Refresshing Skunk.

@longball give this a try.

Mu

"Skunk" is a strain, but it's also a catch-all term for the smell of certain cannabis smells. I just cloned a (gorilla glue x ?)x simply irresistible and it stinks like I have a skunk in my closet.
No matter what anyone claims, plants get called "skunk" that have little of it in their line. Stories however, sell seeds and weed.

The proof is in the plants.

If I was looking to breed a skunky smelling heavy yielding highly resinous plant.
I would grow as many Nordle females and Skunk Haze males I could manage and work in those two lines to produce the seed.
Also the moms selected will be great production mother plants.
Nordle x SkHz
This is what I would do.🤔😎👍

If I was looking to breed a skunky smelling heavy yielding highly resinous plant.
I would grow as many Nordle females and Skunk Haze males I could manage and work in those two lines to produce the seed.
Also the moms selected will be great production mother plants.
Nordle x SkHz
This is what I would do.🤔😎👍

Thanks for the tip.
You may want to just invest in Shanti's ASH strain though.

If you are happy to work a skunk haze cross, then that line would be as good as any, and a lot better than most.
Hz*affy/nordle as far as I understand the breeding.
Shanti's Afghan/skunk dude was described as looking as if it was encrusted in diamonds,, due to his resin production and with great structure, if I remember correctly.

Check the grow reports on the ASH forum.
Some really interesting and worthy unique phenotype/recessives.
Very easy growing, high yielding and great effects are described.

When Nevil was still active on the forum, he mentioned he was impressed with the breeding Shanti had produced with that line, and mentioned the citrus smelling skunk types as something worth looking for.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.
You may want to just invest in Shanti's ASH strain though.

If you are happy to work a skunk haze cross, then that line would be as good as any, and a lot better than most.
Hz*affy/nordle as far as I understand the breeding.
Shanti's Afghan/skunk dude was described as looking as if it was encrusted in diamonds,, due to his resin production and with great structure, if I remember correctly.

Check the grow reports on the ASH forum.
Some really interesting and worthy unique phenotype/recessives.
Very easy growing, high yielding and great effects are described.

When Nevil was still active on the forum, he mentioned he was impressed with the breeding Shanti had produced with that line, and mentioned the citrus smelling skunk types as something worth looking for.

Cheers
Yeah thanks Vlad
You know I’ve read almost every post and thread on this website since it began...day1
If I buy the finished seed then I am bound by what it yields
If I make the finished seed then I have the ability and liberty to change it where I see fit.
Not all growers work indoors and everyone who grows outdoors have different climates.
I live far south and you would think it would be late season harvests, but I also have cool night temps even in summer time because of the high desert elevation
So I need to adjust my finished seed to meet my special needs so they finish ontime before frost hits thus ending that season.
This year it ended three weeks earlier than normal.
I got lucky and made a respectable harvest albeit three weeks earlier.
This year was SSH, G13Haze, Afghan Haze
All outdoor
All ripe enough to harvest in
October...😳
☝️

Nice thread here. All my friends love when the smell of some crazy strong skunk, now that it’s considerably less shameful, and a lot more legal to carry around a skunk in your pocket. I went for g13 skunks because I was looking for the strongest, dankest skunk smell I could find. But first a disclaimer- I’m pretty sure these are MNS seeds ( especially after the grow and sampling) but you never know what I was given. It seems to me like the pictures and highs are right on. Anyhow I also grew a couple g 13 hazes as well to see if there were any similarities I could identify from the G13 and to compare the high of skunk and haze because I didnt have a clue. I heard (a total rumor)they don’t have skunks in Europe so breeders there dont know what skunks smell like? Is that true? What about California? I smell a real skunk in my backyard at least twice every year in Michigan. I search for a plant that smells like that. I have smelled really skunky plants but not the exact same musky scent. Back in the 90s ‘tis true that some of the Mexican brick weed had a dank skunk like aroma that could not be contained by bag or pocket or house for that matter. It wasn’t good for your under the radar operation back in the days of prohibition. That is the uncontainable smell I am searching for, but in my search, I’ll happily roast the G 13 skunks I grew. But they did not smell like an actual skunk one little bit or even weed for that matter. The smells were very delicate and subtle but grew in flowering. One smelled exactly like pleasant wildflowers and women’s perfume, not a bit like skunk. The other smelled a little baby shitty, a little garlicky, almost like a tarragon mushroom chicken cream sauce, mostly, mixed with a little of nice hotel’s faint flower smelling soap but no skunk. The weed scent was limited to garlicky. While the smells are very strong, when u open that jar, these are of pleasant flowers and delicate food, delicious, but not of offensive odors. More like the cat of Pepe LaPew. The highs are pretty awesome. Halfway through your first toke of the wildflower it will feel like a warm shower on your back. You will know you are stoned. One toke your taking a shower. From there it is a huge happy pot of coffee but with no dehydration for a few hours. A little shaky. It tastes like a delicate orange citrus. I think of mixing it with Orange Hill Special what would happen? After a few weeks curing the taste is continuing to improve, if possible. Pretty intense body buzz that is improving! with the cure as well. The tarragon food smelling one tastes like a berry but a little metallic and muted somehow? and the stone is more deep and dirty and heart pounding kind of more stone than the clean high of the other g13 skunk. Both smelled like good old school skunk smoke when burned. Not sure of the finish time, I’ll check, but not 49 days. It was over 12 weeks for both. The hazes finished before them both. I’ll admit I don’t know what I’m doing though. Maybe I messed up somehow. Anyhow awesome plants both. Delicate flowers and food is how I would describe the smells going on there. While I hoped for the total skunk, the smells are still astounding. I started with g13 skunk but now I am thinking I need to see if I can find a Shit that is a skunky specimen if I can. Has any one had any luck skunking it out with either of these strains?

Attachments

• 6C3A9787-FED6-4E16-8648-131877E16B7E.jpg
    6C3A9787-FED6-4E16-8648-131877E16B7E.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 24CCB0D0-6BC1-4AC1-A219-2AF2936044F9.jpg
    24CCB0D0-6BC1-4AC1-A219-2AF2936044F9.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 19
Yeah thanks Vlad
You know I’ve read almost every post and thread on this website since it began...day1
If I buy the finished seed then I am bound by what it yields
If I make the finished seed then I have the ability and liberty to change it where I see fit.
Not all growers work indoors and everyone who grows outdoors have different climates.
I live far south and you would think it would be late season harvests, but I also have cool night temps even in summer time because of the high desert elevation
So I need to adjust my finished seed to meet my special needs so they finish ontime before frost hits thus ending that season.
This year it ended three weeks earlier than normal.
I got lucky and made a respectable harvest albeit three weeks earlier.
This year was SSH, G13Haze, Afghan Haze
All outdoor
All ripe enough to harvest in
October...😳

Hey man.
A lot of reading since day dot.
Cool you had a successful season, if not perfect.
Can you tell us where you live?

I'm a big fan of nordle, had a lot of fun growing it
Picked a little male that had that candelabra look, wider than tall.
Nordle can really put out the stink if grown right.
ASH is pretty quick, and you see in the thread a few growers report a monster yielder that comes in around 63 days.

I've got some nev skunk seed and it's a toss up whether to do a selection of which of those two lines.
I have to grow indoors where I am now mostly.
My only back yard grow this year will be a CBD/THC 15?/<O.3, and maybe a couple of pure god I got bred fromt he 2004# cup winning cut with joti male ( goddess redux )

Cheers

Nice thread here. All my friends love when the smell of some crazy strong skunk, now that it’s considerably less shameful, and a lot more legal to carry around a skunk in your pocket. I went for g13 skunks because I was looking for the strongest, dankest skunk smell I could find. But first a disclaimer- I’m pretty sure these are MNS seeds ( especially after the grow and sampling) but you never know what I was given. It seems to me like the pictures and highs are right on. Anyhow I also grew a couple g 13 hazes as well to see if there were any similarities I could identify from the G13 and to compare the high of skunk and haze because I didnt have a clue. I heard (a total rumor)they don’t have skunks in Europe so breeders there dont know what skunks smell like? Is that true? What about California? I smell a real skunk in my backyard at least twice every year in Michigan. I search for a plant that smells like that. I have smelled really skunky plants but not the exact same musky scent. Back in the 90s ‘tis true that some of the Mexican brick weed had a dank skunk like aroma that could not be contained by bag or pocket or house for that matter. It wasn’t good for your under the radar operation back in the days of prohibition. That is the uncontainable smell I am searching for, but in my search, I’ll happily roast the G 13 skunks I grew. But they did not smell like an actual skunk one little bit or even weed for that matter. The smells were very delicate and subtle but grew in flowering. One smelled exactly like pleasant wildflowers and women’s perfume, not a bit like skunk. The other smelled a little baby shitty, a little garlicky, almost like a tarragon mushroom chicken cream sauce, mostly, mixed with a little of nice hotel’s faint flower smelling soap but no skunk. The weed scent was limited to garlicky. While the smells are very strong, when u open that jar, these are of pleasant flowers and delicate food, delicious, but not of offensive odors. More like the cat of Pepe LaPew. The highs are pretty awesome. Halfway through your first toke of the wildflower it will feel like a warm shower on your back. You will know you are stoned. One toke your taking a shower. From there it is a huge happy pot of coffee but with no dehydration for a few hours. A little shaky. It tastes like a delicate orange citrus. I think of mixing it with Orange Hill Special what would happen? After a few weeks curing the taste is continuing to improve, if possible. Pretty intense body buzz that is improving! with the cure as well. The tarragon food smelling one tastes like a berry but a little metallic and muted somehow? and the stone is more deep and dirty and heart pounding kind of more stone than the clean high of the other g13 skunk. Both smelled like good old school skunk smoke when burned. Not sure of the finish time, I’ll check, but not 49 days. It was over 12 weeks for both. The hazes finished before them both. I’ll admit I don’t know what I’m doing though. Maybe I messed up somehow. Anyhow awesome plants both. Delicate flowers and food is how I would describe the smells going on there. While I hoped for the total skunk, the smells are still astounding. I started with g13 skunk but now I am thinking I need to see if I can find a Shit that is a skunky specimen if I can. Has any one had any luck skunking it out with either of these strains?

Sounds like some cool stuff you grew.

I don't mind the flower smell.
From.shit, I reckon the red fruit smelling pheno is the better chemotype, so the smell like a skunk is probably the last thing I need from.it.

I have a skunk/Santa Marta gold plant, and her brother, one of only dudes I keep
The skunk/SMG is incredibly resinous and smells like really high quality leather seats with a citrus chemical smell also.
I call her Sally. Tall, she's built sweet.
Very easy to handle effect, but like doing yoga. When I smoke her the tension comes out of my lower back, glutes and hips. But no hunger or heaviness/laziness on comedown.
Her brother smells more like citrus/fruity/gum.

Got some goddess pure that smell like two day old pinapple skins/fresh rotting meat, but not like side of road.
More like something that's going a bit slimy in the fridge.

Got some pure citrus skunk from Canada bred from cali O/skunk as ibl to mess around with also

I like that skunk is very easy growing.
I prefer the bit later selections, not the really quick ones.
A great med that hits the mood really well, and even when powerful, it's not confronting.
You can share it with occasional smokers, and as long as they don't have more than they need, they won't go too introspective.
Great to have around a larger group of ppl too, at a BBQ or whatever.

Good luck going through MNS shit.
That stuff would have to be some of the best value by price stuff out there in 2020 💩🌲

Last edited:
I concur with your effects of a relaxing up effect of the preferable skunk. Yes sweeter scents. One plant was wayyy more branchier than the other if you were interested in yield but it was also more powerful so clear winner. If Covid wasn’t here I’d be able to test its effect on the community even better but I can feel it’s a fun time with your buddies. Yeah your mind is not totally tripped out. I only use water but it seems the terpinator scent( which I hate) would go hand in hand with this strain if used properly, where as i personally think it tastes way out of place in other strains.

Hmm rotting meat you say? One of my g13 hazes I called it lionsbreath for about two months because it smelled like rotten ass meat. You would smell it and go aughhh! And then have to immediately smell it again not believing how rottenly delicious it was. The second time was no better. One day in the last few weeks it turned into straight vanilla ice cream scent and stayed thereafter. No more lionsbreath. Just vanilla haze. Weird.

Hmm rotting meat you say? One of my g13 hazes I called it lionsbreath for about two months because it smelled like rotten ass meat. You would smell it and go aughhh! And then have to immediately smell it again not believing how rottenly delicious it was. The second time was no better. One day in the last few weeks it turned into straight vanilla ice cream scent and stayed thereafter. No more lionsbreath. Just vanilla haze. Weird.
Yeah, terps are funny.
My Sally cut is smelling a bit in veg this run, hints of dead/rotten. But I can't tell what.
Maybe it smells like raw hides about to be tanned ( the leather )
A bit of oil based paint coming through now also, but not like pure thinners.
She's in coco, and veg under straight CMH, so the terps r pretty obvious for her stage.
They go from 20/4 to 13/11 tomorrow
🙏🤞.IMG_20201108_063618.jpg

Last edited:
Hey man.
A lot of reading since day dot.
Cool you had a successful season, if not perfect.
Can you tell us where you live?

I'm a big fan of nordle, had a lot of fun growing it
Picked a little male that had that candelabra look, wider than tall.
Nordle can really put out the stink if grown right.
ASH is pretty quick, and you see in the thread a few growers report a monster yielder that comes in around 63 days.

I've got some nev skunk seed and it's a toss up whether to do a selection of which of those two lines.
I have to grow indoors where I am now mostly.
My only back yard grow this year will be a CBD/THC 15?/<O.3, and maybe a couple of pure god I got bred fromt he 2004# cup winning cut with joti male ( goddess redux )

Cheers
I tried the ASH a few years ago. It is very easy to grow. A bit sensitive to my climate for some reason .
one of my all time MNS finished hybrids is the Mango Widow I believe I have a photo of my plant in the strains section.
the Afghan Haze is also my plant photo.
Mr Nice Seeds are unique in so many ways compared to other seed re salers .
SB gives us the lock and the key with several of his IBL and very stable F1 hybrids.
His poly hybrids are some of the best on the planet.
Nevil gave us so much to work with before we even knew what we had.
His growing and breeding advice here is most welcomed to anyone working within his original works.
I haven’t been online for many years until recently when I saw SB video on the tube so I figured Id see if I still had an active account here.
Best Cannabis website on the Net IMO.
Straight forward tons of experienced gardening info.
Good people for the most part.
When you find that really special plant
Keep it at all costs because they are rare and difficult to replace at any price.
Peace ✌️
ax

A mate of mine in Ontario sent me some Canadian bred beans he had in his fridge, and I germed them last night after some beers.

2 white widow that are preserved from Shanti's work at GHS.
These r bred to more indica style and quite fast maturing
2 super skunk, that I was really happy to get
The breeder doesn't support them anymore.
They have a lot of pure old strains, and do skunks really well.
These would be better than the sensi stock they were developed from, I'm sure
If I get anything from those two, I'll go down the nordle path again, and make some cross seed if I can.

Best was 5 citrus skunk.
Marc Emery offered Dutch Passion's Cali O back in the 90's.
The seed bank offered it originally.
( I remember/misremember? Shanti saying he has orange beans he got from Nevil and am hoping it will be developed in future, 🍊 shark maybe, or nordled.)
The canadian breeder kept and developed theirs for ages, as an 🍊/skunk ibl. A citrusy sweet lemony, cheesey style of terps..
It seems to have become popular again as Tangie.
Crockett reckons he had the old Dutch passion stock floating around in his uncle's garden, but DNA reckons it's bred from clementine.
Only good line available was from Canada, so easy enough to believe he just cracked a big selection of that stock.
Really looking forward to finding something worth keeping from that line.

My goddess redux (@2004 high times champion cup cut / ibl male developed from jordan's stock) reeks like two day old pinapple skins that are just starting to ferment with a hint of gamey meat, like slimy beef mince left too long in the fridge.
Just got a pic come back from someone I gave a cut off to.
He isn't best gardener, but it's outside, so at least it's sun grown, and finished just after spring equinox, so she did well.

# Is that Nev's arm in the old seed bank pic?
Last two pics are seed bank' 🍊, which would be what MNS is holding.IMG-20201028-WA0000.jpg27041217737992983_2x (2).jpg27041209446856346_2x.jpg27041200877333594_2x.jpg

Last edited:
you didn’t find a link between your g13 hybrids in smell? All I’ve grown (here and elsewhere) gave as a distinct rubber type thing (In my head I know it as g13smell) going on, either pronounced or deep within..

They are god skunks.
Dutch passion purple ( 80's haze cross Kandahar black ) * skunk #1 produced a line called Shaman.
That was put to an Hawaiian male, to produce an Hawaiian skunk seed line.
A cut was floating around Canada, similar to many pnw heritage indica types and quite outstanding ( oh my god )
They put H.skunk male over the oh my god cut, and away we go.

Some expressions are too trippy for many people to feel comfortable, but after a while it feels like a 100kg warm blanket is covering you.
Very relaxing.
She can run to berry/grape/forest litter/dirt, but the cup winner was a rotten pinapple, with slight musk and vanilla notes.

I don't grow any g13, but I'll have a go at MNS g13/widow soon enough.

I got some pure blockhead and some mad scientist ( herijauna*GHS original widow for my kids ) but not really an indica fan.
I'm lazy enough on default setting, and hate the munchies.

Here is a picture of the blockhead ibl.
Bred for the cerebral chemotype, it's quite stimulating, and not like her ST2 daddy
Product 19 ( female parent line ) was a real treat.Blockhead6 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Its not my mate.

Seattle Greg is the guy that created, BREEDER of NL5,... Greg McCallister. I dont know the dude, I wish i did... and he.. GREG, gave the genetics to everyone, Nevil included. The NL5 cut he gave Nevil was crossed with either NL1, or NL2. Technically Nevil, and Sensi Seeds had a Hybrid of NL5, but Sensi called it NL5... Nevil actually called it Basic 5.
Seattle Greg, is in his 70s. He is the originator of NL5, and still holds the original genetics. Dont forget. Nevils NL5 cut, originated in USA, from Seattle Greg.

Ky is, and always has been in the top for marijuana cultivation. Both indoors, and out.

The Sensi Seeds NL5 used to be pure fire. Some of the best stuff youll find, and almost every plant was super potent. Its junk now, and isnt even advertised as NL5 anymore. Only NL. Just trying to let you know about some good genetics not trying to start a war. Dont want em, dont buy em.

Nevil actually had the usa nl#5 clone which he aquired himself through a different source as well as the seeds greg sent him. Also to make #1 the nl crew actually used murphys afghan put to nevils mazar, this is how the base of the nl lines was created. Nevil selected his own nl5 clone an wen testing found his own nl5 clone was a superior breeding plant to the original usa nl#5 clone.

Nevil actually had the usa nl#5 clone which he aquired himself through a different source as well as the seeds greg sent him. Also to make #1 the nl crew actually used murphys afghan put to nevils mazar, this is how the base of the nl lines was created. Nevil selected his own nl5 clone an wen testing found his own nl5 clone was a superior breeding plant to the original usa nl#5 clone.
Yes, the U.S NL#5 and Nevs cut were 2 totally different cuts
I reallydont know what to believe when it comes to Greg.
It's interesting that he has held the NL genetics for so long, yet he,s come along all these years later to cash in on them.
He is also so arrogant, when asked a question he goes on some tangent usually unrelated to the question asked, and pretty much tells his Herbie's speel and that's about it
He,s been going to open his NL seedbank, but no one seems to want to work with him
Seems even Arjan who initially agreed to work with him has had a change of heart, which says so much!!!
Todd and his rip off seeds, seems he,s really trying to cash in
You can pre-order the NL#5 seed, but you don't get then until April 2021..but if you pre order now he,LL double your order, but did he mention you won't get them till April 2021, yeah mate...you mentioned it about 10 times in the same paragraph on your website.
You mentioned it a little to many times Todd...aka, you probably won't receive shit, or I'll come up with some excuse that order info was lost, and regardless, you want your details stored by a proven lier and snitch?
Um...nooooo!

Back