Mutes mites

Growstone

First time in close 30years I’ve had spider mites. I think due to unkept environment (long story).. Neville haze.. Washed them off under shower, whole plant, trying to keep pot and medium dry.. works well for those like me that dont trust poisons in plants..

I've had them exactly once from a old rosetta stone clone someone gifted (yea right) me with.
Ripped the whole grow down and removed everything including lights, fans, wall coverings, etc.
Sprayed everything with bleach and let sit for 4-5 days then sprayed it all again.
Put everything back and have never had another incident.
Nothing better than the nuclear approach.

Did washing them work?

I've knocked down mites with Nuke 'Em and Big Time Exterminator. Nuke 'Em is OMRI listed. Active ingredients are listed as citrus and potassium sorbate. Good luck!

Beware of russet/hemp mite. Now thats something none of you guys want, believe me when I say that. These things are a serious pain to get rid of, an can destroy evrything you have. If any of you guys go out and get clones from outside sources even if there friends please check for these, also probably a good idea to quarantine anything new that comes in. These have become a serious issues in the community, please be aware.

Did washing them work?

I've knocked down mites with Nuke 'Em and Big Time Exterminator. Nuke 'Em is OMRI listed. Active ingredients are listed as citrus and potassium sorbate. Good luck!
Yes it did work.. I used warm water (not sure if helped, just what I did)... the plant was little stressed for couple days then bounced back. Stress might have been caused with shaking excess water out and bending couple of branches.. I’m not sure what type of mites I had, there were eggs on every leaf and couple webs were just beginning..
N2ishun, nuclear approach cleaning the environment defiantly.. just in small hobby grows, poisons not required on my plants..

Last edited:
Back