NHS - Feb 2020 Growth

Growing, fiming and preparing the plants.

Attachments

• Week 4 Session - Week 4 Veg - 1.jpg
    Week 4 Session - Week 4 Veg - 1.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Week 4 Session - Week 4 Veg - 2.jpg
    Week 4 Session - Week 4 Veg - 2.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 24
Is the jack the back left center? Like left tray in the back on the right side of the tray? Have any shown sex yet?

Kbonsai, no, no sex yet.

Actually, it's still in veg, and the Jack Herer are the 4 plants located in the back ( one nearly died due to a lack/no water for 4 days :( ).

If all goes well, the JH will go into flowering in 2 weeks, after some more low stress training so the branches are spread evenly.

And for the NHS, I guess they will require another 3 or 4 weeks max of fiming/ LST before flowering too.

I hope they don't grow too high :rolleyes:

Week 5 of veg is starting

I have applied to the plants a mix of low and high stress techniques to add more colas.

They are happy, apparently :)

Attachments

• Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 4.jpg
    Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 4.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 2.jpg
    Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 2.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 3.jpg
    Week 5 Session - Week 5 Veg - 3.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 17
Week 6 of veg is starting

Probably the last 2 weeks of veg ... grow grow grow ! :cool:

Attachments

• Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 2.JPG
    Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 2.JPG
    861.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 1.JPG
    Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 1.JPG
    870 KB · Views: 24
Interesting LST techniques! The girls look great. I'm jealous because Ive been having some issues lately... just found mites for the first time (came in from a clone).

I do some topping but have been experimenting lately, so I try a few methods side by side to see what works (leaving 2/4/6 main colas and seeing what works best), which may also have variables strain by strain... My big issue is I just started using these quantum board LED's which reduce stretch greatly and if not careful, I dwarf the shit out of the plants. I have about the same amount in veg right now but a week or two behind; 4 medicine man, 1 angel heart, 4 angolese x bubba kush, 2 purple kush and one blue digi.

Is that method you use called Mainlining? I do a good amount of lollipopping but haven't tried anything like that yet. Seems like a great method for bushier indicas that are inclined to "hide" flowers under the main colas.

I could never imagine that I would be asked about my growing technique :D

The idea is to fim the top when the plants reached 3 nodes high, then I mainline the 4 branches below the 3rd node in the shape of a cross so they grab a max of light.

And depending on the duration of your veg phase, you can top again to slow the growth of the main colas while the side branches are catching up, or leave it like that.

I cut leaves max once per week.

That's it :)

Attachments

• Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 4.JPG
    Week 6 Session - Week 6 Veg - 4.JPG
    869.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Did you try any other methods before choosing this one? They end up with very nice structure...looks like it allows light to hit the whole plant.

Yes, we tried first the mainlining technique using 2 available guides and we came to the conclusion that this technique is only good if you have a very long veg phase and the plants have time to recover AND grow with the new shape.

So for the use of mainlining, expect to require 8-10 weeks of veg growth to make sense.

Fiming is less impacting the growth than topping, that's why we start shaping the plants with that technique.

Also, do not hesitate to remove the fan leaves when they obstruct the light, but no more than 1/3 at a time/per day or the plant might be too stressed.

For the rest, it's also important for the technique to work that the light intensity/umoles, the feeding & watering parameters are perfect ( I have attached to this message a chart created in the past and showing the required light intensity per phase/week : you can safely follow it and even crank the values up if you feel adventurous :D).

Attachments

• Umole.jpg
    Umole.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 27
Week 1 flo !!! Just starting today !! :)

Ok guys and gals, I know what you're going to say after looking at the pictures :
"why switching to flo so fast, and , in addition, 2 plants seem to have wilting leaves ! Are u crazy ?"

And despite the fact that I am probably crazy, I will simply answer :" I know and you're right but I need to hurry up ... so while I should have waited one or two more weeks, it's time to flooooooooooower and identify the "balls carrier".

Zo, let's go :D

Attachments

• Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 1.JPG
    Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 1.JPG
    865.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 2.JPG
    Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 2.JPG
    876.4 KB · Views: 23

Ok guys and gals, I know what you're going to say after looking at the pictures :
"why switching to flo so fast, and , in addition, 2 plants seem to have wilting leaves ! Are u crazy ?"

And despite the fact that I am probably crazy, I will simply answer :" I know and you're right but I need to hurry up ... so while I should have waited one or two more weeks, it's time to flooooooooooower and identify the "balls carrier".

Nice! Yeah i could use something to test Umols. Mainlining seems like it would take a lot of patience or extra space.... I garden with more guessing/intuition than anything which usually works out... more like trial and error. Eventually problems surface and teach me lessons that if dealt with properly are able to be avoided moving forward!

They look pretty healthy to me! Full steam ahead! What is the stem rub like on these? Maybe we should play "guess the male"...

Im guessing the two closest to the camera on the left and the big one closest to the camera on the right (behind the smaller one).... Would be sweet if one of those were a female though, always excites me when the giant ones end up female.

Week 1 flo - mid week

On the right, the 3 plants have been topped once more than the 3 plants on the left.

Why ? to compare the final heigth/weigth/yield at harvest between them.

Plus I'm curious to see how I will be able to train the "untopped" to avoid getting too high in the tent :D

Attachments

• Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 4.JPG
    Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 4.JPG
    875.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 5.JPG
    Week 7 Session - Week 1 Flo - 5.JPG
    861.2 KB · Views: 18
Week 1 flo - mid week

On the right, the 3 plants have been topped once more than the 3 plants on the left.

Why ? to compare the final heigth/weigth/yield at harvest between them.

Plus I'm curious to see how I will be able to train the "untopped" to avoid getting too high in the tent :D

I think the weight will be similar, but the one with more tops probably will have less popcorn bud. I think ive seen a similar experiment in the past. The issue I have with my quantum board LED lights, is the exact opposite! They reduce stretch so much, its almost counter intuitive; I have to put plants into flower much larger then i used to and experiment with the lamp height to try to coax it to stretch more...

The issue I have with my quantum board LED lights, is the exact opposite! They reduce stretch so much, its almost counter intuitive
Is it really an issue to have a short/shorter internode distance in case of Haze that can reach 6 meters high in nature ?

Can't you really use that "feature" to your benefit ? And what about supplementing the electromagnetic spectrum with some additional UV-A source ?

Back