Critical Skunk

jerry-hatrick-albums-various-pics-picture12586-critical-skunk-60-days-seed.png

I had to lose the quality to get it to upload to the album.

It seems to take forever to sex from seed.
Usually not till week 2 flowering can I tell.
Is there some method of early sexing I dont know?
I can fit 6-8 in my tent if I use small pots, but if I pop 8 and get 2 females after a long wait I will be in a bad way and need to pop more.
How long from seed do you usually know sex?

My Fem seeds showed at week 5, but my reg seeds didnt show still at 9 weeks and took till 13 days 12/12 to tell.

Last edited:
By week 4 to 5 at the 4th or 5th node you should be able to identify the preflowers.Get a loupe or magnifying glass and take a look. With two spaces avalable you should be able to manage production comfortably, even if you get more males than expected grow the two out and flower them whilst you start some more seeds?

By week 4 to 5 at the 4th or 5th node you should be able to identify the preflowers.Get a loupe or magnifying glass and take a look. With two spaces avalable you should be able to manage production comfortably, even if you get more males than expected grow the two out and flower them whilst you start some more seeds?

4th or 5th node meaning toward top or bottom?
Im almost blind and thing my eyes are the biggest issue. I have been thinking about a usb scope or macro lens for my camera.

Counting from the first real node at the bottom, number 1, increasing towards the top. If you have issues with your vision post pictures if you can, I would be happy to help you identify them

No problem.
I have just started to mainline some new seedlings that are nearly 4 weeks old. I topped them a week ago and out of 12 only three had not yet shown sex at the very top node. A good trick is to veg under 18 hours for the first 3 weeks then drop it to 14 until they show sex, then you can ramp back up to 18. Apparently the fewer hours at this stage encourages more females. Has never worked for me I almost always get 50:50.

No problem.
I have just started to mainline some new seedlings that are nearly 4 weeks old. I topped them a week ago and out of 12 only three had not yet shown sex at the very top node. A good trick is to veg under 18 hours for the first 3 weeks then drop it to 14 until they show sex, then you can ramp back up to 18. Apparently the fewer hours at this stage encourages more females. Has never worked for me I almost always get 50:50.

The 14 hr thing sounds like a good idea.
Ill try that, save a few bucks in the process.
Gonna pop some in the next few days.

No problem.

Source of that information ?

I have never heard that before .

Reported in a study by Dutch Passion amongst others. From memory...
Fewer hours of light around week 4 (14 optimal)
Higher N in rootzone with lower K eg 3-2-1
Consistent rootzone moisture
Blue light spectrum 5000k +
Humidity 60%+
Lower temperatures ??
All assist in producing females apparently
Like i said has never made any difference IME

Give it a google, pretty sure ive seen it on IC too...

Last edited:
my favourite strain to smoke by far.. I got garlic early that finished with a herb undertone (maybe rosemary or chives) and the garlic moved to more an onion... tasty clean smoke. Thick expanding, made for my bong..

Last edited:
Buddy has 7 CS females that are 2-3 weeks from harvest. Will give an update when I get the product. Friend says it smells really good/exotic.
Also has some Elemental Seeds Grizzly Kush that is also being tested.
Have also done the Critical Mass with great results. Hopefully the CS is as good, or better vs CM.

I believe they still have just a little more to go, but it should be a week or so, and they will be cut. They needed to go a bit longer than I thought.

Late reply.

Critical Sk was a very good yielder. 20oz from 2 plants under 1000w Hortilux HPS in 120 days.

Smell its floral, with Pineapple, and hash. Fairly lung expansive. Tastes like it smells.

Attachments

• WIN_20180902_17_45_05_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180902_17_45_05_Pro.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lots of smells in cs.. all the plants are a nice smoke though, with one of the best cruisey highs.. some sit ya but most are just nice. Pineapple come out with cure? I can't stop smoking it when it's around, to find out how it does with a cure....

Back