can nanners in late ripening effect aroma?

Indi

My room got too hot in one light cycle and it was during ripening stage.
Nanners started showing and I cut them out.
The aroma seems to be different but cutting into a cola might be what I’m smelling.
Colas have swelled up noticeably and fresh white pistils since nanners started showing.
Can nanners effect aroma?

Thanks.
I didn’t know if fertilized plants smell different after getting pollinated and that’s what caused the fresh pistils and change in smell.
It’s definitely nanners from heat and not hermes.

Thanks.
I didn’t know if fertilized plants smell different after getting pollinated and that’s what caused the fresh pistils and change in smell.
It’s definitely nanners from heat and not hermes.

once a plant is pollinated it will put all it's energy into producing it's seeds. I suppose this may cause a change in smell from what it may have been.

Once the pistils are no longer white they cannot be fertilised and nanners in late bloom are not usually a problem due to this. Often they are not even fertile. They are a sign that it is time to harvest, though!! if you are more or less done then harvest now.

Your problem is heat. This can also cause re-flowerings, encourage nanners and dampen aromas as well as cause a stringiness to the buds. It can also encourage leafy flowers and BUD-ROT...... It is best avoided but you haven't ruined your flowers...They will be at 90% instead of 100% if you look after them well from here on in.

I KNOW you are on top of it because you can obviously grow... but anyway, if you need suggestions about how to keep heat down they yell and I'm sure the community (myself included) have some ideas that may help or at least spark some ideas of your own...

Good Luck

They are doing much better after I dimmed lights down.

I’m going to post some pictures because one of the females has all orange hairs that were dried and they swelled a threw out very thick white hairs.
It has cloudy trichomes but threw a bunch of clear with the new white hairs appearing and a few small fox tails.
The other wasn’t as ripe but it did the same.
It’s CH and the others finished at end of week 7 which seems early for CH.

Last edited:
Here’s some pictures.
This was during flush and ripening stage.
The first pheno was all orange hairs and they were all dry bright orange.

The second wasn’t done yet but grew more white hairs like the first.
Both swelled more but the thick white hairs on the first one wasn’t there.

The first one is mostly cloudy except for the fresh hairs and trichomes.
The second hadn’t clouded up yet but did have some amber but the edges were amber with a clear center and the clear were cloudy edges with clear center.
I haven’t seen any more nanners appear and I don’t know whether to harvest or give them more time.
They are between week 8 and 9 and the others finished at end of week 7.
I been getting quite a few 7 week finishers and whether it’s because of a more intense light or by chance I don’t know.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 07342710-CBA9-44AD-8D10-2DAAC9FAF01F.jpeg
    07342710-CBA9-44AD-8D10-2DAAC9FAF01F.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 8
  • B54D3118-B699-4268-8ED1-EAEE5A5B3CA2.jpeg
    B54D3118-B699-4268-8ED1-EAEE5A5B3CA2.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 11
They turned nicer than expected after drying just a few days.
The white hairs turned orange after they dried just for a few days.
I’ll take another picture to show the difference.
I think I got a lemon SSH or CH haze.
When I smell the trim that’s dried for a few days I get a lot of citrus lemony aroma.The buds are still too wet and fresh to get the natural aromas.

Back