Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

Musashi..you seem to be getting some really good expressions from your plants..im impressed..they look exactly how they should..your growing skills and conditions showing evryone exactly how they should look indoors...you plants are fine examples of the best both of these lines...well done..and im sending plenty of positive energy and thoughts to you an these plants.. all the way through till you get them over the finish line..thanks for sharing these wonders with us all....an last but not least happy new year to you and the magnificent breeder of these plants..to everyone in the mr nice family and team and to us all..best wishes to evryone for the beginnings of a new decade..now lets rock the haze..

Yesterday, I found something unusual in my grow room. Beautiful yellow! I eliminated them this morning.

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii
View attachment 44364
Yesterday

View attachment 44365View attachment 44366
Today

Hello mu I did get them once , did wait like you the next day to remove them and like a couple a weeks later they were poping everywhere. you can see tiny yellow pinheads first.
do you think they came with the soil ? allways wandered
thanx

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Prayers for all you brothers and sisters in Oz. Seems like the whole country is on fire. I understand a lot of it was caused by arsonists. Hang ‘em high.

Last night, a pleasant surprise, I found a few bottles of MasterKaze. Tucked in the back of a dark closet, enjoying cooler temperatures, these were put away July 2018. Nothing like the present moment; the Indica smell of organic, warm earth. I twisted one up and was amazed at the solid stone. Still intact, I would have thought it would have all turned to CBN- not so! A solid smoke and highly recommended.

@#NightMare# golly not sure what to say. MNS genetics- it's in the seed! I’m certain that there are many growers out there that would leave me in the dust with their skills but thank you brah for your kind words!

@Martino thanks for your input.
It could have come from spores within the particular pot as they were growing from one of the drain holes. My guess is that it came from a bag of soil. Bought from my local grow store, I suspect water got in the bag, which then activated the soil in the enclosed bag. When I first opened it, the soil was highly myceliated, giving the impression of “bad” soil. It being my last bag and with latex gloves on, I used it in the last few pots of the current grow. I used it for the clones also.
Other than the one Leucocoprinus incident, the soil appears stable. I did not experience any visible actinomycetal colonies. The clones are a different story. Under hood and high humidity, aerial mycelium expression was redundant, giving the impression of cottage cheese and grey fuzz on the soil; Streptomyces colonies of grey and white-yellow predominate.

clonesbacteria 1_7.jpg
Doors clones

The point I want to make is that the clones responded positively in this medium. Instead of the initial droop, they immediately stood erect. After one week, all 36 clones exhibit strong, stiff stems and intact leaves. Impressive. A foliar spray made up of kelp and Bioag ful-power (fulvic acid) sustains them.

After 7 weeks in veg and 5 weeks in flower, the room is starting to fill out. I can't believe The Doors amazing resin production at this early stage! The last two weeks have been busy getting everything dialed in. From taking of clones to pollination; I disbursed pollen twice from 3 different Doors males- Shorty #2, Lefty #6, and Frankie Boy #14. Worried that the initial pollination did not take, I harvested the rest of the pollen and then re-pollinated all 54 sites. I want those NH x Doors seeds in addition to the Doors F2’s! Oh, and did I mention that many of the Neville's are over 62" this morning :eek:

doorsseeds 1_7.jpg
The future

doors7 1_7.jpgdoors7 bud 1_7.jpg
The Doors #7

doors3 1_7.jpg
The Doors #3

Shaka
Mu

Excellent fungi tech, Musashi. Those are the healthiest clones I've ever seen! Did you use a rooting gel? How much more room do you need before you start training the Nevs?

Yesterday I also found a bottle in the back of a closet from December 2018 with a long, skinny sativa looking Grail Widow F2 bud. Same thing...I was expecting all CBD but the buzz and flavor were excellent! Always a treat to find old stash bud laying around. :D

Wonderful grow, brother. Any favorite girls yet?

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs!

@Marcus- Indeed, the clones at one week were impressive. I make a hole in the soil with a chopstick, dip cutting in cloning gel, insert in the hole. Spray with kelp and fulvic. Maintain moderate temperature and high humidity with a hood.

As for the Neville’s, I am completing the first leg, (the growth phase) of 3 periods.
Looking like rookies in the 1st period of a hockey game, they have yet to really show their chops. Here they are nonetheless:

NH #2 1_8.jpgNH #3 1_8.jpg
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

NH #4 1_8.jpgNH #5  1_8.jpg
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

NH #6 1_8.jpgNH #7 1_8.jpg
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

NH #8 1_8.jpgNH #10 1_8.jpg
Neville's Haze #8 and #10

NH 1_8.jpg
Neville's Haze

I am quickly running out of optimum space with these tentacled monsters; side branches stretching the perimeters! The Doors harvest will free up space going into the 3rd period. I’ll then be able to consolidate the Nev’s under more uniform lighting to help them finish strong in the "last period".

Lest we forget The Doors:

Door #9 sativa 1_8.jpg
The Doors #9 "Sativa"

doors #11 scrubdog 1_8.jpg
The Doors #11 "Scrubdog Pheno"?

And yes, I have specific favorites and will try to get pictures of these soon. They all look delectable just different serving sizes lol! At this stage, it is kind of a pain moving things around to get decent shots if you know what I mean ;)

Shaka
Mu

@P3Ci I am hopeful but she is petite and I’d like her to be able to get o the rides.
@bb247 where have you been brah? Been a while since we teamed up on the G13/AfSk project. That really some very fine ganga. Hope Shanti releases it.

Well, here we are at week 6. Setting cruise control, checkin’ the gauges. No bugs, no herms. Aromas are wafting from the grow room, surpassing the carbon filter. The Neville’s has a delicate freshness, a haze smell and some sweet, slight citrus. A little too early for them though.
YS is right, there is a “very strong dark spicy scent” to The Doors. I liken it to an essential oil. Strong scents like camphor, eucalyptus and some cinnamon come to mind.
The Doors needs some support now because the buds are getting quite large and numerous along the medium height (4 ft) stem.
Meanwhile, the Neville’s is just under 6 ft. and is being lst’d at 4 ft. The lower seeded branches will be harvested in a month’s time. They remind me of how Redwood trees grow. A lateral branch on which many treelets sprout.

The Doors at 6 weeks:
d1b 1_12.jpgd1c 1_12.jpg
Doors #1

d3a 1_12.jpgd3c 1_12.jpg
Doors #3

d4b 1_12.jpgd4c 1_12.jpg
Doors #4

d5b 1_12.jpgd5d 1_12.jpg
Doors #5

d7b 1_12.jpgd7d 1_12.jpg
Doors #7

d8b 1_12.jpgd8c 1_12.jpg
Doors #8

d9a 1_12.jpgd9b 1_12.jpgd9c  1_12.jpg
Doors #9

to be continued...

Shaka
Mu

Aloha braddahs!

This is a follow up to question asked earlier by Marcus, favorite girls. :D

The Doors #1 and #7 are the taller more fuller plants with more bud sites that have larger buds. Whew that’s a mouthful!
The Doors #8 and #9 are the tallest most sativa like with #9 having a viny structure similar to the Neville’s. I am jazzed about this one!
The ice and powder on the leaves reminds me of frosty highways!

The Doors in-crowd:
Doors #1a 1_13.jpgDoors #1b 1_13.jpgDoors #1c 1_13.jpg
Doors #1

Doors #7a 1_13.jpgDoors #7b 1_13.jpgDoors #7d 1_13.jpgDoors #7e 1_13.jpg
Doors #7

The Sat leaning girls:
Doors #8a 1_13.jpgDoors #8b 1_13.jpgDoors #8c 1_13.jpgDoors #8d 1_13.jpg
Doors #8

Doors #9a 1_13.jpgDoors #9b 1_13.jpgDoors #9c 1_13.jpg
Doors #9

More sativa in #8 and #9? More euphoria than the others? We shall see if morphology dictates effect with The Doors.
What I can tell you now is that they are dark smelling when rubbed and so very greasy :cool:

Shaka
Mu

Kia Ora Mu,

Wow, loving what I'm seeing here, absolutely killing it this grow mate, it all looks like fire ��

Just wanting to know how long did your doors cuttings take to root ? I just checked and 9/10 Doors 1& 2 the 2 sativa leaning plants cuttings rooted in 7 days, 2&3 the more indica plants none have rooted yet.

I've had a very similar experience to you with my cuttings I took off my doors plants about 17 total, they have remained perky the whole time never drooping or anything, I have very little experience with cloning and a terrible track record the few times I've tried cloning in the past.

Keep up the good work mate, I'm especially interested in how your tall, lanky girls turn out there beautiful plants mate.

Last edited:

@Martino yep lots of fruiting bodies surfacing. Using a spoon to pick them out of the soil :)

@ Aloha braddah Dkeppel
My 2 cents and what has worked for me; look for new vegetative growth to confirm rooting. Usually 11-14 days for me, some may take longer. Cloning used to be difficult for me until I followed some basic rules. The use of rooting hormone (more auxins are good, right?), selection of healthy, thick enough (3mm) stock, lowers are preferred because of the hormone concentration. High humidity. Appropriate temperatures encourage bacteria and fungi.
Additionally, what has worked for me; I use a foliar of kelp, gauno and silicates on moms to prepare as well as on clones after transfer. My understanding is that silicates can improve root mass and moisture retention, while kelp may improve auxin levels. Guano for soil nutrient and natural fungicide. Earlier, I made the mistake of having my soil too wet. Moist not wet or soggy. Let the bacteria and fungi do their thing in an aerobic environment.
Unfortunately, my clones were taken during flower because I did not give them enough veg time to produce decent cutting sites. They will be slower in their return. Some things shouldn’t be rushed.
Hope you are finding what you are looking for and that your health continues to improve brah.

Lucky Door #7
doors #7a 1_15.jpgdoors #7b 1_15.jpgdoors #7c 1_15.jpg

The Doors were sprayed yesterday with a prophylactic of neem/citrus, gauno, and kelp. They have responded positively as you can see. Tanglefoot on the lower main stems. No mites allowed! They are expecially difficult to see in that hazy stuff. Needs to be done aggresively now as I won't do this later knowing how it can influence tastes and smells on those delicate Neville flowers. I did leave a lot of the overspray on the floors as a barrier.
I am reminded of a nightmare incident involving my favorite SSSDH some years back. Dropped it off at a friends house for reveg only to come back a week later to find a very visible, continuous stream of mites crawling up the main stem and destroying what was left of a stellar plant. Still give me shivers and waves of anger :mad: I haven't seen my friend in quite a while...
Oh, and that slight magenta hue comes from my $100 chicom 1200w LED. It provides excellent mobile lighting for those lower flowers and helps to firm up those seeds lurking in those lower branches.

The number seven:
Seven circles form the symbol called “The Seed of Life”.
The Seed of Life symbolizes the six days of creation.
The central circle symbolizes the day of rest.
seedoflifesymbol.jpg
Seed of Life

I'll tell ya, if feels good walking with Sativas once again.

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:
Now I see why the colors are so nice.. Not all cameras could do that picture so sharp when using colored filters, so it must have been natural :).

Ï am yet to see the Sativas grow for myself.. I will start with with Skunk Haze at some point.
And those auctions are evil on me :D :D Girlfriend wants summer vacation. But Iam still there :D :D wanting that Critical Haze & still thinking about Mango x Afghan Skunk & with shipment allready on its way & even if I know I cannot plant all the seeds at once xD - funny circle :)

Awesome Mu. Stunning doors grow ,hats off bruv.
A21

Exactly !!

Last edited:
Neville's Haze going into 7th week

@ A21 and P3Ci Mahalo braddahs!
Thanks for the love A21 and P3Ci! BTW, Skunk Haze would be a killer start! And oh that auction fever, I remember it well :)

Just snapped these off and apologize for lack of focus. Lights were off and I was tripping around in the darkness lol.
So here is the Neville’s Haze tops going into the 7th week.
Starting to give off that classic Haze smell!

Nevs #2 1_17.jpgNevs #3 1_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

Nevs #4 1_17.jpgNevs #5 1_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

Nevs #6 1_17.jpgNevs #7 1_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

Nevs #8 1_17.jpgNevs #10 1_17.jpg

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:

@ A21 and P3Ci Mahalo braddahs!
Thanks for the love A21 and P3Ci! BTW, Skunk Haze would be a killer start! And oh that auction fever, I remember it well :)

Just snapped these off and apologize for lack of focus. Lights were off and I was tripping around in the darkness lol.
So here is the Neville’s Haze tops going into the 7th week.
Starting to give off that classic Haze smell!

View attachment 44438View attachment 44439
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

View attachment 44440View attachment 44441
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

View attachment 44442View attachment 44443
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

View attachment 44444View attachment 44445

Shaka
Mu

Nevs looks nice..;)

@ENGLISH thank you for stopping by!

With regard to The Doors, I noticed a recent post arguing on its origination. Like many of you, I continually learn new things just by reading excellent posts written in the past by some true giants. As I read these past posts, I noticed they too were arguing about the same things many argue about today! :)
Indeed, while The Doors description reads 75% haze, the numbers appear to vary with some suggesting “poetic license”. Many have assumed that this 75% haze number is equivalent to the Neville’s formula but it isn’t as easy as that.
Along with confusion about percentage contributions, there has also been an effort to pigeon hole the variety with some saying it is just a better, more improved Super Silver Haze. And then there is the Haze A debate… At times it gets quite mysterious and certainly very deep if you catch my drift ;)

So, it’s back to the past in hopes of gleaning additional information on my favorite subject, HAZE! In this case, The Doors! So check this out-

SIVA doors a.jpgDoors #7e 1_13 a.jpg
“Past versus present"
Lord Siva Haze C 2010 compared to present day The Doors 2020

Similar pictures taken 10 years apart!
I hadn’t realized The Doors had been around this long because it went by another name?
Coincidentally, this test was done in 2009/2010 during the same months as my current grow which makes it easy to compare each other’s plants alongside, week to week. I agree with LS on the initial Indie dominance as many of you have reported anecdotally. An interesting thread and I am looking forward to those “water bottle” sized buds to come!

Lord Siva Haze Hybrid C test: https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/5-strain-base/2698-haze-hybrid-c-test.html

Meanwhile, The Doors in 7th week of flower:
doors #11 1_22.jpg
Doors #11

doors #5 1_22.jpg
Doors #5

doors #7a 1_22.jpgdoors #7b 1_22.jpg
Doors #7

Let the foxtailing begin!

Shaka
Mu

Great Grow Mu.

I also see a lot of similarities between Doors #8 and the pheno danklabs found also.

Once it's cured up and ready to smoke providing you have some backup clones - you'll know where to take this great strain next.

Norther lights & Haze is the gift that keeps on giving - any idea where you'll want to take this in F2

Damn, Musashi, they all look fantastic. I think your grow environment is much better than mine - I don't recall seeing anywhere near the amount of resin on the leaves as you have. A deep bow of respect to you!

The Doors #7 and 8 look more sativa than any of the 7 girls I grew. And your Nevs looks delicious! Excellent grow, bro, can't wait for the final results to manifest themselves!

Aloha braddahs!

@CF- thanks for the pix brah!
@Marcus- thanks for the kind words! Still using those clunky 2x600’s lol. I use a MH in combination with HPS. I do need to replace those bulbs, they are going on 2 years!

Recently, I’ve given up my illusion of having The Doors finish in 10 weeks so I can have more room for the Nev’s. I am stretching the fringes of light these days just to keep the girls somewhat happy. That inexpensive LED I pulled out came in handy for the lowers :).

And then this morning:
empty bottle.jpg
Another Dead Soldier

When the Mango’s gone you know you’re in bad shape. Ha, just gassin ya! I still have several bottles left. I got a room full of healthy sativas, my pollination went successfully, and I got a roof over my head to keep me out of the torrential rain. Yet for the life of me, over these last few days, I can’t seem to take a decent picture. I was re-orienting the Nev’s the other day and decided to showcase the better, more productive ones. Here they are for now, I’ll get better pictures later.

nh #2a 1_24.jpgnh #2b 1_23.jpg
Neville's Haze #2

nh #3a 1_24.jpgnh #3b 1_24.jpg
Neville's Haze #3

nh #6a 1_24.jpgnh #6b 1_24.jpg
Neville's Haze #6

@masey- like everyone else, I want to replace the Thai I grew back in ‘72 haha. I may not like the Doors “effect” as much as my Mango IBL or the NHM and NH that I have grown in the past and may discard. IDK. My intention right now is to keep the more sativa “effect” clones if they are better than the Nev’s and that will decide the fate of the f2’s. I would consider a Doors/Cure mating. I think this might give a perfect indoor plant. At this moment, I am more interested in the NHxDoors cross. These seeds will be explored on their own or may be crossed with NH, NHM, or La Nina. The Doors needs to be awfully good to make me want to immediately start this project. In the meantime, I am perfectly happy with the Mango Haze in hand and I have so many more seeds and other projects that they can wait for now. I’d really like to revisit La Nina, Mango Widow and NL/Haze. Time will tell eh brah?

Shaka
Mu

Back