U2 continuing to satisfy

Ive got a little spec or two of bud rot and a splotch or two of WPM but considering the extreme humidity I’m looking pretty good. I’ve got some Neem and some BT but I haven’t used it yet.
I did spread diatomaceous earth over the soil and fabric pots. I have had good luck with it. Prior to the DE I was getting (stink bugs, millipedes, earwigs, and these boxy horseshoe crab bugs)
Your garden looks fantastic. Next year I will have to get some red fake tomatos!
You are looking good!

I grew out an auction of U2 and had 6 females and 4 males in the summer of 2019. I selected the earliest flowering male and bred him to the females. Each female had a little different amount of pollen as I still wanted some free of seed. After a few mild frosts they finally went until Nov 7 before an ice storm ended their run.

I hung the whole plants to dry for several weeks then separated the buds and jarred each into labeled by plant. I cured them for 3 months before sampling. Wow, the fruitness and haze blows me away. These are the sweetest smoking plants I've grown since 1976.

Oh yes, the seed did well. Just a couple of the slower plants did not fully mature the seed and was pale. The other 4 plants made pretty dark seed.

I planted some of #2 and #6 this year and they are just now sexing. Mostly 8 foot now, no males this time and hoping for mid to late November.

I'll get some pictures up when I can.
What state?

got a little spec or two of bud rot and a splotch or two of WPM but considering the extreme humidity I’m looking pretty good. I’ve got some Neem and some BT but I haven’t used it yet
You need to address that pm. neem and bt for the critters, and remedy or bayer full spectrum fungicide for any molds you see. Combine the caterpiller feces with the mold spores and high humidity, you can lose a whole crop. Been there. These east texas summers are tropical, then throw in a hurricane or two. Harvest time is always humid and wet.

Your garden looks fantastic. Next year I will have to get some red fake tomatos!
You are looking good!
Hahaha, yeah thanks. just be sure to loosely attach them or it will girdle the stem.
Resized_20200914_065743_5951[1].jpegResized_20200914_065802_7247[1].jpegResized_20200914_065835_9108[1].jpeg

Beautiful pictures, slabsofdank! What are you using for a camera?

Longball
Funny, I used to lug a camera around but this is just my cell. a samsung galaxy S7. It does alright until I try to zoom in. Pretty easy to grab the pictures. Even I figured it out. After my wife showed me. :cool:

I did spread diatomaceous earth over the soil and fabric pots. I have had good luck with it. Prior to the DE I was getting (stink bugs, millipedes, earwigs, and these boxy horseshoe crab bugs)
I've tried it but seems to always turn into a mushy mess. My humidity is just too high most of the time , I just fed it to my cows.

Those pictures are truly expressive. Bravo.
Your plants are gonna need a bigger bra any day now. They are filling in so nice. I took a few pics of my U2 today while reconing for my own update soon. I put the good ones here, I save the bud rot photo for my thread. Haha
I think your plants are shading mine.
DF2AD73F-4355-4E60-BBE2-F79DF209C7CF.jpegC6BA0A90-7EFC-4107-89F5-20E7E85DCAC5.jpeg

Those pictures are truly expressive. Bravo.
Your plants are gonna need a bigger bra any day now. They are filling in so nice. I took a few pics of my U2 today while reconing for my own update soon. I put the good ones here, I save the bud rot photo for my thread. Haha
I think your plants are shading mine.
View attachment 46500View attachment 46501

Looks like they're frosting up S&G. Mine are in full sun from sunrise until about 5pm so did better this year. Last year they were in a lot of shade and turned out more like yours.

The U2 are starting to get heavy. Some have drooped 2 feet. Lots of fruit and berry smells. Nothing skunky or harsh.
Resized_20200926_082551_4712[1].jpeg

Resized_20200924_184801_4389[1].jpeg

Looks like they're frosting up S&G. Mine are in full sun from sunrise until about 5pm so did better this year. Last year they were in a lot of shade and turned out more like yours.

The U2 are starting to get heavy. Some have drooped 2 feet. Lots of fruit and berry smells. Nothing skunky or harsh.
View attachment 46555

View attachment 46554
Very nice!!
Beautiful plants man, truely impressive.
Thanks for taking us along for the ride✌️

The U2 lost some of the tops in the storm. Everything is flowering.

The rest is almost ready. The weather outlook is good so another week or so should be close.
Resized_20201002_144709_2629[1].jpeg

I have not been around much, my mother got sick and passed away so the last week or so has been really tough. She told me once that as a small child I used to bring her flowers so tiny she would have to float them in a bowl of water. Then I grew up helping my grandfather grafting and cloning in his nursery business. I've always been outside growing flowers.
Resized_20201006_130317_5286[1].jpeg
Resized_20201006_130236_8806[1].jpeg
I'm not sure what these are, I just call them the helifinos.

My condolences on the passing of your mother. Plants can help in times like these.
Im pretty sure I’m getting old, but these days I like to work in my garden, fishing, and stacking firewood.
Thank you for this thread.

Thanks guys. I have been busy. Good vibes from you all.

This morning I sprayed neem for probably the last time. I was starting to see some whiteflies when I'd shake them. Don't want an infestation of those. Lots of the fan leaves are depleting now. No more food, just water until harvest.
Resized_20201011_073330_3939[1].jpeg

The u2 f2's are getting fat. Good hard bud structure with lots of trichome production. Sweet fruit and hazey aromas. I'm gonna try to get another week or two on them weather permitting. The f1 U2 finished about the same time. In fact I picked up a couple more packs from the auction. They are very overlooked.
Resized_20201011_073016_5104[1].jpeg

Most pictures have been from the deck so going down to ground level they are still 8 to 10 ft tall, probably 6 ft deep and 12 ft width of the deck. I try to imagine it about like a 6x12 tent, ten ft tall. :) Well since the top 3 to 4 ft got broke off in high winds. Looking up to the deck railing is almost 7 ft.
Resized_20201011_072854_6192[1].jpeg

I hope everyone else is enjoying the fruits of their labor. If not, there's always next year.

In fact I picked up a couple more packs from the auction. They are very overlooked.
View attachment 46801

The Rock and Roll Series are definitely overlooked. The addition of Haze AC really makes this series shine. I am sure that @Tom bolenate can attest to this with The Stones and I have really enjoyed The Cure and The Doors as well. Picked up some more Doors at €12.90 the other day. I could do that all day long lol.

🤙
Mu

Back