MNS's most underrated strain

Mark

With everything that's been going on in this crazy world lately, I've decided to start doing a bit of prepping to make sure I have a good stock with me should the worst things happen. It just occurred to me that it would be good to ask the question to the forum on what they think is MNS's most underrated strain. I'm particularly interested in what varieties @shantibaba considers to be the ones that don't move anywhere near as much as he expected they should. Aside from my personal reasons, I reckon it's a good way to get some love for some of the low sellers and make sure none of the hidden gems end up getting dropped from the range because they're not selling.

If you have more than one to offer up, please do. Tell us what makes it a good plant in your eyes and why you think it's not as popular as it should be. Give us some detail rather than throwaway comments.

I'd suggest trying one of the Rock & Roll series. Music is a real personal choice and I almost didn't try some of them due to that. Big mistake, the Haze AC male puts an already spectacular plant on a whole new level. You can feel the plateau like incredible music. So ignore the names of the bands and just enjoy the music.

I feel you about the apocalyptic hoarding, as my fridge will testify.
Although I have grown MNS from 3rd party resellers I always felt it wasn't quite the real thing
so I made the leap, booked a window seat and jumped onboard. Having received my order
mid summer it was too hot outside to turn my lights on so I threw a few on my back balcony.
Ended up bringing the Cure and the Stones inside to finish up, which they did rather nicely and
are currently in jars curing. Of course I snagged a sample of each to get an idea. Both astounded
me in ways too elaborate to detail. The Stones knocked me tf out, and I'm a heavy smoker.
You're right @slabsofdank about the influence on auditory senses. The Cure so far has been my
Bob Marley daytime vibe. Light and smooth but no question that I was soaring..
It's been about 3-4 days that I've been exclusively been smoking MNS and can already feel my brain
be more organized. My place is clean, appetite is ravenous and mood is content.

I think the Master Kush series has been forgotten. Underestimated or perhaps considered passe to other Kushes. Master Kush Skunk and the very underrated IMJ, Master Kaze. Some great, hardy plants to be found. And speaking of the R&R series, I can't wait to try the Stones. The Cure is a magic carpet ride!

🤙
Mu

Stones is a brilliant plant. Never thought of it as underrated. Same as la Niña. The auctions can get into some seasonal bidding wars. Get on auctions and whatever you pick up for base price would seem like the most underrated strains, which could be any one of them at the right time. Hope shanti reads this thread and answers, be some good insight..

Last edited:
Yeah, if it smelled like that, I wouldn't be able to grow that outdoors in my neighborhood without drawing out all the coyotes lol. I agree, not much on Devil.

🤙
Mu

Luckily someone in my neighborhood has been feeding a family of skunks for generations,
it's something we banter on about in passing, " have you seen pepe, no? but we all smell him.."
IMO the nose knows, if Devil stinks that bad I'll be planting some tonight!

Axiom, I think you got it.. spice... strain I’d forgotten all about, yet something I’ve wanted to grow..devils a nice outdoor plant.. wouldn’t be too concerned about smell, grow stinkier skunks from here. Would be a selection process for the pungent

I am gonna have to say Critical Mass. but that has to do w/ the fact the pack I grew a decade ago was phenomenal. and the local cut at the time was the most disappointing, early harvested, low smell, low flavor, fast finishing, version of CM that could be imagined. I got a cut of it, and it was ok when taken to week 8. but I am pretty sure the commercial growers were pulling it at week 6. All plants from the MNS pack I bought were all spectacular plants, and I had 3 of 9 lady plants pop up w/ the big gene. , and Acrid, My yard is on the edge of some skunk's territory. the Male gassed my new dog her 3rd night here while he was out on patrol. got her right in the mouth. He is now a very easy to startle boy. and just sprays as soon as he hears us in the yard when he is nearby.

Last edited:
I am gonna have to say Critical Mass. but that has to do w/ the fact the pack I grew a decade ago was phenomenal. and the local cut at the time was the most disappointing, early harvested, low smell, low flavor, fast finishing, version of CM that could be imagined. I got a cut of it, and it was ok when taken to week 8. but I am pretty sure the commercial growers were pulling it at week 6. All plants from the MNS pack I bought were all spectacular plants, and I had 3 of 9 lady plants pop up w/ the big gene. , and Acrid, My yard is on the edge of some skunk's territory. the Male gassed my new dog her 3rd night here while he was out on patrol. got her right in the mouth. He is now a very easy to startle boy. and just sprays as soon as he hears us in the yard when he is nearby.
Dish soap works, v8 not so much .. I learned through trial and error myself.
My dogs know better now, they don't like baths :D

Last edited:
Thanks all...some good suggestions there. I'm going to get the whole rock'n'roll series, it seems they were a bit underrated for a while but have started to gain some popularity more recently. I could do with some help on prioritizing which one of those to run first though. Growstone's vouch for the Stones seems pretty encouraging as does Acrid's Bob Marley vibe with the Cure, and I've always thought of the Doors as sounding like it's my kind of thing.

The Master Kush collection sounds interesting. I already plan on getting the Stones - is there a pressing reason I should look at MK x SK or Master Kaze as well?

I agree on Mango Widow - I've grown it and am surprised it's not more popular. I would like to pick up more of those but I haven't seen it up for auction for quite a while so I might have to get in touch with Sara.

Thanks for mentioning Spice and Devil - they don't get much time in the spotlight. Does anyone have any first hand feedback on those?

Early Skunk is another I don't know much about - I hve a friend that could be very interested in those. Can you tell us a bit more about those Growstone? How was the effect, what kind of flavours, yield?

Some others I've noticed that seem to be going under the radar are Neville's Skunk, Neville's Haze Mango, N.H.S. and New Skunk. Does anyone have any feedback on those?

Back