or the strawberry (#5) type?

In breeding the genetic spread is theoretically 25/50/25
If you have a while cow and a black cow that breed, colour which is fairly simple, should be white 1/4 the time, 1/4 black and half should be blue/roan.
But it's not that simple.

If you find a male that only gives a little of itself to his daughters, that might suit you.
It will allow the mums to shine through in the F1.
If you get a male that really impressed himself onto his daughters then that might suit you too.
Weed is a lot like humans.
They are all individuals.
Some people have kids that look very much like one parent, some kids look inbetween their parents.
That's why testing males is so important in weed breding.

OG and GG are both prone to intersex from.stress, 🤞 good luck with your batch.

Last edited:
These varieties Bruce Banner, Gorilla glue are popular because of a single female clone of each type. Even if you self it or make seed from male pollen or feminised female pollen you will only be growing half the plant you are trying to grow.
First you must know how the seed was made and the pollen source so the traits of each parent can be observed.
I guess to answer your question you must observe both parents (when possible) and multiple offspring to determine what traits came from which parent.
well then these banner crosses will hopefully turn out, i have heard about the gg4 being s1 seed or hermie traits, if i would of know that to start i would of never bought the gg4. so basically i will have to grow out every seed make clones and keep one just in case it proves to be a winner, i have over 10k of seed from the banner and friends room, this will take awhile. so when picking a male i have read that i am to look for a fast male, tall, and sticky, so the first two traits i can identify but to be honest i have come across very few males that are sticky, i find the male is dropping pollen before any kind of thrichrome is present.

Where did you get the Bruce Banner from?
Did you use the citrus (#3) chemotype or the strawberry (#5) type?

In breeding the genetic spread is theoretically 25/50/25
If you have a while cow and a black cow that breed, colour which is fairly simple, should be white 1/4 the time, 1/4 black and half should be blue/roan.
But it's not that simple.

If you find a male that only gives a little of itself to his daughters, that might suit you.
It will allow the mums to shine through in the F1.
If you get a male that really impressed himself onto his daughters then that might suit you too.
Weed is a lot like humans.
They are all individuals.
Some people have kids that look very much like one parent, some kids look in between their parents.
That's why testing males is so important in weed breeding.

OG and GG are both prone to intersex from.stress, 🤞 good luck with your batch.
the banner was acquired via attitude seed bank website, possibly true north seed bank. the banner was banner#3 according to the package but in reality who knows, so when you say test the males, do you mean dry the male out and roll him up, i usually do not get any flower structure to the male's its just pollen sacs. that's interesting even if i made s1 out of the banner it would only be half of what it was, so i would need the pollen from the male that created the original bb3 in order to maintain the bb3 i bought.

Back