Ortega for beginner?

It's been awhile and I'm thinking of continuing where I left off. Growing Ortega was a pleasure and I had excellent results for outdoors. Now I'd like to grow some indoors under HPS and CMH lighting. I really want to get off prescribed opiates that have taken over my life. I have bought a XL /600 Growtent kit and am currently testing it all out with Girl Scout Cookies x Purple Afghan Kush. I did consider The Cure and only wish MNS had a medical medley of seeds for people wishing to switch from pharma to farma.
Looking forwards to the upcoming adventure
JKP.

Hello Joe, I'm glad to see you resurrect this thread and I'm "rooting" for you, heh! :D I hope your journey is successful and that in your travels you will "blaze" a path for others. :D :D Seriously, helping find a way to get people off opiates is one of the most important things you can do to help society, as well as yourself. I wish you the very best.

It's been awhile and I'm thinking of continuing where I left off. Growing Ortega was a pleasure and I had excellent results for outdoors. Now I'd like to grow some indoors under HPS and CMH lighting. I really want to get off prescribed opiates that have taken over my life. I have bought a XL /600 Growtent kit and am currently testing it all out with Girl Scout Cookies x Purple Afghan Kush. I did consider The Cure and only wish MNS had a medical medley of seeds for people wishing to switch from pharma to farma.
Looking forwards to the upcoming adventure
JKP.

I was on that poison for 15 years. Here, on this site when I was close to blowing my head off, someone turned me on to Kratom. It gave me my life back.

If you're in the states, pm me and I will link you to some vendors I use with 3rd party lab tested kratom for as low as $75 a kg. One sire, you can get up to 4 different 1/4 kg varieties for $75.

I'm working full time on a HUGE legal farm now when the doctors were telling me I'd never work again 10+ years ago.

The herb and kratom has saved my life.

Everything about your life will be better once you put the opiates behind you. The first few weeks are a mother fucker, but you'll get through it.

Good luck.

For a beginner Yes and No, my expierence is that Ortega is very good al rounder and an excellent pain killer. Its a offspring(?) of NL, and a parent to Black Domina. Its a solid indica, pedigree.

I was able to select two keepers out 18 seeds, after two runs I choose my "Best Girl. Who is been giving cuttings for two years now, I grafted No1 on No2 just for fun as a keeper. Making cutting or grafting is going pretty easy.

As a mother she is forgiving during veg, could handle a fair amount of abuse and neglection. Less and to much nutrions, bad lighting and enviroment temp&moist. Giving it attention and she would revive.

Flowering is straight forward, manicure due to calyx flower ratio is fun. Buds are dense. Good yields. Keep in mind this not a vigor F1 hybrid.

But beware, while flowering she does not like moist in any kind on the leaves or buds. The buds are dense/compact when wet mildew can occur. So a non humid climat is higly preferable (indoor!).

For us its a keeper as a mohter or craftling among others, for fighting fybro flares and pain.

my 50 cents

I am a beginning grower and am looking for a decent strain. I had decided on Northern Lights as that strain, due to my research in various forums. Then I heard about Ortega being a cross between NL1 and NL5, which seemed to me (in my inexperienced eyes) to be another Northern Lights variety. I've read the comparison between sensi seeds Northern Lights and Ortega on this forum. I've also read about the hermaphroditic issue with the Ortega strain. I've also heard many great things about Mr. Nice seedbank.

My question is, is this strain (Ortega) a good strain to start with? Or should I go with a seedline which has more established/stable genetics? (I'm inexperienced so, if I am misusing terms, please forgive me.)

My main priorities on which seeds to produce are, #1 Short flowering time, #2 ease of growing/cloning for a beginner, #3 potency (lets be honest, we all prefer stronger stuff).

Are the hermaphroditic tendencies with Ortega over-stated? Is the Ortega strain right for me? Or should I get a few grows under my belt before giving it a try?

For me atleast,,," (lets be honest, we all prefer stronger stuff)".....Well i do not agree..Less is more...

I had 6 females no Hermies at all...she tasted good and yielded well but nothing worth keeping in my 6 girls long term...I prefer Nordle,Ash and Medman...Ortega was heavy enough in the head but great body high

Ortega was however very very easy to grow, finished very fast 7-8wk average flowering and was even over crowded which many said showed herm trait...mine were over packed and not one banana

Last edited:
Back